Windows 10: Windows 10 slow to shut down

Discus and support Windows 10 slow to shut down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; A client came in with a personal built desktop that is slow to shut down. After clicking shut down, the computer seems to not take the input and he is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Nicholas Wroblewski (OIT), Aug 29, 2019.

1. Windows 10 slow to shut down

A client came in with a personal built desktop that is slow to shut down. After clicking shut down, the computer seems to not take the input and he is able to use the computer for about 10 seconds. Then the shutting down screen appears for at least thirty seconds. Event viewer shows the following XML code under operational diagnostics performance.

- <System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance" Guid="{cfc18ec0-96b1-4eba-961b-622caee05b0a}" />

<EventID>203</EventID>

<Version>1</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>4007</Task>

<Opcode>41</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000010000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-08-29T22:48:40.295867600Z" />

<EventRecordID>44</EventRecordID>

<Correlation ActivityID="{a9350bc5-5ebb-0007-9f12-35a9bb5ed501}" />

<Execution ProcessID="3840" ThreadID="4576" />

<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance/Operational</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-2E86I09</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-19" />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data Name="StartTime">2019-08-29T22:44:50.823500600Z</Data>

<Data Name="NameLength">25</Data>

<Data Name="Name">DeviceAssociationService</Data>

<Data Name="FriendlyNameLength">27</Data>

<Data Name="FriendlyName">Device Association Service</Data>

<Data Name="VersionLength">36</Data>

<Data Name="Version">10.0.18362.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)</Data>

<Data Name="TotalTime">5317</Data>

<Data Name="DegradationTime">1317</Data>

<Data Name="PathLength">28</Data>

<Data Name="Path">C:\WINDOWS\system32\das.dll</Data>

<Data Name="ProductNameLength">37</Data>

<Data Name="ProductName">Microsoft® Windows® Operating System</Data>

<Data Name="CompanyNameLength">22</Data>

<Data Name="CompanyName">Microsoft Corporation</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Thanks for the help.

:)

Nicholas Wroblewski (OIT), Aug 29, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for Windows

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 slow to shut down

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 slow to shut down

1. Windows 10 slow to shut down - Similar Threads - slow shut down

2. Slow startup and slow shut down help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow startup and slow shut down help: Hi guys,So I have some problems with my PC. There was a point in time where my PC couldn't shut down properly and each time i pressed shut down from windows, it keeps rebooting. My fix to that was to fiddle with something from the registry where I had to uncheck something. It...
  3. Slow startup and slow shut down help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow startup and slow shut down help: Hi guys,So I have some problems with my PC. There was a point in time where my PC couldn't shut down properly and each time i pressed shut down from windows, it keeps rebooting. My fix to that was to fiddle with something from the registry where I had to uncheck something. It...
  4. Slow startup and slow shut down help

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Is Slow To Shut Down And Fast To Boot Up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Is Slow To Shut Down And Fast To Boot Up.: Hey, my windows has been odd lately. For whatever reason when I shutdown/reboot at take a good bit of time 2-3 mins. I'm not sure why. I can boot in under 20 secs and have a fast ssd. I have no speed problems in windows either. The only problem is when shutting down and...
  6. PC Slow to shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Slow to shut down: Does any one have a problem lately with windows taking a long time to shut down when requested it seems ti ignore the request and then minutes later it shuts down. has an update caused this any help would be apreciated...
  7. win 10 slow start and shut down

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 slow start and shut down: I hope I'm in the right forum I have a win 10 pc with a hhd and ssd. Win 10 OS is installed on the ssd. both bootup and shut down (from the time I clicked shut down to the lite on the pc going off for shut down) would take something less than 5 or 6 seconds. Then shut down...
  8. Slow shut down

Slow shut down: Hello, long time viewer, first time poster. I'm a huge fan of the Windows 10, I love it, however recently I've gotten my first glimpse of the buggy side. The computer (pretty decent) is taking a very very long time to shut down. I just let it be, maybe update or something,...
  9. Slow shut down problem

Slow shut down problem: Hi everyone! I have a problem with Windows 10 Pro 64bit version, shut down process. Every time it does the same thing, programs like Steam, Origin, Logitech Gaming Software, can't shutdown immediately, but instead a little window pops up asking me to end all of these...
  10. Windows 10 occasionally freezes / Slow shut down.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 occasionally freezes / Slow shut down.: *Smile Hi all. Recently I have noticed one or two problems (niggles), crop up. 1. Windows 10 occasionally freezes for no apparent reason that I can see. 2. Start up appears slightly longer on the start. 3. Shutdown / Restart, noticeably slower. I have run full virus...