Windows 10: Windows 10 smart card login

Discus and support Windows 10 smart card login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Okay, so I wanted to set up my computer to log in via smart card as a secondary way to enter. I have a CAC and a CAC reader and I got them working.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Cgriff1030, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Windows 10 smart card login

Okay, so I wanted to set up my computer to log in via smart card as a secondary way to enter. I have a CAC and a CAC reader and I got them working. Here's the problem. I set the login via smart card enabled but it never setup a user or even registered my CAC as a login.... so now I am stuck locked out of my computer and every time I put in my pass code it says "you must use a smart card to sign in". How can I bypass this or reset my computer? This kinda erks me I jumped a coupe steps and jacked this up.

:)

Cgriff1030, Nov 24, 2015

2. Smart Card Certificate Enumeration is not Working in WIndows 10

I have attempted to, through Group Policy, force my windows 10 login to enumerate the signature certificate on my smart card for use with login. I have this correctly set up in windows 7 and it works there but in windows 10.

I have read and applied all of the policies listed in

Smart Card Group Policy and Registry Settings

Smart Card Group Policy and Registry Settings

and also in

Certificate Enumeration but it still will not function correctly.

Certificate Enumeration

J.B.Bennett, Nov 24, 2015
  3. 404Cat Win User
    Smart card reader causes force restart

Here is my problem. I needed to log in to a website with a smart card, so I plugged in my smart card reader (I have installed and used it before).

When I plugged in the smart card reader, none of the LEDs on the card reader were lighting up to indicate it was connected. Strange, but I decided to plug in my smart card and try to login to the website anyway.

When I clicked "log in with smart card" on the site, Windows popped up a message saying my computer would be automatically restarted in 1 minute.

This happened on all 3 of my computers at home (all fully-updated Windows 10), with 2 different smart card readers. Updating the smart card drivers and rebooting did not help - the issue still persists.

Once (but not all the times it happened) I got a BSOD with error SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

How should I go about fixing this issue?

404Cat, Nov 24, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Windows 10 smart card login

What's a "CAC"?

Berton, Nov 24, 2015
  5. Common Access Card. It's my military ID, it's considered a smart card.

Cgriff1030, Nov 24, 2015
  6. Berton Win User
    Okay, didn't recognize that, been out of the Navy since Dec. '62, long before changes of military ID processes.

Berton, Nov 24, 2015
  7. kene Win User
    Hi Cgriff1030! Smart card login is much more security than traditional text password but it is rarely used. You can use either PCUnlocker or Active Password Changer software to disable the "Force Smart Card Login" policy. Both of them are bootable medias. After disabling the smart card login, you should be allowed to login with password.

8. Windows 10 smart card login

I'm glad you told me about those, I figure that pcunlocker is a software you download into a flash drive? I have a second laptop I can use for this so thanks alot. Really helps.

Cgriff1030, Nov 26, 2015
  9. kene Win User
    After downloading the pcunlocker iso image, you need to use the freeware ISO2Disc or Rufus to burn it to a USB drive. Just manually copy the iso file to USB and it won't work. You should be able to find detailed instructions on its official website. Good luck!

kene, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 smart card login

1. Windows 10 smart card login - Similar Threads - smart card login

2. Virtual Smart Card user on a Windows 10 login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Smart Card user on a Windows 10 login: I wanted to know if it was possible to have the login screen only show the Smart Card login when a user wakes up a windows machine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-smart-card-user-on-a-windows-10-login/0eeb093a-44d6-4072-ab75-0c5b93c2e549
  3. Virtual Smart Card user on a Windows 10 login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Smart Card user on a Windows 10 login: I wanted to know if it was possible to have the login screen only show the Smart Card login when a user wakes up a windows machine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-smart-card-user-on-a-windows-10-login/0eeb093a-44d6-4072-ab75-0c5b93c2e549
  4. Virtual Smart Card user on a Windows 10 login

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to login with a smart card. Error: "signing in with a smart card is not supported...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login with a smart card. Error: "signing in with a smart card is not supported...: Hello everyone, I am writing to describe a problem I have trying to setup an Windows Domain environment for a Automation System. Normaly, in the past we did really basic Active Directry setup with policies regarding accounts, passwords, RDP, use of USB devices just standard...
  6. Smart Card login accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Smart Card login accounts?: Are Smart Card logins to authenticate to login into Windows considered a Local User account or is it still a Domain User account? Supposed a user gets provided a CAC or a PIV card to insert to their Smart Card reader to authenticate or logon to their Windows account, is it a...
  7. Smart card login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Smart card login: Hello,So I've enabled the smart card services on Win 2k19 and installed IIS. I've also enabled the GPO for smart-card authentication and Windows Hello for Business on the server. Could someone provide a step-by-step on actually enrolling the Yubi key? I have joined the...
  8. Pin Policy for Smart Card Login in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin Policy for Smart Card Login in Windows 10: Is it possible for to set a pin policy for smart card login? We are using PIV cards OpenFIPS201 in a Windows 10 A/D.The PIV standard specifies 6-8 digits, however we would like to enforce 8-digit PIN values via policy if possible.I have reviewed the Smart Card Group Policy...
  9. Smart Card Windows Hello Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Smart Card Windows Hello Login: My laptop comes with a smart card reader and I was wondering if I could use it with Windows Hello. Perhaps as a form of dual-factor authentication with my fingerprint. Also, where could I purchase Smart Cards, just one. submitted by /u/emergent_convergence [link]...
  10. Windows login smart card

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows login smart card: Hi, Is it possible to use smart card for a local account in windows 10 v1809? What i can see it´s only possible with computers connected to a domain... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-login-smart-card/acbadc67-ad26-4545-9daf-6add4ed1974b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows ten login smart card

2. smartcard login software windows 10

3. windows 10 sign in with smart card