Windows 10: Windows 10 Smart Hard Disk Error and Black screen with cursor

Discus and support Windows 10 Smart Hard Disk Error and Black screen with cursor in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi, one night i had set my computer down on the floor then the next morning i logged on to see ¨smart hard disk error 301" i have tried to get rid of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by breannamarie1007, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Smart Hard Disk Error and Black screen with cursor

hi, one night i had set my computer down on the floor then the next morning i logged on to see ¨smart hard disk error 301" i have tried to get rid of it for over a year and gave up. I did always just press enter and continue startup but i never been able to actually log into my computer it would go to ¨automatically repairing¨ then it went to ¨diagnosing your pc¨ then it would be stuck there for at least 30-40 minutes then a error would pop up ¨Your computer did not start up¨ but i looked up some youtube videos on how to solve that issue Note i still have the smart disk error i ended up being able to get past the ¨automatically repairing¨ but now it only goes to a black screen with the cursor. ctrl alt del doesnt work neither does F8 and everytime i try to go into System Recovery F11 it goes to a screen with the hp logo and it says ¨Please wait" then it goes back to a black screen with the cursor. ive tried to update BIOS i tried recovering BIOS, i even took out my hard drive and put it back in, ive also tried to set to default settings in BIOS menu. I also dont have another working computer or a USB or Disk. i dont have enough money to buy a USB or Disk.

:)

breannamarie1007, Apr 21, 2021
  2. Mergho Win User

A black screen with the mouse cursor

Windows 10 Smart Hard Disk Error and Black screen with cursor [​IMG]

Mergho, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Smart Hard Disk Error and Black screen with cursor

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Smart Hard Disk Error and Black screen with cursor

1. Windows 10 Smart Hard Disk Error and Black screen with cursor - Similar Threads - Smart Hard Disk

2. Black Screen With Cursor In Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen With Cursor In Windows 10: When i turn on the computer and Login. After Startup i have a Black Screen with CursorI Restarted and when is restarted and i logged in it Was a black screen of cursorSo i restarted to safe mode and open Task Manager, Settings And File ExplorerAnd i restarted the computer and...
  3. Windows 10 with black screen and cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 with black screen and cursor: I recently bought a hp 6000 mini tower, and after plugging it in and getting it to boot up, I was met with a black screen and only the cursor. I tried using the turn off and on again 3 time to get into the menu, which was successful, but when I tried to put it into safe mode,...
  4. Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor: When I finished a new update for windows 10, my screen was black and the only thing that worked was moving the cursor. I tried using shortcuts to boot device manager, safe mode, reset the pcOmen doesn’t let it complete, and tried hard resetting. Any help would be much...
  5. smart failure predicted on hard disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    smart failure predicted on hard disk: ı've been using my computer less then a year. I have an ssd and a hard drive in it. I am usually very neat with it. windows 10 came with my ssd. I, then added hard drive. any way. I've been getting this error. so I've decided to send my ssd to where I bought it. as you guess...
  6. Automatic Repair Failed, SMART Hard Disk Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Automatic Repair Failed, SMART Hard Disk Error: When I switched on my HP laptop windows 10, I faced 'SMART Hard Disk Error The SMART hard disk check has detected an imminenet failure. To ensure not data loss, please backup the content immediately and run the Hard Disk Test in System Diagnostics Hard Disk 1 301 F2...
  7. Nvme ssd 313 Smart hard disk error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nvme ssd 313 Smart hard disk error: How do I get rid of this error, it continues show up when starting, but every thing is seems fine. submitted by /u/iseedeff [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h99z6q/nvme_ssd_313_smart_hard_disk_error/
  8. Windows 10 with Black screen and cursor

Windows 10 with Black screen and cursor: Hi! I have a problem with my computer when I boot it I get a black screen with only my cursor displaying. I can tried everything, and came to a solution. I have to go to my monitor settings and set it to DP instead of the HDMI. I think the problem is my computer is...
  9. SMART Failure Predicted On Hard Disk

SMART Failure Predicted On Hard Disk: I am seeing this message on a restart : WARNING: Immediately back-up your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may be imminent. Press F1 to Continue So it's pretty straight forward what I need to do and I just want to make sure I do it correctly as it looks...
  10. BLACK SCREEN WITH CURSOR IN WINDOWS 10

BLACK SCREEN WITH CURSOR IN WINDOWS 10: DEAR TEAM, WE ARE HATING WITH THIS PROBLEM, I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING BUT STILL CURSOR IS THERE ON BLACK SCREEN, I HAVE DONE RESET / FACTORY RESET ....ETC .....TASK MANAGER ALSO NOT OPEN, SECOND MONITOR ALSO NOT WORK..... I HAVE CHECK ALL BUT WINDOWS IS VERY BAD. SHAME ON...