Windows 10: Windows 10 slowing down my PCs

Discus and support Windows 10 slowing down my PCs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 took 45 minutes for my hard drive light to stop coming on and accessing my hard drive, I couldn't use my PC until it finished what it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by spannnernick, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Windows 10 slowing down my PCs

Windows 10 took 45 minutes for my hard drive light to stop coming on and accessing my hard drive, I couldn't use my PC until it finished what it was doing.
    I don't use Windows 10 anymore, I had to go back to Windows 8.1 because it faster,the updates Windows 10 was getting was like slowing my PC down,the updates are optimized for newer PCs, my PC is a Pentium G2020 and I have 8 GB ram(DDR3) but I have 3 PCs and have Windows 10 on the other two but don't use them as my main PCs and they do the same, with one of them, when I switch it off at night I have to get it to sleep because if I let it do a normal boot it takes ages for it to startup everything.
    Another thing I noticed was the Task Manager kept restarting or closing by itself.

I am glad I moved back to Windows 8.1,it takes about 30 seconds to 1 minute to boot up from cold now and not 45 minutes and its a lot faster than Windows 10.

Windows 10 has to much bells and whistles in it now and its slowing older PCs down, Windows 10 should be optimized for older PCs, we don't all have money to buy a new PC and we shouldn't need to.

I have not decided if I am going to move the other two PCs I have to Windows 8.1 yet.

:)

spannnernick, Apr 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 30, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    PC slow and not responding

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you to run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter to check and see why your PC is running slow and unresponsive. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting. If you cant find the option, click View By and select Large Icons.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

You may also check on the article below for tips on how to improve your Windows 10 PC.

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Apr 30, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

Windows 10 slowing down my PCs

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 slowing down my PCs

1. Windows 10 slowing down my PCs - Similar Threads - slowing down PCs

2. My Windows 10 Desktop Suddenly Slowed Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 10 Desktop Suddenly Slowed Down: Hello,My computer basically slowed down overnight!It was perfectly fine and now it's slow on boot up AND when opening applications.B450 Motherboard, 32GB RAM, Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB, Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.9GHz 12-CoreMy boot drive is a 480GB SSD 2TB HDD...
  3. My Windows 10 Desktop Suddenly Slowed Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows 10 Desktop Suddenly Slowed Down: Hello,My computer basically slowed down overnight!It was perfectly fine and now it's slow on boot up AND when opening applications.B450 Motherboard, 32GB RAM, Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB, Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.9GHz 12-CoreMy boot drive is a 480GB SSD 2TB HDD...
  4. Windows 11 File Explorer may slow down PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 File Explorer may slow down PCs: Windows 11, which has been released by Microsoft earlier this month, has a number of known issues that affect the performance of certain systems. One major issue affects AMD processors, which may see a performance drop by up to 15% on Microsoft's newest operating system. The...
  5. Windows 10 slows down my Home wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 slows down my Home wifi: Last one year I am working from home with my Work Laptop - Windows 10 with out any issues.Last Friday - afternoon all of sudden - my wifi connection become slow. My wife working in another computer also faced the wifi speed issue at the same time. Reported to my Internet...
  6. 2 PCs, one slowing down internet of other !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 PCs, one slowing down internet of other !: This is ultra strange. I have 2 PCs. For the last 3 months I have been having issues where just one of the PCs internet would slow down from the usual 60mbps to 20mbps or less (only on single thread, multi-thread was fine). Normally the first 2 minutes of the computer being...
  7. Windows Slow and slow down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Slow and slow down: Whats going on in Win 10. The past 2-3 weeks have seen win 10 go from smooth and fast to slow and slow. This forum took 77-78 seconds to open from clicking on shortcut to screen. I have games staggering all over the place like drunken graphics. On occasion sites do not even...
  8. Windows 10 slowing down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 slowing down: Despite using an anti-virus my desktop is slowing down. Processing is consuming alot of time. How to revamp my system so the system becomees faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slowing-down/e932c154-b193-45f5-8c78-fd2f74e9786e"
  9. Windows 10 slowing down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slowing down: Microsoft appears to be aware of the issues. Why doesn't MS provide a troubleshooter which fixes the issues with slowing down of computers with Windows 10 and other versions of Windows. I have 8 GB of RAM and a i7 7500U CPU and have never seen RAM or CPU 100% utilized....
  10. Google claims to have a Spectre fix that doesn’t slow down PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Google claims to have a Spectre fix that doesn’t slow down PCs: But according to Google, it is still possible to have the best of both worlds. Google’s own fix for Variant 2 of the Spectre CPU attacks, considered to be the hardest to patch without impacting performance, uses software patches, rather than disabling the affected CPU...