Windows 10: Windows 10 slow to respond to moving a window

Discus and support Windows 10 slow to respond to moving a window in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, We recently installed two brand new windows 10 professional systems. System specs on both systems are business grade, and far exceed the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Spinner4000, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 slow to respond to moving a window

Hi, We recently installed two brand new windows 10 professional systems.

System specs on both systems are business grade, and far exceed the windows 7 systems they replaced.

However, we are seeing an odd slow-to-respond issue. Specifically, when grabbing and moving windows explorer windows.

Symptom is: Click on any explorer window's top frame and move (intending to drag), and nothing happens.

The mouse cursor moves, but the window does not (indicating it was not grabbed).

Performing the whole operation "click-then-drag" at the accustomed speed has a high rate of failure (~50%).

Slowing down a great deal (adding approximately a whole second between click and drag) seems to remove the issue.

Any clues as to what's changed between windows 7 and windows 10 that's lead to this?

And, if so, can anything be done about it?

:)

Spinner4000, Oct 20, 2019
  2. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Oct 20, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 20, 2019
  4. Jborg Win User

Windows 10 slow to respond to moving a window

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for Windows

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 slow to respond to moving a window

1. Windows 10 slow to respond to moving a window - Similar Threads - slow respond moving

2. windows slow responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows slow responding: windows slow responding mouse have to click many times but mouse moving fast but when clicking is not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-slow-responding/b1814a7c-c244-4193-bb1a-07dd87fa02fa
  3. windows slow responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows slow responding: windows slow responding mouse have to click many times but mouse moving fast but when clicking is not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-slow-responding/b1814a7c-c244-4193-bb1a-07dd87fa02fa
  4. windows slow responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows slow to respond to actions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows slow to respond to actions: Hello,I have this strange problem that has started happening in the last two weeks. Windows becomes slow to respond to what I am doing, for instance, when opening a program, folder, task manager, or even shutting down or restarting the PC. Everything takes an extra 10-20...
  6. Windows slow to respond to actions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows slow to respond to actions: Hello,I have this strange problem that has started happening in the last two weeks. Windows becomes slow to respond to what I am doing, for instance, when opening a program, folder, task manager, or even shutting down or restarting the PC. Everything takes an extra 10-20...
  7. Windows slow to respond to actions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 File Explorer slow and not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer slow and not responding: As the title above my file explorer takes too long to load when i opened it, or even attaching files online. If I click anything it will show that its not responding and then finish loading after awhile. Other apps work just fine only the file explorer has problem.So far I...
  9. Browsers on windows 10 are responding slow

Browsers on windows 10 are responding slow: From last few days browser such as Google chrome ,fire fox, and internet explorer are responding very slow on my system.When i open it after restaring my system....
  10. Browsers running slow & not responding on Windows 10

Browsers running slow & not responding on Windows 10: Hi, running Windows 10 on HP 250 G6 Core Intel i5-7200 8GB 1TB laptop, recently all my browsers like edge & firefox have a very slow speed to browse, keep crashing not responding, and doesn't keep up with my typing. I have Avira free installed, have run ccleaner,...