Windows 10: Windows 10 Snipping Tool printing problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Snipping Tool printing problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Am running Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.248] with the latest updates as to Feb28, 2018. MS Snipping Tool has a problem (or is it my printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hasiel123, Feb 27, 2018.

1. hasiel123 Win User

Windows 10 Snipping Tool printing problem

Am running Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.248] with the latest updates as to Feb28, 2018.

MS Snipping Tool has a problem (or is it my printer settings?)

When I take a snapshot of a page that I want printed and I select to Print from within Snipping Tool, part of the page is printed on a second page.

For example in the Snip below, everything to the right of the black vertical line I have drawn winds up being printed on a second page.

This never used to happen and it happens all the time now, Help is appreciated, Hasiel.

Windows 10 Snipping Tool printing problem [​IMG]

:)

hasiel123, Feb 27, 2018
  2. helennoel Win User

Snipping Tool

I never had a Snipping Tool until I upgraded to Windows 10. The Snipping Tool is one of my favorite items

on Windows 10. I just type Snip in the Search Windows field and up it comes. Sometimes I do have trouble

printing some of my Snips. I would welcome feedback about printing snips.

helennoel, Feb 27, 2018
  3. dpn- Win User
    Microsoft Snipping Tool

I have a friend who is having a problem with the Snipping Tool. When something is snipped by the tool and then printed it prints in a purple or red color. If the snipped item is pasted into a document and printed it also prints in this reddish color.
    Items typed into the document print black, it is only the snipped item that prints reddish. The snipped item is black on white typing and it appears as black on white in the document. What could be the problem that is causing this colored printing of a
    snipped item? This problem just started recently, prior to that it worked properly.

*** Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category. ***

4. spunk Win User

In the Print box choose Print Preferences and check your printer settings. Or you can save the snip as a JPG and open it with your photo viewing software and print it from there.

spunk, Feb 28, 2018
  5. hasiel123 Win User
    I changed the paper size to a4 8.5 inches x 11 in the Windows Photo app and it printed properly, but printing from Snipping Tool directly it still divides it and prints on two pages.

hasiel123, Feb 28, 2018
  6. spunk Win User
    What are the print preferences in the Snipping tool Print Preferences?

spunk, Feb 28, 2018
  7. hasiel123 Win User
    Inside of Snipping Tool, I went into PRINT< PREFERENCES and it took me into my Samsung Printer settings, I tried it in "Landscape" mode and it and it still incorrectly printed on two pages, I tried it in "Portrait" mode, and it still incorrectly printed on two pages.

hasiel123, Feb 28, 2018
  8. hasiel123 Win User

Am becoming convinced that Snipping Tool is the problem in its' design.

Read this if you wish:" I ran into this same issue and after troubleshooting it seems that Snipping tool does not have a "fit to size". Anything smaller than the printing size of the page will print fine, anything bigger than the printing size will print as many pages would required for it to actually print the whole image but blank. Only workaround to print larger snips i have found is to save and then print."
    ---Source: Snipping tool prints large images as blank pages - Microsoft Community

Thanks for your help, spunk, anyway.

hasiel123, Feb 28, 2018
  9. Helmut Win User
    There is no fit to page functionality. With my printer you can only select about 6 out of 20 available paper sizes. Most have a yellow warning triangle.

The images are meant to be used in something else for printing. Usually I use IrfanView and that allows for a full set of paper size selection all 20, and a fit to page function.

It is just a simple Tool. It is what it is.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Snipping Tool printing problem - Similar Threads - Snipping Tool printing

2. Problem with snipping tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with snipping tool: So, when I open snipping tool while my main monitor has lower dpi than second one, gray overlay becames broken. It just doesnt cover whole screen but only parts of it.Has anyone got a fix?...
  3. Problem with snipping tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with snipping tool: So, when I open snipping tool while my main monitor has lower dpi than second one, gray overlay becames broken. It just doesnt cover whole screen but only parts of it.Has anyone got a fix?...
  4. Snipping tool problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snipping tool problem: whether i press the screen snip on my thinkpad, id always get to snip a part of the screen nd then get a popup window with options of what to do with it, like with the older version of snipping tool. But recently and after i got a new laptop, the feature disappeared. I could...
  5. Snipping Tool Problems

Snipping Tool Problems: As of right now whenever I take a snip it saves to: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\TempState\ScreenClip I could not find any way to change it in the app. does anyone know how to? submitted by /u/xdGladiator [link]...
  6. Print Screen/Snipping Tool problem

Print Screen/Snipping Tool problem: [ATTACH] So lately if I want to screenshot both screens with print screen or just snip anything with the snipping tool my second monitor covers up a good portion of my main monitor. What could be causing this and how do I fix it? Edit: I think its making my left monitor...
  7. snipping tool problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    snipping tool problem: I can not save my document after I snipped it. I see the "save as" button but when I click on to it, nothing happened. I do not see where they want be to put it. Just does nothing....
  8. Snipping tool double printing ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool double printing ?: My Canon printer died a while before Xmas, Bought another similar Canon . A week ago my 4 yo Lenovo lap top wasnt good Snipping tool worked perfectly and printed on just one page . Bought a new Lenovo ideapad. Not aware of changing anything but if I try to use snipping tool...
  9. Snipping tool double printing ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Snipping tool double printing ?: My Canon printer died a while before Xmas, Bought another similar Canon . A week ago my 4 yo Lenovo lap top wasnt good Snipping tool worked perfectly and printed on just one page . Bought a new Lenovo ideapad. Not aware of changing anything but if I try to use snipping tool...
  10. Snipping Tool Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snipping Tool Problems: When I try to snip a screen it goes completely black now. It used to work great but now I can't snip things that I see on the internet.? Can I just upgrade that part of the WIndows 10 program? I really miss it now...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. snipping tool printing on 2 pages

2. www.bing.cohttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4045777/windows-10-get-help-with-pc-compatibility-in-windows-mixed-reality

3. snipping tool printing blank pages

4. snipping tool not printing,
  5. snipping tool print to fit,
  6. snipping tool prints blank pages,
  7. snipping tool prints large images as blank pages,
  8. snipping tool printing issues,
  9. why wont my word snip print,
  10. Snip tool prints,
  11. Worldhttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-10-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots,
  12. how do you make snipping tool fit to one page when printing,
  13. printer ont print out but snipping tool prints out papers,
  14. snipping tool for windows 10 will not print,
  15. why wont my snip it print