Windows 10: Windows 10 slowness - wake up after sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 slowness - wake up after sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; More than a year ago, I updated Windows 7 to Windows 10 on Toshiba Satellite L750. Laptop has 4 GB RAM, .5T HDD. Few latest Windows 10 updates made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AldoWski, Apr 13, 2020.

1. AldoWski Win User

Windows 10 slowness - wake up after sleep

More than a year ago, I updated Windows 7 to Windows 10 on Toshiba Satellite L750.

Laptop has 4 GB RAM, .5T HDD.

Few latest Windows 10 updates made the laptop almost unusable wake up after sleep more than 10 minutes. Two days ago I downloaded and installed latest feature update, expecting better response. Unfortunately, response looks worse than ever.

In order to resolve the issue, I installed Windows Performance Recorder and Analyzer ~128MB. I did run it as for general check, got almost 15 GB file. Unusable. Then I run it Recorder, of course as boot check, it was okay, I found some Input delay, msgcheck delay, explorer.exe, input delay, searchui.exe cortana UI, msgcheck delay, startmenuexperience, logon msgcheck.

HDD working ~100% all 10+ minutes during wake up from sleep.

pagefile.sys was not fixed number before, now it is 4GB last ~10 days, no change.

Fast startup, I checked both checked / unchecked, no difference.

All drivers are "your driver is up to date", so, nothing to be done there.

First, have to say, this is unacceptable. Far from being professional. Microsoft Windows 10 is getting worse and worse. I am getting an image of teams working on it windows upgrades / updates and testing the system having 64GB RAM laptops, with octacore processors and quadrillions operations per second. Searching the microsoft.com, found enormous number of users having the same / similar issue with wake up after sleep at Windows 10. Answers like "check drivers" are obvious attempt to redirect problem to hardware company, which users are doing, with no success or success is very limited.

I am using MS since DOS 3.1. Yes. Again: DOS 3.1. Decades ago. I remembered that the only MS OS with no subversion was DOS 5.0. There was no 5.1. Also, there was example of buggy version 6, with many subversions, 6.22 was okay as I remember.

Then Windows.

3.1. And then: 3.11 for Workgroups.

Now. Windows 10.

What would be correct from Micsrosoft?

To create better optimization tool. Portable one no installation needed. The tool would check all steps / phases during system booting, then providing list of all applications being started, being in RAM, being aggressive to the CPU, with exact numbers about everything.

But, before the powerful tool will be created, I would like to get exact response from Microsoft: what can be done to get Windows 10, with latest feature update, running without 10+ minutes delay, after sleep mode?

Please, exact answer. Thank you.

:)

AldoWski, Apr 13, 2020

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Windows 10 slowness - wake up after sleep

PC Slow to Wake from Sleep

Before we proceed, we would like to know if this is the first time that you encountered this concern? As per the result that we got, it shows that there is an insufficient RAM/memory which is the reason why the computer is slow when waking up from a sleep.
    We suggest that you increase the RAM/memory of the computer or contact the computer's manufacturer to ask any suggestions on how to improve it's performance.

Regards.

Desiree Yau, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 slowness - wake up after sleep

1. Windows 10 slowness - wake up after sleep - Similar Threads - slowness wake sleep

2. external display slow to wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    external display slow to wake up after sleep: I use windows10, 64 bits last version. After a windows update my Dell laptop had the following problem: the external display does not wake up instantly as the laptop display does. The longer the sleep, the longer it takes to wake up. A windows technician repaired this...
  3. external display slow to wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    external display slow to wake up after sleep: I use windows10, 64 bits last version. After a windows update my Dell laptop had the following problem: the external display does not wake up instantly as the laptop display does. The longer the sleep, the longer it takes to wake up. A windows technician repaired this...
  4. Windows 10 slowness - wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 slowness - wake up after sleep: Asking this question again. As I saw many users have this problem. More than a year ago, I updated Windows 7 to Windows 10 on Toshiba Satellite L750. Laptop has 4 GB RAM, .5T HDD. Few latest Windows 10 updates made the laptop almost unusable wake up after sleep more...
  5. waking up from sleep too slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    waking up from sleep too slow: so i have this **** laptop running an HDD of 5400 rpm, 12 gigs of ram, and a core i3. i use it as my daily driver, and waking it up from sleep takes 2-3 seconds, is there any way for the time to get minimized to just a couple miliseconds of delay from opening my laptop lid?...
  6. waking up after sleep mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    waking up after sleep mode: my computer takes forever, 5 mins or so to wake up after it has been in sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-after-sleep-mode/dbb31876-ca52-496b-b682-f1ed2412533a"
  7. Windows 10 slow to wake up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slow to wake up: I have been having a terrible time getting my Windows 10 to wake up. Moving the mouse or hitting any key on the keyboard used to automatically wake up my system but that's not happening now. Any ideas as to why this all of a sudden started happening and/or any suggestion as...
  8. No password after sleep wake up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No password after sleep wake up: hello what im after is a way to start the computer when its in sleep mode in windows 10 when im not at home so i can use a remote to assess the computer but im getting stuck when restarting asking for a password. im using task scheduler to create task to start with no problem...
  9. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...
  10. Windows 10 does not wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 does not wake up after sleep: Hello, i have a problem with my Win10 system 1607 Ver When the system goes sleep, my keyboard and mouse got disabled but the power lights still works, so i need to push the restart or shutdown button to restart the system to make the wake up. How can i make that the...