Windows 10: Windows 10 slowing down

Discus and support Windows 10 slowing down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Microsoft appears to be aware of the issues. Why doesn't MS provide a troubleshooter which fixes the issues with slowing down of computers with Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bron Skiba, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Windows 10 slowing down

Microsoft appears to be aware of the issues. Why doesn't MS provide a troubleshooter which fixes the issues with slowing down of computers with Windows 10 and other versions of Windows.

I have 8 GB of RAM and a i7 7500U CPU and have never seen RAM or CPU 100% utilized.

Every time I buy a computer with the latest CPU and operate windows software it eventually slows down. The last purchase slowed down in less than one year.

Reinstalling Windows is a temporary fix as the problem eventually returns. Furthermore reinstalling Windows is extremely time consuming and inconvenient as apps have to be reinstalled too.

:)

Bron Skiba, Jul 22, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 slowing down

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 slowing down

1. Windows 10 slowing down - Similar Threads - slowing down

2. Fed up with Windows slowing my PC down can anyone please recommend any other OS system that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fed up with Windows slowing my PC down can anyone please recommend any other OS system that...: Windows 10 Fixing Microsoft's Problems Please don't respond by giving me a solution to speed up Windows been there done that Really trying to find another OS to replace Windows...
  3. Fed up with Windows slowing my PC down can anyone please recommend any other OS system that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fed up with Windows slowing my PC down can anyone please recommend any other OS system that...: Windows 10 Fixing Microsoft's Problems Please don't respond by giving me a solution to speed up Windows been there done that Really trying to find another OS to replace Windows...
  4. Fed up with Windows slowing my PC down can anyone please recommend any other OS system that...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Intermittent Slow Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Intermittent Slow Down: My windows 10 laptop often runs slowly for a few minutes and fast for a few minutes and it just repeats. I looked in task manager and saw that when it was slow the CPU utilisation was less than 15%. When it was fast it remained at around 30%-70%. It also made a lot of...
  6. Windows 10 Intermittent Slow Down

Windows 10 Intermittent Slow Down: My windows 10 laptop often runs slowly for a few minutes and fast for a few minutes and it just repeats. I looked in task manager and saw that when it was slow the CPU utilisation was less than 15%. When it was fast it remained at around 30%-70%. It also made a lot of...
  7. Windows 10 Intermittent Slow Down

8. Too many failed Windows update slowing down my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many failed Windows update slowing down my computer: Since last year, I have been experiencing too many failed Windows Service updates. It is slowing down my computer and I can not stop it. Even my Avast anti virus has stopped working.Please help me solve this. Thank you...
  9. Too many failed Windows update slowing down my computer

Too many failed Windows update slowing down my computer: Since last year, I have been experiencing too many failed Windows Service updates. It is slowing down my computer and I can not stop it. Even my Avast anti virus has stopped working.Please help me solve this. Thank you...
  10. Too many failed Windows update slowing down my computer