Windows 10: Windows 10 slow to wake up

Discus and support Windows 10 slow to wake up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having a terrible time getting my Windows 10 to wake up. Moving the mouse or hitting any key on the keyboard used to automatically wake up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TimStrawn, Oct 25, 2018.

1. TimStrawn Win User

Windows 10 slow to wake up

I have been having a terrible time getting my Windows 10 to wake up. Moving the mouse or hitting any key on the keyboard used to automatically wake up my system but that's not happening now. Any ideas as to why this all of a sudden started happening and/or any suggestion as to how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance

Tim

:)

TimStrawn, Oct 25, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Oct 25, 2018
  4. Damodoode Win User

Lumia 950 Screen Slow to Wake

Yep Me too

• .189 update on Sunday night
    • 4 pm Monday Slow to wake up
    • Reboot - Fixed the problem
    • 4pm Tuesday - Slow to wake up and brightness dimmed down
    • Reboot - Fixed the problem
    Any one seeing a Pattern here...........

I've tried turning off all background apps. I'm running only essential apps hasn't Helped.

Damodoode, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 slow to wake up - Similar Threads - slow wake

2. Network slow after Windows wakes up 1Gb~ instead of more than 2Gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network slow after Windows wakes up 1Gb~ instead of more than 2Gb: Hello,Since I upgraded my internet WAN connection to 2.5Gb I started noticing an issue with my Network adapter. I am currently running an Intel Ethernet Controller 3 I225-V and when the computer boots up the first time I get the full ISP speed 2.1Gb+, but if I put it to sleep...
  3. Network slow after Windows wakes up 1Gb~ instead of more than 2Gb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network slow after Windows wakes up 1Gb~ instead of more than 2Gb: Hello,Since I upgraded my internet WAN connection to 2.5Gb I started noticing an issue with my Network adapter. I am currently running an Intel Ethernet Controller 3 I225-V and when the computer boots up the first time I get the full ISP speed 2.1Gb+, but if I put it to sleep...
  4. Slow to wake from sleep AND all open apps now closed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow to wake from sleep AND all open apps now closed?: Issue is on a 1 year old ThinkPad with W11 and it take 4 to 5 minutes to wake from sleep, and when I'm able to log back in all of my previously open apps are gone, i.e. closed. For example, when reopening a previously opened app, I get the document recovery option.I've...
  5. Slow to wake from sleep AND all open apps now closed?

Slow to wake from sleep AND all open apps now closed?: Issue is on a 1 year old ThinkPad with W11 and it take 4 to 5 minutes to wake from sleep, and when I'm able to log back in all of my previously open apps are gone, i.e. closed. For example, when reopening a previously opened app, I get the document recovery option.I've...
  6. Slow connecting to Internet on wake from sleep with ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow connecting to Internet on wake from sleep with ethernet connection: This started suddenly about a month ago. My PC is on an Ethernet connection to my router and my ISP is Xfinity. On wake from sleep it takes about 30 seconds to establish an Internet connection. My search for this problem found this issue happening three years ago to Xfinity...
  7. Slow connecting to Internet on wake from sleep with ethernet connection

Slow connecting to Internet on wake from sleep with ethernet connection: This started suddenly about a month ago. My PC is on an Ethernet connection to my router and my ISP is Xfinity. On wake from sleep it takes about 30 seconds to establish an Internet connection. My search for this problem found this issue happening three years ago to Xfinity...
  8. Slow connecting to Internet on wake from sleep with ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Laptop slow to wake up/screen remains black for too long after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop slow to wake up/screen remains black for too long after sleep: Recently my laptop experienced BSOD, but it restarts and then resumes its functions pretty normally. The issue is that if I put it to sleep, and then wake it up, the screen seems to take a while before lighting up. Normally, once I wake it up by opening the lid, the screen...
  10. Laptop slow to wake up/screen remains black for too long after sleep

Laptop slow to wake up/screen remains black for too long after sleep: Recently my laptop experienced BSOD, but it restarts and then resumes its functions pretty normally. The issue is that if I put it to sleep, and then wake it up, the screen seems to take a while before lighting up. Normally, once I wake it up by opening the lid, the screen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 slow to wake up