Windows 10: Windows 10 slows until it freezes.

Discus and support Windows 10 slows until it freezes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Lately I've been having serious processing problem with my computer. My computer will be lightning fast for awhile, but then it will slow down to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Brandon wirth, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Windows 10 slows until it freezes.

Lately I've been having serious processing problem with my computer. My computer will be lightning fast for awhile, but then it will slow down to programs taking 10 minutes to load when 5 minutes ago it would take less than 10 seconds. I've noticed that this will typically happen any time I'm watching a YouTube video. It will be doing just fine, then suddenly the video cuts out, starts to buffer, then when I try to refresh the page, it takes 10 minutes to load, and any other program I try to run outside of chrome does the same thing. Its either not responding, or takes 10 minutes to load something that should take 5 seconds. It is so laggy, that I cant even click the start menu. If it let's me click the start menu, it will take 10 minutes to open, then I click on power, it will take 10 minutes to ask "shut down/restart", and then 10 minutes for it to recognize that I clicked on anything. It shouldn't take me 45 minutes just to power my computer down. Lately I've been having to manually turn it off, and I have to do that almost every time now, and when I do, it tries scanning and repairing the C drive on its next startup. I tried resetting to factory default settings, but every time I try that, it says "unable to reset PC, no changes were made". I ran a malwarebytes scan, it found maybe 25 things like PUPs that i deleted all of, ran another scan, and that came up clean. Ran into slow down freezes again, so I downloaded a cracked McAfee antivirus, ran a scan, that came up dry. Now I think I've completely broken my computer, by having to manually turn it off each time it freezes, now I'm having startup issues with a black screen, and endless loading with the dots running in circles. If I get to the login screen, its followed by a black screen with no programs or start menu, but I can move my mouse. How did my computer go from being perfectly lightning fast to completely frozen in just one week???

:)

Brandon wirth, Jan 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 slow and freezes

Hi,

Corrupted hard drive, too many backgrounds programs, outdated drivers, hardware conflicts, etc. are some of the reasons why a Windows computer is running slow and freezing. To isolate the issue, we'd like to know if you have made any recent changes on your
    device (e.g. installation of a software or program) before the issue started.

In the meantime, we suggest performing a clean boot. Refer to this thread and follow
    the steps given by SpiritX MS MVP to perform a clean boot.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Ronalene Mat, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Windows 10 slows until it freezes.

Slow operation, crashes and freezing since windows 10

Hi Rakesh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What does it freezing? Is Internet Explorer freezing or computer is freezing?

• As you said that slow operation, what is running slow? Are you not able to open any files/applications?

• Does your PC hangs?
    I suggest you to check the issue in Safe Mode and see if it’s working slowly.

To enter Safe Mode in Windows 10:

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + restart before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode or
      Safe Mode with Networking (depending on whether you think you’ll need the Internet).
    Once you do get into safe mode, be sure to check all of your drivers for issues. To do that, press
    Windows Key + X and click Device Manager, and from that menu, get Windows to check all of your devices for updates. If driver updates are available, install them.

If the issue still persists, I suggest to restore the power plans to default.

To do so:

• Open Power options
      and go to advanced power settings.

• Select
      restore power plans defaults
      and then restart the computer and check if it helps.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 slows until it freezes.

1. Windows 10 slows until it freezes. - Similar Threads - slows until freezes

2. Windows 10 Slow Freeze until necessity of Hard Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Slow Freeze until necessity of Hard Reboot: similar issue to this post. infact ist exactly the same deal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slow-freeze-until-necessity-of-hard/7f9716fd-5601-4700-b987-77a7e6086b57Asus B550i Strix 5700x32GB coarsair ram no xmp because i thought that was...
  3. Windows 10 Slow Freeze until necessity of Hard Reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Slow Freeze until necessity of Hard Reboot: similar issue to this post. infact ist exactly the same deal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slow-freeze-until-necessity-of-hard/7f9716fd-5601-4700-b987-77a7e6086b57Asus B550i Strix 5700x32GB coarsair ram no xmp because i thought that was...
  4. Windows 10 Slow Freeze until necessity of Hard Reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Slow Freeze until necessity of Hard Reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Slow Freeze until necessity of Hard Reboot: Hi,I recently built a new system but have been having a problem with the windows 10 operating system. What essentially keeps happening is that the operating system slowly begins to freeze up while it is in use. The typical first indication of this occurring is that the system...
  6. freezing Buzzing until restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    freezing Buzzing until restart: game or video will freeze for a bit like a few hours in then buzzing with freezes at random this has been happening for a while now i have an up to date Nvidia GTX 1660 these are the errors that i have noticed in the Reliability monitor usually i get the 144 error first but...
  7. Windows 10 wifi slows down until reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 wifi slows down until reboot: Hello i have noticed a problem with my Lenovo Legion laptop After a while the internet connection completely slows down to the point it is pretty unusable, however a simple reboot fixes he issue until of course it slows again over time. i've tried lots of things to rectify...
  8. Windows 10 wifi slows down until reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 wifi slows down until reboot: Hello i have noticed a problem with my Lenovo Legion laptop After a while the internet connection completely slows down to the point it is pretty unusable, however a simple reboot fixes he issue until of course it slows again over time. i've tried lots of things to rectify...
  9. Windows 10 slowed down or freezes

Windows 10 slowed down or freezes: ...I have recently experienced a severe slowdown of Windows 10 since I installed Office 365 almost a year ago. Most of my Office programs (especially Outlook and Word) have slowed down significantly, and periodically freeze. This also appears to cause my PC to freeze as...
  10. Windows 10 slow and freezing up

Windows 10 slow and freezing up: Why is Windows 10 freezing up and running abnormally slow recently https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-slow-and-freezing-up/4dab0f57-4c8e-4020-a301-0b14af468ff5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows slow and freezing