Windows 10: Windows 10 slowed down or freezes

Discus and support Windows 10 slowed down or freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; ...I have recently experienced a severe slowdown of Windows 10 since I installed Office 365 almost a year ago. Most of my Office programs (especially... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chief Hutz, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 slowed down or freezes

...I have recently experienced a severe slowdown of Windows 10 since I installed Office 365 almost a year ago. Most of my Office programs (especially Outlook and Word) have slowed down significantly, and periodically freeze. This also appears to cause my PC to freeze as well, and I am forced to Hard Boot my system to get it running again. Also, Microsoft Edge experiences the same issues, slowing down significantly and periodically freezing. I tried multiple times to Reset Windows (at least 10 separate times over the last month) and each time it cannot reset my PC and makes no changes and goes back to it's original configuration. This is really getting frustrating.

:)

Chief Hutz, Apr 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 slow and freezes

Hi,

Corrupted hard drive, too many backgrounds programs, outdated drivers, hardware conflicts, etc. are some of the reasons why a Windows computer is running slow and freezing. To isolate the issue, we'd like to know if you have made any recent changes on your
    device (e.g. installation of a software or program) before the issue started.

In the meantime, we suggest performing a clean boot. Refer to this thread and follow
    the steps given by SpiritX MS MVP to perform a clean boot.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Ronalene Mat, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 slowed down or freezes

Slow operation, crashes and freezing since windows 10

Hi Rakesh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What does it freezing? Is Internet Explorer freezing or computer is freezing?

• As you said that slow operation, what is running slow? Are you not able to open any files/applications?

• Does your PC hangs?
    I suggest you to check the issue in Safe Mode and see if it’s working slowly.

To enter Safe Mode in Windows 10:

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + restart before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode or
      Safe Mode with Networking (depending on whether you think you’ll need the Internet).
    Once you do get into safe mode, be sure to check all of your drivers for issues. To do that, press
    Windows Key + X and click Device Manager, and from that menu, get Windows to check all of your devices for updates. If driver updates are available, install them.

If the issue still persists, I suggest to restore the power plans to default.

To do so:

• Open Power options
      and go to advanced power settings.

• Select
      restore power plans defaults
      and then restart the computer and check if it helps.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 slowed down or freezes

1. Windows 10 slowed down or freezes - Similar Threads - slowed down freezes

2. All Internet browser slows down and freezing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Internet browser slows down and freezing in windows 11: When I open all browser that I have ie: chrome , edge. All are taking a lot of time in opening with white screen and when they are freezing. When I try to type in the search box typing is lagging and also page is lagging.. But there is no problem in other apps and system...
  3. Issue with Pc slowing down and near freezing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issue with Pc slowing down and near freezing: Hello everyone, and first of all thanks for any suggestion you'll be able to give me (and sorry for my bad english too!). It's about a week that my pc suddenly became slower: internet, mail, games, but also excell or world, no matter the progs i try to use, it takes ages to...
  4. Issue with Pc slowing down and near freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with Pc slowing down and near freezing: Hello everyone, and first of all thanks for any suggestion you'll be able to give me (and sorry for my bad english too!). It's about a week that my pc suddenly became slower: internet, mail, games, but also excell or world, no matter the progs i try to use, it takes ages to...
  5. Google Docs Offline Chrome Extension slows down and freezes Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Docs Offline Chrome Extension slows down and freezes Windows 10?: I just got this laptop about a month ago and lately a weird bug has been happening where Chrome will stop loading pages entirely. In that I can try to load a website like Youtube, but it'll just...load forever and never get there. And then, after a while, the whole laptop...
  6. Windows starts up then slows down to a freeze

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows starts up then slows down to a freeze: Ok so I had to factory reset my computer since it wasn't starting up correctly. Worked fine for a day but now its like the title says. Trying to use any apps in normal windows isnt gonna happen because it just freezes before they can start up. Im out of things to try, so I'm...
  7. Windows Slow and slow down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Slow and slow down: Whats going on in Win 10. The past 2-3 weeks have seen win 10 go from smooth and fast to slow and slow. This forum took 77-78 seconds to open from clicking on shortcut to screen. I have games staggering all over the place like drunken graphics. On occasion sites do not even...
  8. Windows 10 slowing down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 slowing down: Despite using an anti-virus my desktop is slowing down. Processing is consuming alot of time. How to revamp my system so the system becomees faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slowing-down/e932c154-b193-45f5-8c78-fd2f74e9786e"
  9. Windows 10 slowing down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slowing down: Microsoft appears to be aware of the issues. Why doesn't MS provide a troubleshooter which fixes the issues with slowing down of computers with Windows 10 and other versions of Windows. I have 8 GB of RAM and a i7 7500U CPU and have never seen RAM or CPU 100% utilized....
  10. Windows 10 occasionally freezes / Slow shut down.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 occasionally freezes / Slow shut down.: *Smile Hi all. Recently I have noticed one or two problems (niggles), crop up. 1. Windows 10 occasionally freezes for no apparent reason that I can see. 2. Start up appears slightly longer on the start. 3. Shutdown / Restart, noticeably slower. I have run full virus...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vega 64 is slowing down windows?

2. computer slowed down and freezes