Windows 10: Windows 10 slows down an obscene amount or entirely freezes when using Minecraft and...

Discus and support Windows 10 slows down an obscene amount or entirely freezes when using Minecraft and... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Recently I've had a very annoying issue where my computer (windows 10) lags an absolutely insane amount (1 fps-2 fps) or entirely freezes when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Band Master, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 slows down an obscene amount or entirely freezes when using Minecraft and...

Hi,

Recently I've had a very annoying issue where my computer (windows 10) lags an absolutely insane amount (1 fps-2 fps) or entirely freezes when trying to use Minecraft and Windows Game Bar, or Minecraft and Google Chrome. If it freezes entirely, I have to restart my computer and usually I lose my some of my save data in game Windows 10 slows down an obscene amount or entirely freezes when using Minecraft and... :mad:. Nothing seemed to trigger this, I have 5 GB out of 16 allocated to Minecraft (had it like this for a couple months now), I have the latest java version, my latest display drivers and latest windows update. Nothing worked.I tried to record something in game today using Game Bar and my computer froze and I had to restart. Task Manager doesn't seem to be giving off red flags, but that's maybe because I can't see what happened right after the freeze because it shows the moments right before the freeze.

SPECS:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU: XFX AMD Radeon RX 570 8 GB

Motherboard: ASRock B450 ITX

RAM: 16GB DDR4

SSD: Intel 660p 256GB

This is a really annoying issue, if someone could respond soon that would be great.

Thanks!

Also, forgot to mention that this is on Java Edition and that it doesn't always happen. It seems to happen that the worst times though Windows 10 slows down an obscene amount or entirely freezes when using Minecraft and... :mad:

:)

Band Master, Aug 10, 2019

2. Minecraft slow FPS after Windows 10 upgrade

Thank you Ashish for responding. Method 1 found some corrupt files, some of which were unable to be repaired. The log file is huge (~ 9 MB). This may end up being a bigger problem than just Minecraft running slow... Any suggestions on next steps?

Epistemocrat, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for Windows

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 slows down an obscene amount or entirely freezes when using Minecraft and...

Windows 10 slow and freezes

Hi,

Corrupted hard drive, too many backgrounds programs, outdated drivers, hardware conflicts, etc. are some of the reasons why a Windows computer is running slow and freezing. To isolate the issue, we'd like to know if you have made any recent changes on your
    device (e.g. installation of a software or program) before the issue started.

In the meantime, we suggest performing a clean boot. Refer to this thread and follow
    the steps given by SpiritX MS MVP to perform a clean boot.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Ronalene Mat, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 slows down an obscene amount or entirely freezes when using Minecraft and...

1. Windows 10 slows down an obscene amount or entirely freezes when using Minecraft and... - Similar Threads - slows down obscene

2. shutting down windows sandbox freezes the entire pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shutting down windows sandbox freezes the entire pc: Hey all! So recently I've been trying out some things in windows sandbox to see if something I'm working on is working correctly. The problem is after I shut down windows sandbox using the system shut down button inside the sandbox it freezes my pc shortly after with nothing...
  3. shutting down windows sandbox freezes the entire pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shutting down windows sandbox freezes the entire pc: Hey all! So recently I've been trying out some things in windows sandbox to see if something I'm working on is working correctly. The problem is after I shut down windows sandbox using the system shut down button inside the sandbox it freezes my pc shortly after with nothing...
  4. Speedtest slows down my entire pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speedtest slows down my entire pc: when i run speedtest through the browser and the app,my entire pc slow down and my mouse pointer moves very slowand when i run speedtest while running any other app that has sound ,the sound glitches/stutters .why?my pc specs:i7 4600Ugpu :nvidia gefore GT 720m8gb ram500gb hdd...
  5. Speedtest slows down my entire pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speedtest slows down my entire pc: when i run speedtest through the browser and the app,my entire pc slow down and my mouse pointer moves very slowand when i run speedtest while running any other app that has sound ,the sound glitches/stutters .why?my pc specs:i7 4600Ugpu :nvidia gefore GT 720m8gb ram500gb hdd...
  6. Speedtest slows down my entire pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Xbox App Slows Down Entire PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App Slows Down Entire PC: So I've been using Game Pass on Windows 10, and I've had to use the Xbox app. Whenever I am downloading something from the Xbox app, everything on my computer slows to a crawl. Web browser, other game launchers, even the Xbox app itself is affected. Is there a solution to...
  8. laptop slows down and freezes when its charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop slows down and freezes when its charging: I have a HP stream laptop Windows 10. Whenever I plug it in to charge if I use it while its charging it begins to slow down and freeze. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-slows-down-and-freezes-when-its-charging/a4ae6e32-3a85-4f53-8a18-89b6f6d6faff
  9. Windows 10 slowed down or freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slowed down or freezes: ...I have recently experienced a severe slowdown of Windows 10 since I installed Office 365 almost a year ago. Most of my Office programs (especially Outlook and Word) have slowed down significantly, and periodically freeze. This also appears to cause my PC to freeze as...
  10. Network copying slows down entire system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network copying slows down entire system: Been trying to copy 50gb from my synology to a USB hd disk. This causes the entire system to not respond well.. If I hit the pause button on the copy window everything works again perfectly. So I tested to a local Hard Drive.. Same copy movement. No issues then. So the...