Windows 10: Windows 10 slows down my Home wifi

Discus and support Windows 10 slows down my Home wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Last one year I am working from home with my Work Laptop - Windows 10 with out any issues.Last Friday - afternoon all of sudden - my wifi connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BinuA, May 2, 2021.

1. BinuA Win User

Windows 10 slows down my Home wifi

Last one year I am working from home with my Work Laptop - Windows 10 with out any issues.Last Friday - afternoon all of sudden - my wifi connection become slow. My wife working in another computer also faced the wifi speed issue at the same time. Reported to my Internet provider, and Engineer identified problem is with my Work Laptop.If my Laptop is not connected - WIFI speed is around 40 MBPS, as soon as my Laptop is connected to the WIFI, WIFI speed of all devices connected of my Home wifi - dropped to 1MPS or even less. Once I shutdown my computerin all other devices the WIFI speed go

:)

BinuA, May 2, 2021

2. Wifi very slow on laptop, but ok on other devices - Windows 10

Hi Annu

I've had the same problem as Panayiotis1984. Upgraded to Windows 10 on my Lenovo from windows 8.1 - now the wifi is painfully slow. The wifi still works fine on my other devices (smartphone etc).

I tried the steps that you suggested but they did not bring an improvement.

Any other suggestions?

Michael

MichaelCNZ, May 2, 2021
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Wifi Very Slow

Hi,

The following are some reasons that may cause of the slow WiFi connection.

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

To isolate the concern, have you checked if the issue persists with other devices? For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    article.

Marby Rey, May 2, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 slows down my Home wifi - Similar Threads - slows down Home

2. Windows 10 Wifi Interrupting and Slowing down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Wifi Interrupting and Slowing down.: I installed a new hard drive for my pc and installed windows 10 on it and now my wifi is unbearably slow and I can’t download or upload anything. It says my upload speed is 397 mbps and my download speed is 392 mbps which is fast but all my downloads go for a little while and...
  3. Windows 10 Wifi Interrupting and Slowing down.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Wifi Interrupting and Slowing down.: I installed a new hard drive for my pc and installed windows 10 on it and now my wifi is unbearably slow and I can’t download or upload anything. It says my upload speed is 397 mbps and my download speed is 392 mbps which is fast but all my downloads go for a little while and...
  4. Windows 10 Wifi Interrupting and Slowing down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wifi slows down randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi slows down randomly: This has been going on for quite some time now but recently it’s gotten worse. What happens is my download speed will randomly drop to 2-20 mbps sometimes even less than a megabit and stay there. The thing is though is once I go to network adapters and disable the Wi-Fi...
  6. Wifi Randomly Slows Down

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Randomly Slows Down: I have full bars and yet every once in a while my wifi slows down for hours at a time. One minute I'm streaming games then suddenly I can't even pull up my email without having to wait 2 minutes forTEXT to load. I have Windows 10 64-bit. That's all I know. I know nothing...
  7. Wifi slow down after Windows 10 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wifi slow down after Windows 10 upgrade.: Hello! I have an old Dell Inspiron 15 laptop that I just now upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Ever since I did that the wifi speed seems to be going down. It's a pretty significant difference, the movies and yt videos start buffering every couple minutes/seconds and it...
  8. Windows 10 wifi slows down until reboot

Windows 10 wifi slows down until reboot: Hello i have noticed a problem with my Lenovo Legion laptop After a while the internet connection completely slows down to the point it is pretty unusable, however a simple reboot fixes he issue until of course it slows again over time. i've tried lots of things to rectify...
  9. Windows 10 wifi slows down until reboot

Windows 10 wifi slows down until reboot: Hello i have noticed a problem with my Lenovo Legion laptop After a while the internet connection completely slows down to the point it is pretty unusable, however a simple reboot fixes he issue until of course it slows again over time. i've tried lots of things to rectify...
  10. Why My WiFi Connection Slowing Down?!

Why My WiFi Connection Slowing Down?!: My Windows 10 Is great Before This Issue, My Connection Is 10 Mbps On Router And My Windows 10 Can Use Full Internet Speed,But Now My Windows 10 Cant Use Full Internet It Just Use 3-4 Mbps Of My Internet Speed Sometime It Can't Use any Internet Just Like 350-778Kbps How Is...