Windows 10: Windows 10 Slow startup

Discus and support Windows 10 Slow startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; HP Laptop 15-bs0xx with HDD hard drive and Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 single graphics, windows startup has gone from less than 30 seconds to nearly 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NanishMaharjan, Feb 12, 2019 at 4:37 AM.

1. Windows 10 Slow startup

HP Laptop 15-bs0xx with HDD hard drive and Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 single graphics, windows startup has gone from less than 30 seconds to nearly 5 minutes.

I have already tried several methods such as

1) disabling the unnecessary startups programs

2) freeing enough free space in local disks

3) Updating graphics drivers

4) checking for windows corrupted files

5) checking for and removing viruses and malware

6) defragmentation of the local disks

7) Pausing one drive

8) updating the latest version of windows

:)

NanishMaharjan, Feb 12, 2019 at 4:37 AM
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

3. SlipSlice Win User
    Slow Startup

Does anybody know why I am having really slow system startups? I don't have extra startup programs than I use to have. The only thing that I think it could be is my antivirus program. I use AVG now since I reformated 2 days ago..and every since then, I have a really slow startup..I don't know if that is the reason..Does anybody have any suggestions, on how to speed my startup? I use to be able to be on my desktop screen in like 35-40 seconds at most. And now it is way over a minute. Any help would be gr8.

-slip*Cool Windows 10 Slow startup :cool:

4. catstone Win User

Windows 10 Slow startup

Slow Startup

see if my words helps...skip the steps that u already tried.
    1. check the start-up items. Run the command of "msconfig" , check the "start up" page(i am not sure of the precise name of this page,coz.i am using chinese version of windows). diable ALL the items listed. save the setting and restart.
    2. check the free space of each partition of harddisk. make sure that each partition has a free space of more than 1 gb( higher ,better).
    3. check the list of installed programs, through the control panel. uninstall those seldom used
    4. it might be unkown comflict of softwares. keep your system as clean as possible. for example, you can disable your antivirus, then restart to see if it is faster
    5. it might be fragments. defrag all partitions.
    6. manage the services of your system. right click "my computer",click "manage(G)", in the window below, the third level-1 menu is "service and applications". disable unecessary auto startup services.
    7. up to repend~~

Thema:

Windows 10 Slow startup

1. Windows 10 Slow startup - Similar Threads - Slow startup

2. Windows 10 slow startup on Acer v5-571 laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slow startup on Acer v5-571 laptop: Why is the Acer v3-571 laptop so slooooooow to startup with Windows 10? I've tried clean re-installing Windows 10 with all files data deleted. turned off startup files and windows defender. NOTHING WORKS!!!! Why does Windows 10 take forever to start up on this laptop?...
  3. Windows 10 64 bit, Startup issue, Very Slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 64 bit, Startup issue, Very Slow: I bought Dell Laptop recently, However am very unhappy with the performance of it, i don't know whether it is due to the OS issue, it has Windows 10 64 bit OS, which takes a huge time to start, and Logon page appears after long wait. Also if we open any pictures, Docs, it...
  4. slow after startup

slow after startup: My computer is very slow after startup(booting is good but after login it takes 3 minutes or more to open google chrome or any another program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-after-startup/81e68cdc-453b-44c0-a425-1f656a7ec7cd
  5. Slow startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow startup: Suddenly on startup my installed apps are downloading one at a time and are slow. Also if I try to download a new app it takes a long time.Once all the apps are open all is normal .any help please...
  6. Windows 10 is broken! Startup programs not starting up, ssd usage high, stutters, overall slow.

Windows 10 is broken! Startup programs not starting up, ssd usage high, stutters, overall slow.: Alright so I just built a pc which has a Ryzen 2600 cpu 8gb ddr4 2400mhz 240gb ssd kingston (i have about 120gb free as of right now) 500w evga psu msi b450m pro 2 mobo powercolor rx 570 oc 4gb When i first installed windows from a usb drive with the media creation...
  7. Windows10 Slow Startup

Windows10 Slow Startup: I had the slow start problem on my Windows 10 PC. Solution: In the power options, set the shut down times to 3 mins. Don't switch off the PC. Leave it on all the time. When you return to the PC Just press the space bar to restart.---3 seconds! The power used during the...
  8. Intel USB 3.0 Controller intermittent slow initialization issues at startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel USB 3.0 Controller intermittent slow initialization issues at startup: Occasionally I have noticed that the mouse (and now keyboard) sometimes take longer to initialize whenever the login screen appears after a system power up. This is usually accompanied by the device connect sound. Occasionally, sometimes when this happens the mouse does not...
  9. windows 10 slow startup

windows 10 slow startup: I have issues in startup its taking too much time with black screen before login. I checked event viewer to see what is taking that much time and that was the result: This application took longer than usual to start up, resulting in a performance degradation in the system...
  10. Slow startup

Slow startup: When I power my PC up it takes a long time before I can do anything without having to wait. I have checked and my 'C' drive is 100% busy for several minutes. What can I do to alleviate having by disk thrashed (and thereby get to being productive without having to wait while I...