Windows 10: Windows 10 slow to bring up new window since 1903

Discus and support Windows 10 slow to bring up new window since 1903 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit 16GB RAM, less than half used Since the recent update to 1903, it's often slow when opening new window for any app. It can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by redhonker, Jul 28, 2019.

1. redhonker Win User

Windows 10 slow to bring up new window since 1903

Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

16GB RAM, less than half used

Since the recent update to 1903, it's often slow when opening new window for any app. It can take 5 or even more seconds. I can also observe Outlook 2019 freeze periodically (Not-responding showed up in the title bar).

How could I troubleshoot?

Thanks

:)

redhonker, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for Windows

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Windows 10 slow to bring up new window since 1903

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 slow to bring up new window since 1903

1. Windows 10 slow to bring up new window since 1903 - Similar Threads - slow bring window

2. Signing in to Windows 10 brings up a window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signing in to Windows 10 brings up a window?: Ok, this is probably not the biggest thing to deal with but oddly, my freshly "reset" laptop has been showing me this window every time I'm signing in. What's up with this and how can I get rid of it? I mean, every time this shows up it takes up more time than necessary just...
  3. Signing in to Windows 10 brings up a window?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Signing in to Windows 10 brings up a window?: Ok, this is probably not the biggest thing to deal with but oddly, my freshly "reset" laptop has been showing me this window every time I'm signing in. What's up with this and how can I get rid of it? I mean, every time this shows up it takes up more time than necessary just...
  4. Signing in to Windows 10 brings up a window?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows 10 slow since update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 slow since update: windows slowed down since update. How to improve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slow-since-update/307d4015-0c16-45ce-a1cf-539dff478a43
  6. Slow Windows 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Windows 1903: I recently updated windows 10 from 1703 to 1903 And It becomes very slow i dont know why, What should i do. HOW TO MAKE IT FASTER LIKE PREVIOUS VERSION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-windows-1903/888c96b7-c3ea-4c1a-9877-479851962dd2
  7. slow bootup in windows 10 1903

slow bootup in windows 10 1903: Hi there, i have been facing a problem regarding my laptop, running windows 10 1903, regarding very slow bootup and slow wakeup from sleep. i have made thread previously as well regarding the problem but nothing solved after trying numerous troubleshooting techniques....
  8. Extremely slow start-up and wake-up from sleep is also slow in windows 10 1903

Extremely slow start-up and wake-up from sleep is also slow in windows 10 1903: Hi, I have been facing an issue on my Toshiba C55-C5241 Laptop, since i upgraded to windows 10 1903 (build 18362.267). The issue was, my PC startup is extremely slow and when i wake up the laptop from sleep it was taking too much time, now i have updated my Laptop to the...
  9. Windows 1903 is running slow

Windows 1903 is running slow: I just installed Windows 10 Home 1903 yesterday and I wasn't having any problems with it then. When I turned my computer on this morning, I noticed it was taking a while to start up. The GUI is laggy and shutting down also takes longer. I have a HP Notebook 14-dk0022wm. This...
  10. slow windows since purchase

in Windows 10 Customization
    slow windows since purchase: Hello, I bought a new lenovo windows pc last year, intel i5, amd radeon graphics. But since the beginning it was slow opening folders, pictures or videos, softwares and even to open the Start menu. I barely use it, I don't have many personal files saved. I do the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer very slow after windows 10 update to version 1903