Windows 10: Windows 10 slowdown after a day or two of uptime

Discus and support Windows 10 slowdown after a day or two of uptime in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I built a PC about a year ago and this has been an issue since making it. I created another PC before without this issue. When I first start my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by deeechun, Apr 9, 2021.

1. deeechun Win User

Windows 10 slowdown after a day or two of uptime

I built a PC about a year ago and this has been an issue since making it. I created another PC before without this issue.

When I first start my computer, everything works smoothly. The most noticeable difference in performance is dragging any application. It performs microstutters after some time. I have two 144hz monitors and it is very noticeable when this happens. Later, it becomes a bigger issue where my clicks sometimes don't register. Please advise as I've been looking into this for over a year

Specs:

Ryzen 5 3600

ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1060 6GB

ADATA 1TB M.2 SSD with 60% free space

G.Skill 32GB DDR4 RAM - two 16 GB sticks sub 40% usage

:)

deeechun, Apr 9, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

uptime

Long periods of uptime for Linux is expected, but what about 600+ days of uptime on a Windows server?

Windows 10 slowdown after a day or two of uptime Windows-603-Days-Uptime.png

Yes, the server is still in use, no it is not connected to the internet. I had to power it down after taking this screenshot to clone a failing hard drive.

newtekie1, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Windows 10 slowdown

Hi Aman,

There are some factors that may cause the computer to slowdown, corrupt Windows system files, is one of the factor that can slow down the computer and cause other problems.

To isolate the issue, we would like to ask some information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 slowdown after a day or two of uptime - Similar Threads - slowdown uptime

2. Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement: Recently my motherboard died and I had to get it replaced. I took it to a repair shop and had it done, but since getting it back it has been running much more slowly, programs that ordinarily start up with Windows don't anymore, and now I can't even play games on it anymore...
  3. Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement: Recently my motherboard died and I had to get it replaced. I took it to a repair shop and had it done, but since getting it back it has been running much more slowly, programs that ordinarily start up with Windows don't anymore, and now I can't even play games on it anymore...
  4. Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Multiple BSODs on one day and severe slowdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs on one day and severe slowdown: Hello!Today it occurred that Win10 22H2, Build 19045.3803 crashed 3 times with a BSOD. I cannot remember the exact stopcode for the first BSOD. The second stopcode was "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR". The third stopcode was "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". I've uploaded the...
  6. Multiple BSODs on one day and severe slowdown

Multiple BSODs on one day and severe slowdown: Hello!Today it occurred that Win10 22H2, Build 19045.3803 crashed 3 times with a BSOD. I cannot remember the exact stopcode for the first BSOD. The second stopcode was "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR". The third stopcode was "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". I've uploaded the...
  7. Multiple BSODs on one day and severe slowdown

8. System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications

System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications: System Slowdown and Unresponsive ApplicationsDear Microsoft Community,I trust this message finds you well. I'm reaching out because I've encountered a perplexing issue with my Windows 10 system, and I'm seeking your expertise to help resolve it.Problem Description: Recently,...
  9. System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications

System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications: System Slowdown and Unresponsive ApplicationsDear Microsoft Community,I trust this message finds you well. I'm reaching out because I've encountered a perplexing issue with my Windows 10 system, and I'm seeking your expertise to help resolve it.Problem Description: Recently,...
  10. System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications

in Windows 10 Gaming