Windows 10: Windows 10 slow to boot 3 mins

Discus and support Windows 10 slow to boot 3 mins in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; why does it take 3 mins. to boot, I thought win 10 was supposed to be faster to boot?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SylviaHumble, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Windows 10 slow to boot 3 mins

why does it take 3 mins. to boot, I thought win 10 was supposed to be faster to boot?

:)

SylviaHumble, Oct 25, 2018
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Oct 25, 2018
  3. scevism Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

Wow you were so right just done a fresh install with just the ssd connected. Takes like 10 secs to boot into windows not like 3 mins anymore.*Smile Windows 10 slow to boot 3 mins :)
    Thank you so much for the advice.*Toast :toast:

scevism, Oct 25, 2018
  4. cdawall Win User

Windows 10 slow to boot 3 mins

windows 10 slow boot

No problem windows is dumb installing and this is a common issue oddly enough.

cdawall, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 slow to boot 3 mins

1. Windows 10 slow to boot 3 mins - Similar Threads - slow boot mins

2. Windows take 10 min to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows take 10 min to boot: Hi I have a problem, my Windows is taking... 20 minute to boot , I reinstalled Windows No problem occurred, but after two days and after downloading the updates, the same problem occurred windows take 20 min to boot Ssd is new...
  3. Windows take 10 min to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows take 10 min to boot: Hi I have a problem, my Windows is taking... 20 minute to boot , I reinstalled Windows No problem occurred, but after two days and after downloading the updates, the same problem occurred windows take 20 min to boot Ssd is new...
  4. Windows take 10 min to boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 slow booting with fast boot disabled (3 minnutes)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 slow booting with fast boot disabled (3 minnutes): I am a doctor. I have bought a new laptop Lenovo flex 5 14 inch AMD ryzen5 4500u. It came preloaded with windows 10 My laptop thanks to NVMe SSD boots really fast and takes around 10 seconds with fastboot enabled. The issue is that with fastboot disabled it takes around 3...
  6. Windows 10 slow booting with fast boot disabled (3 minnutes)

Windows 10 slow booting with fast boot disabled (3 minnutes): I am a doctor. I have brought a new laptop Lenovo flex 5 14inch with AMD Ryzen 4500u processor, it came preloaded with Windows 10 2004 version (fully updated to latest 19041.58). This laptop has NVMe SSD and gives me a really good boot speed of just around 10 seconds with...
  7. Slow Boot more than 4 min.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Boot more than 4 min.: Hi, Slowness occurs after loading the BIOS and before the User screen. There is also a Google Drive link with a MEMORY dump file, if necessary. MEMORY.DMP Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.836 thank you 157545
  8. Windows 10 suddenly so slow 3 mins to load chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 suddenly so slow 3 mins to load chrome: My windows 10 acer aspire xc-704 has randomly decided to stop working. It is literally unusable. Yesterday it was fine but this morning it has been extremely slow. It takes 3 mins to load anything even the search bar on the task bar. I really need help soon, Thanks....
  9. Very slow 45 min Boot

Very slow 45 min Boot: Have run 4 times SFC and keeps finding errors. Can you help me determine what to do? Upgraded from win 7 Pro x64 to Win 10 Pro 10 days ago,, first week startup was perfect, then something happened, an upgrade or external program, don't know. Have read in other forums to...
  10. Extremely Slow Boot Time (3 min)

Extremely Slow Boot Time (3 min): Hi, I recently purchased a laptop with windows 10 x64. The product specifications are these: Star Wars™ Special Edition Notebook - 15-an001na (ENERGY STAR) Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support It's a HP laptop. The boot up time close to 3 minutes goes like this:...