Windows 10: Windows 10 Slowdown Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Slowdown Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. My Notebook, with win 10 Installed, often slow down, and occasionally, it stops responding, that now when I type this message, twice I got halted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hanan_Augustus, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Slowdown Issues

Hi.

My Notebook, with win 10 Installed, often slow down, and occasionally, it stops responding, that now when I type this message, twice I got halted for about 5 mins, waiting for my notebook for a response, before I can resume typing.

Here's my specification, which shouldn't have any real problem when running basic software like a browser for now, or office for example.

Windows 10 64 bit

Intel core i5 Processor

4GB RAM

1TB Harddisk

And here's the troubleshooting I have done already :

Recently fresh recovery, so anything is lost - no need disk cleanup, disk defragment, etc

sfc/scannow - no problem found

chkdsk - no problem found

Check Harddisk with hd sentinel - no problem found

check ram with memtest86 - pass 12 test for 15 hours - no problem found

msconfig - only services related to Intel, Nvidia, Antivirus, bluetooth, and wifi are activated

malwarebytes - no malicious software found

I even brought my notebook to my manufacture 2 weeks ago, they only replace the WIFI cards, and said nothing wrong with another hardware. They also update my recovery files and flash recover from there. It didn't solve anything yet.

For the last 2 months, I had to reinstall my Windows for 5 times already, the last time I reinstall windows is Last week. And it becoming slow again after less than a week

It seems that my laptop can only run smoothly if only Windows 10 installed. But, nobody brought laptop just to see "windows 10"

Is there anything left to do?

Or is it real that some of articles in the internet I read, what Win 10 Spec requirement 2gb of ram etc are just so the laptop can run with windows 10, no any other program at all. So that anybody brought notebook with Windows 10 Installed, either "forced" To upgrade their RAM to 8GB and Harddisk to SSD, otherwise, dump the Win 10, and buy again windows, Win 8/7 ?

:)

Hanan_Augustus, Sep 24, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 slowdown

Hi Aman,

There are some factors that may cause the computer to slowdown, corrupt Windows system files, is one of the factor that can slow down the computer and cause other problems.

To isolate the issue, we would like to ask some information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Slowdown Issues

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Slowdown Issues

1. Windows 10 Slowdown Issues - Similar Threads - Slowdown Issues

2. Slowdown issue in Windows after May 2023 update. Many softwares like Citrix , Spyder, etc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slowdown issue in Windows after May 2023 update. Many softwares like Citrix , Spyder, etc...: Serious system slowdown issue due to windows may 2023 update. Tried system restore but that did not help. Taskbar appears after appears after a long time after starting laptop. Unable to ope windows update. Unable to search for app from start menu. Many of my apps like Citrix...
  3. Slowdown issue in Windows after May 2023 update. Many softwares like Citrix , Spyder, etc...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slowdown issue in Windows after May 2023 update. Many softwares like Citrix , Spyder, etc...: Serious system slowdown issue due to windows may 2023 update. Tried system restore but that did not help. Taskbar appears after appears after a long time after starting laptop. Unable to ope windows update. Unable to search for app from start menu. Many of my apps like Citrix...
  4. Windows 10 multiple hard drive slowdown issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 multiple hard drive slowdown issue: I have 4 hard drives, totally 9tb of space, and my computer thinks it's all 1 drive for some reason. It says it's only using 30% of hard disk space, but it's actually using the entirety of the master drive and causing massive slowdown. I didn't have this problem with windows...
  5. Windows 10 multiple hard drive slowdown issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 multiple hard drive slowdown issue: I have 4 hard drives, totally 9tb of space, and my computer thinks it's all 1 drive for some reason. It says it's only using 30% of hard disk space, but it's actually using the entirety of the master drive and causing massive slowdown. I didn't have this problem with windows...
  6. Windows 10 multiple hard drive slowdown issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Pro slowdown issue by: Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service

Windows 10 Pro slowdown issue by: Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service: Hello Guys and Gals, My computer performance has dropped like a rock. In Task Manager is something using about half cpu and memory and it says the following. Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork -p -s DPS I ran dozens of various...
  8. Storage drive slowdowns + Windows 10 starting issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Storage drive slowdowns + Windows 10 starting issues: Hello everyone! Please help me if you have any ideas/solutions about my 2 issues listed below: Win10 version: 1903 (built: 18362.720) Enterprise (was the same issue at all patches so far) PC build is in the profiles, hopefully you can check that if needed. I use...
  9. slow windows 10 start up, login slowdown, black screen issues, slow programs and lots of...

slow windows 10 start up, login slowdown, black screen issues, slow programs and lots of...: hey so im currently typing this on my phone rn because of the issues ive been having with my computer but basically windows 10 has been giving me lots of slow down on start up and a black screen after the loading hp screen after then the login screen has lots of slowdown and...
  10. Edge slowdown issues

in Browsers and Email
    Edge slowdown issues: In the last few days I have noticed that edge has become very slow to load some pages and completely unresponsive at times to the point I have installed firefox to get around it. Some websites load fine but then, if I try to navigate to a different page it just sits trying to...