Windows 10: windows 10 sluggish laggy user interface

Discus and support windows 10 sluggish laggy user interface in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; version 1909 os build 18363.592 My issue with windows 10 is: extreme sluggishness. It starts somewhat ok then within the next 15 minutes or less it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by limakalima, Feb 3, 2020.

1. windows 10 sluggish laggy user interface

version 1909 os build 18363.592

My issue with windows 10 is: extreme sluggishness. It starts somewhat ok then within the next 15 minutes or less it gets really bad. pressing win+d minimizes the windows like a bad stop motion show, the run box opens 500ms or a second later, alt+tabbing is horrible, scrolling in explorer is horrible. basically the whole UI experience.
    going back in explorer took 1-2 seconds more than once.
    It's not just explorer it's any window really

my specs
    z390 extreme4
    i7-9700k
    kingston hyperx 2x16 hx432c16pb3k2
    amd rx 580
    nvme Mushkin Helix-L 1TB MKNSSDHL1TB-D8
    corsair rm650

nothing is overclocked yet

I also uploaded some files to rg.to via the web interface (it automatically concurrently uploads five files) and it aborted even with two files, let alone five. It gets all confused. So it has to be some sort of storage issue.

I updated the BIOS to only 2.30 since the BIOS page for the extreme4 says:
    * User will not able to flash to previous BIOS once upgrading to this BIOS version.
    ** We don't recommend users to update the BIOS if their system is already running normally.
    ASRock > Z390 Extreme4

Should I update the BIOS (would I need to reinstall windows)? Try a diff NVMe? OS driver issue?
    I'm considering putting back my SATA for testing purposes.

this is what an idle latencymon session looks like (see attachments)
    latencymon storport.sys

:)

limakalima, Feb 3, 2020

2. Windows User Interface Suggestion

Your suggestions posted here won't reach the people/department you want to reach.

Use the Windows 10 Feedback Hub.

Don

Don Varnau, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

windows 10 sluggish laggy user interface

PC Sluggish After Waking From Sleep

Thank you for the update.

"Could it be that their drivers are not compatible with my current Windows build?" - Yes, there's a possibility that's why you're experiencing some performance issue.

Another thing, some users have reported that the possible reason why their computers are sluggish is fast startup (enabled by default). We may try disabling the fast startup, then check if the issue will still occur. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended).
    • Click Save changes.

And we also suggest checking the Processes and Performance in Task Manager if you feel your computer is sluggish.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Riel Alc, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 sluggish laggy user interface

1. windows 10 sluggish laggy user interface - Similar Threads - sluggish laggy user

2. Efficiency Mode has made my system laggy and sluggish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Efficiency Mode has made my system laggy and sluggish: As of Now Each and Every Browser I use goes into efficiency mode which causes it to be sluggish, Even Microsoft Edge has became so sluggish due to this Efficiency Mode that webpages which opens instantly now takes a long time to load. It even states with alert window that...
  3. Efficiency Mode has made my system laggy and sluggish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Efficiency Mode has made my system laggy and sluggish: As of Now Each and Every Browser I use goes into efficiency mode which causes it to be sluggish, Even Microsoft Edge has became so sluggish due to this Efficiency Mode that webpages which opens instantly now takes a long time to load. It even states with alert window that...
  4. Windows 10 user interface is entirely broken

Windows 10 user interface is entirely broken: I started up my hp laptop for the first time today.. and it starts up and i log in normally.but then i click the bottom left search bar... and its not responsive. i try left clicking every other button on the task bar. still nothing pops up. not eventhe start menu comes up...
  5. Microsoft Defender interface slow/laggy on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender interface slow/laggy on Windows 11: Hey all.I updated to Windows 11 on October 4th, and an issue arose that I also encountered when I first tried the beta for Windows 11 on July 31st: Microsoft Defender/Windows Security's UI is very slow/laggy. Animations are slow, transitions are slow, and if it's in the...
  6. Microsoft Defender interface slow/laggy on Windows 11

Microsoft Defender interface slow/laggy on Windows 11: Hey all.I updated to Windows 11 on October 4th, and an issue arose that I also encountered when I first tried the beta for Windows 11 on July 31st: Microsoft Defender/Windows Security's UI is very slow/laggy. Animations are slow, transitions are slow, and if it's in the...
  7. Sluggish Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sluggish Windows 10: Hi From a restart, gradually over a few days performance reduces to snail's pace until I do a Shutdown. Have run CCleaner and AVG, which found nothing. Help appreciated....
  8. Windows 10 Lock Screen No User Interface

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Lock Screen No User Interface: Hello all, I've trawlled through all the threadsc on this, but i can't seem to find a scenario that replicates my issue. I have no interaction with the computer following an update i performed yesterday 24 October 2020. I jave done the close down the times and i now have...
  9. Windows 10 Sluggish

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Sluggish: I have been getting a strange lagging in Windows 10 lately. I first noticed it when playing an RTS game and the screen scrolling was jumpy. I thought it was the game, but when I dropped to windows, the mouse was laggy there as well. Not by much, but noticable. I also noticed...
  10. Windows 10 User Interface Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 User Interface Issues: Hi Everyone, I am having problems with displaying the user interface on my computer after I have updated to Windows 10 1803, the problem is that it dows not show thte whole user interface as shown below when I launch Microsoft visual Studio and some other apps.z [ATTACH] If...