Windows 10: Windows 10 Sluggish after Clean install - System Resource Use Low

Discus and support Windows 10 Sluggish after Clean install - System Resource Use Low in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dell XPS15 Laptop IntelR CoreTM i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz 16.0 GB RAM 480GB NVME nvidia GEForce GTX 960M OS: 19042.685 Feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Default_user1201, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Sluggish after Clean install - System Resource Use Low

Dell XPS15 Laptop

IntelR CoreTM i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz
    16.0 GB RAM

480GB NVME

nvidia GEForce GTX 960M

Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

About 2 months ago I did a clean install since it had been a while and I had installed and uninstalled many apps. I do it out of habit too every other year or so.

Over the past 2-4 weeks it has gotten VERY sluggish. Especially all browsers and in some apps like MAIL. Weird thing is the performance monitor is barely showing any activity. CPU doesn't usually break 50%. Memory is around 45. And Disk doesn't fluctuate much at all but there is definite sluggishness and a lack of the snappy response it used to have. Even bringing up a File explorer window takes like 3-4 seconds and then it draws in contents slowly.

I tried everything I could find: Registry clean, driver updates I THINK I have all of the major updated ones?, change system settings to "for performance", Uninstalled all unnecessary apps, make sure page file was set properly, disk defrag nothing found... anything an online search could help me with but nothing worked.

I got tired of chasing the gremlin around so I did ANOTHER recovery 2 days ago and this time did a full wipe of the hard drive with the standard windows recovery utility. Installed drivers and only did web browsing I use mostly Edge but it's STILL sluggish.

Is there a setting I'm missing? A driver I failed to update or reinstall? Is my NVME tired? Was there a windows update that's causing this?

Any help would be great!

:)

Default_user1201, Jan 13, 2021

2. System running low on resources

My system i showing low on resources after removing password from administrator account. I am trying to reboot it, but nothing works. Please suggest me what to do

prakashjha1, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Sluggish after Clean install - System Resource Use Low

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Sluggish after Clean install - System Resource Use Low

1. Windows 10 Sluggish after Clean install - System Resource Use Low - Similar Threads - Sluggish Clean install

2. Extremely low performance in Valorant after Windows clean-install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely low performance in Valorant after Windows clean-install: Hello.Valorant used to run quite well on my PC before the clean-install. I would get 50-70 FPS With experimental sharpening ON. However, after clean install, the FPS has dropped significantly. I now can't get anything above 40 FPS With experimental sharpening OFF. I am using...
  3. Extremely low performance in Valorant after Windows clean-install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extremely low performance in Valorant after Windows clean-install: Hello.Valorant used to run quite well on my PC before the clean-install. I would get 50-70 FPS With experimental sharpening ON. However, after clean install, the FPS has dropped significantly. I now can't get anything above 40 FPS With experimental sharpening OFF. I am using...
  4. Low system resources when using Zoom

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low system resources when using Zoom: Hi - I've been through the other threads on this, but none of the solutions worked. Any new ideas to stop this happening? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-system-resources-when-using-zoom/ff5b16b4-f64a-4ef8-8e33-5f6e0586a191
  5. safest resource to use to Clean up Windows completely

safest resource to use to Clean up Windows completely: My Edge Browser and File Explore are messed up and need to be cleaned: startup, unnecessary/unused /junk files/folders, and to et up this PC like new? I am tired of trying to find and fix problems that occur after each Windows/MS update and unwanted apps/extension being...
  6. low resources while using Zoom

low resources while using Zoom: using zoom but occasionally get the subject message and then my audio gets affected. how do I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-resources-while-using-zoom/8babccaa-4726-45de-aa59-a6c040d1ac1a
  7. After a clean install of Windows 10, no audio on system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After a clean install of Windows 10, no audio on system: After a clean install of Windows 10 on a new hard drive, everything is back up except the sound. I have no audio on the system, my speakers are working, I tested them on my phone. I ran the Troubleshooting on the device; results were "No speakers, headset or headphones are...
  8. Low sound volume after clean win10 installation

Low sound volume after clean win10 installation: Last week I tried to install the creator update and it made my laptop not to boot so I did clean win10 installation. After that I noticed that the sound volume isn't as high as it used to be even when turned up to 100%. Sounds goes unnoticable in somewhere near 13%. I...
  9. Low Volume After Windows 10 clean install

Low Volume After Windows 10 clean install: Hi everyone I own a sony vaio laptop and recently did a clean install of windows 10 on it, however I noticed that the volume was significantly lower than windows 8.1. My computer uses Realtek HD Audio. I tried installing drivers from Sony's as well as Realtek's website,...
  10. Low Level Format, Then Clean Install Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Low Level Format, Then Clean Install Windows 10?: In the past, whenever I have installed or reinstalled an OS I always did so after wiping the drive clean via a third party app such as Kill Disk. Probably unnecessary, but what the hell. Currently running Windows 7 Pro and am now readying for Windows 10. I understand the...