Windows 10: Windows 10 slow to shutdown

Discus and support Windows 10 slow to shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I noticed that Windows 10 was taking about 30 seconds to both shutdown and restart, so i added a VerboseStatus key and set it's value to 1 to here to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gedstar, Dec 16, 2015.

1. gedstar Win User

Windows 10 slow to shutdown

I noticed that Windows 10 was taking about 30 seconds to both shutdown and restart, so i added a VerboseStatus key and set it's value to 1 to here to see what was causing the issue
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Turns out 2 services where causing the issue
    1 Delivery Optimization Service
    2 Nvidia Streamer Service

So I disabled both and reboot and shutdown now takes about 10 seconds. *Biggrin
    I don't play games so Nvidia Streamer Service will not affect me.

From what I can see Delivery Optimization Service is related to "updates from more than one place" in Windows update which I have disable anyway.
    So my question is, is it OK to disable this, I would assume so, but would like verification

Thanks in advance

Ged

:)

gedstar, Dec 16, 2015

2. Windows startup is very slow after updated windows

My PC is windows 10 Home Language. After updated windows my PC is too slow working when Startup and shutdown. I have cleaned all Temp files and "Windows.old" folder. Now my PC is very slow to startup and shutdown.

Nishikanta Wangkhem, Dec 16, 2015
  3. dodi2khan Win User
    Windows 10 Slow startup and shutdown

Hi

After upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 my system start and shutdown very slow please help about this issue.

Thanks

dodi2khan, Dec 16, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 slow to shutdown

1. Windows 10 slow to shutdown - Similar Threads - slow shutdown

2. Weird issue about slow shutdown speed. The longer the time that the system has been on, the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird issue about slow shutdown speed. The longer the time that the system has been on, the...: Hi, so recently a weird issue raised up. So if I start my pc and then quickly shut it down really soon, it will take forever for it to shut down. Somehow the longer the time I have the system running, the quicker it shutdown/restart. like if the pc has been turned on for few...
  3. Weird issue about slow shutdown speed. The longer the time that the system has been on, the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird issue about slow shutdown speed. The longer the time that the system has been on, the...: Hi, so recently a weird issue raised up. So if I start my pc and then quickly shut it down really soon, it will take forever for it to shut down. Somehow the longer the time I have the system running, the quicker it shutdown/restart. like if the pc has been turned on for few...
  4. Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep: I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 on this PC. It's a fairly old system, and I have had to buy a used motherboard to replace my last one. I did find a bent pin, but I bent it back, and I dont think it was anything that wasn't redundant. Everything worked fine...
  5. Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep

Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep: I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 on this PC. It's a fairly old system, and I have had to buy a used motherboard to replace my last one. I did find a bent pin, but I bent it back, and I dont think it was anything that wasn't redundant. Everything worked fine...
  6. Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 11 slow and laggy after forced shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 slow and laggy after forced shutdown: Hi, last night I accidentally forced my laptop shut while it was in sleep mode.This morning, when I switched it on, it was laggy and slow in general, especially the browser. I use PDF files on Microsoft edge and they started being blurry while scrolling tried switching off...
  8. Windows 11 slow and laggy after forced shutdown

Windows 11 slow and laggy after forced shutdown: Hi, last night I accidentally forced my laptop shut while it was in sleep mode.This morning, when I switched it on, it was laggy and slow in general, especially the browser. I use PDF files on Microsoft edge and they started being blurry while scrolling tried switching off...
  9. Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart: Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-11-slow-to-shutdown-and-restart/ba71a796-5acf-45e1-accc-da6317471ece
  10. Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart

Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart: Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-11-slow-to-shutdown-and-restart/ba71a796-5acf-45e1-accc-da6317471ece