Windows 10: Windows 10. Small freeze, then black screen and hard lockup

Discus and support Windows 10. Small freeze, then black screen and hard lockup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had this issue with my machine for a while and it can happen in both load and idle. I stress tested the computer for several hours with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by winzhi, Jan 27, 2019.

1. winzhi Win User

Windows 10. Small freeze, then black screen and hard lockup

I have had this issue with my machine for a while and it can happen in both load and idle. I stress tested the computer for several hours with no issues and even played games and then suddenly the screen goes black and it locks up.

For whatever reason, my computer does not create a bump file, despite using the correct settings. Also, the event viewer no errors to speak off.

Temperature during stress test.
    Voltages during stress test.

It happens on a 980gtx ti and a 2080ti card, both with updated drivers using DDU. Anyone have any idea what is happening or any idea what I can try to fix it?

:)

winzhi, Jan 27, 2019

2. Frequent black screen/unresponsive requiring hard boot

Hi,

Please provide more information to help you better:

• Are you getting black screen before sign in or after sign in?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

4. Remon Ont Win User

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10. Small freeze, then black screen and hard lockup - Similar Threads - Small freeze black

2. Getting repeated and intermittent freezes/lockups on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting repeated and intermittent freezes/lockups on Windows 10: Hi,Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H2 Installed on ‎2021-‎02-‎24 OS build 19044.1889 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0 I've been experiencing frequent and intermittent freezing/lockups running Windows 10. Checking the event viewer has only left me...
  3. Windows 10 small hiccups / freezes and green screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 small hiccups / freezes and green screens: Hi,Recently I've been experiencing small freezes and hiccups when opening picture or video files or changing them while on the Windows 10 photo viewer app with the little arrows on the sides. They just last half a second but it is starting to get really annoying. It sometimes...
  4. Windows 10 small hiccups / freezes and green screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 small hiccups / freezes and green screens: Hi,Recently I've been experiencing small freezes and hiccups when opening picture or video files or changing them while on the Windows 10 photo viewer app with the little arrows on the sides. They just last half a second but it is starting to get really annoying. It sometimes...
  5. Windows 10 small hiccups / freezes and green screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Small black box on screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Small black box on screen: Recently a small semi-transparent black box appeared on my screen that doesn't pop up on and screenshots, and it doesn't appear when I launch my PC on diagnostic mode. Im not sure how to get rid of it. submitted by /u/OnyxSm [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 1809 Freeze/Lockup Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 1809 Freeze/Lockup Issues: What is the latest on this? Multiple posts on this in MS Communities but there seems to be no solution yet.Even with a clean boot and startups disabled it would freeze on boot and desktop and become unusable....
  8. Windows 10. Small freeze, then black screen and hard lockup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10. Small freeze, then black screen and hard lockup: I have had this issue with my machine for a while and it can happen in both load and idle. I stress tested the computer for several hours with no issues and even played games and then suddenly the screen goes black and it locks up. For whatever reason, my computer does not...
  9. Random Lockup/Freeze NO BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Lockup/Freeze NO BSOD: Seeing as I don't ever get a a BSOD I took it that I couldn't post in the BSOD thread. Important thing to note is when it occurs. 1. Fail to start right from turning on (no BIOs splash screen). Although this is rare and has only happened a few times. 2. Lockup on...
  10. Windows 10 freezes and black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezes and black screen: I have a laptop and welcome/login screen works very slowly but i've managed to wait it out. When my laptop finally logins i get black screen instead of my desktop, all i can see and move is my mouse cursor. But when i Shift+Restart to boot in safe mode or restore pc data i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 small freeze