Windows 10: Windows 10 slowing for no apparent reason on a relatively high spec system

Discus and support Windows 10 slowing for no apparent reason on a relatively high spec system in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to troubleshoot a windows 10 computer that slows down over a period of several days for no apparent reason. It's an intel i7, 32GB of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TimOBrien3, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 slowing for no apparent reason on a relatively high spec system

Hello, I'm trying to troubleshoot a windows 10 computer that slows down over a period of several days for no apparent reason. It's an intel i7, 32GB of RAM, 1TB NVMe SSD, Radeon 5600.

When I look at task manager, CPU usage is low just a few percent. Disk is 0 to 1% throughput with tons of space available. Network and video are similar, hovering 0-1%. It's a relatively new setup 2 months old, up to date drivers which havent helped , current AV Avast business pro, and not much loaded in the way of software. It's aggravating how a system with these specs can slow to where there's a significant delay simply typing on a word document.

A reboot regains speed, which is gradually lost over time, with no real indication why.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim

:)

TimOBrien3, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 11, 2020
  4. Jborg Win User

Windows 10 slowing for no apparent reason on a relatively high spec system

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 slowing for no apparent reason on a relatively high spec system

1. Windows 10 slowing for no apparent reason on a relatively high spec system - Similar Threads - slowing apparent reason

2. Hard Drives becomes very slow for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drives becomes very slow for no apparent reason: I am going to start by saying I tried everything I could find on this online. But basically here is what happens:1. Computer works fine2. I can use the HDD that has issues generally for a while copy files to and from, etc. Work pretty fast3. Out of the blue during file...
  3. SYSTEM USING 100% DISK; FOR NO APPARENT REASON

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYSTEM USING 100% DISK; FOR NO APPARENT REASON: Ever since a while ago, whenever I open task manager, it shows that System is using 100% of my disk!! I thought this odd, and looked online for different solutions. All of which, didn't seem to solve my problemIMPORTANT THINGS; So, the problem seems to occur AFTER I startup...
  4. SYSTEM USING 100% DISK; FOR NO APPARENT REASON

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM USING 100% DISK; FOR NO APPARENT REASON: Ever since a while ago, whenever I open task manager, it shows that System is using 100% of my disk!! I thought this odd, and looked online for different solutions. All of which, didn't seem to solve my problemIMPORTANT THINGS; So, the problem seems to occur AFTER I startup...
  5. SYSTEM USING 100% DISK; FOR NO APPARENT REASON

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 10 "system" keeps running high power until PC is rebooted for no apparent reason

Windows 10 "system" keeps running high power until PC is rebooted for no apparent reason: Since I updated Windows 10 in June/July I have noticed that in task manager the system process creeps up in power and CPU usage levels. I normally leave my PC running 24 hrs a day and it becomes an issue when it hist 25% of CPU as my CPU fan then switches to high cooling...
  7. High CPU usage on all programs for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High CPU usage on all programs for no apparent reason: Hello, I have two PCs, one at home and one at my university. Recently I used my home PC SSD and HDD and put them in my university PC. The two PCs have separate hardware, and everything worked fine on my university PC after I installed the proper drivers. However, when I put...
  8. Frequent System freeze for no apparent reasons

Frequent System freeze for no apparent reasons: Hello all, I am running insane! My old custom build PC has become completely unreliable, and very often freezes when left idle for a while. This has never happened, but now it is frequent... I have checked the RAM sticks, and changed two that were possibly damaged. But the...
  9. Computer randomly running slow for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer randomly running slow for no apparent reason: Hi all, so last night i got home and wanted to use my laptop to play league of legends, but then i saw that it was running extremely slow and lagging, almost impossible to navigate the client, anyway im no computer wiz and im struggling to find the answer, i have this...
  10. Computer randomly running slow for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer randomly running slow for no apparent reason: Hi all, so last night i got home and wanted to use my laptop to play league of legends, but then i saw that it was running extremely slow and lagging, almost impossible to navigate the client, anyway im no computer wiz and im struggling to find the answer, i have this...