Windows 10: Windows 10 So Slow - over 6 minutes to open Acrobat!

Discus and support Windows 10 So Slow - over 6 minutes to open Acrobat! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Update History shows 2019-02 Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057) successfully installed on 01/03/19, but in Programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Harvey-Jones, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 So Slow - over 6 minutes to open Acrobat!

Update History shows 2019-02 Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057) successfully installed on 01/03/19, but in Programs and Features>Installed Updates, last Windows Update was 15/02/19 which was an update with the same KB number.

So far I have been trying to get the PC usable for 3.5 hours but with no joy. Is it possible that the update is still working away in the background - if so, how do I stop it? Is there a way of checking to see if the installation process is in the background?

What are my options? I cannot uninstall the update if it is not showing as installed.

Thanks guys.

:)

Harvey-Jones, Mar 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro not listed under set default program

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are unable to set Adobe Acrobat as default program from settings, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Navigate to the file which you want to open using Adobe Acrobat.
    • Right click on the file and select Open with and click on
      choose another app
    • Check if Adobe Acrobat is listed in the programs list.
    • If not then click on Look for another app on this PC.
    • Navigate to the location where Adobe Acrobat is installed and select the same.
    • Check the box for Always use this app to open files and click on
      OK.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 So Slow - over 6 minutes to open Acrobat!

Acrobat Reader slow

Hi Saurabdey,

If you are encountering a pronounced delay when loading pages or zooming with the Acrobat Reader app, I'd first suggest restarting your phone and pulling the battery (if possible) for a few moments to see if this improves the performance. if you still
    notice the delay, another option is to uninstall and reinstall the app. The following steps will allow you to uninstall and reinstall the app, but we also have additional details on the Windows Phone

website

To delete apps

• On Start, flick left to the App list.
    • Tap and hold an app, then tap Uninstall.
    • When asked for confirmation, tap Yes.
    To reinstall apps from your phone

• On Start, tap Marketplace
    • Tap Search to find the app or game you want to reinstall

• If it's a free app or game, tap Install

• Follow the instructions to reinstall the app. You might have to re-enter your Windows Live ID

Regards,

Greg

Gregory A., Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 So Slow - over 6 minutes to open Acrobat!

1. Windows 10 So Slow - over 6 minutes to open Acrobat! - Similar Threads - Slow minutes open

2. adobe acrobat will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adobe acrobat will not open: adobe acrobat runs in administrator profile, but not my regular windows profile. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-will-not-open/6dde41dc-3586-4ed6-8f29-26bbf36d0555
  3. adobe acrobat will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adobe acrobat will not open: adobe acrobat runs in administrator profile, but not my regular windows profile. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-will-not-open/6dde41dc-3586-4ed6-8f29-26bbf36d0555
  4. Windows 10 so slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 so slow: after installing windows 10 is stuttering and so slow and laggy and even playing games like cs 1.6 is like 15fps windows 8.1 and windows 7 was fine with it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-so-slow/14c6e875-30bf-429d-b614-f6dde93e7e6b
  5. Windows 10 takes over 10 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 takes over 10 minutes to boot: Recently-ish probably a month or so whenever my pc restarts it takes around 11-12 minutes to restart. I've tried various solutions but no errors from any of the commands I ran. The weird thing is when I run safe mode it boots very fast. But when I did a clean boot with all...
  6. Windows 10 takes over 10 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes over 10 minutes to boot: Recently-ish (probably a month or so) whenever my pc restarts it takes around 11-12 minutes to restart. I've tried various solutions but no errors from any of the commands I ran. The weird thing is when I run safe mode it boots very fast. But when I did a clean boot with all...
  7. Windows 10 will not allow Adobe Acrobat to be Default over Adobe Reader?

Windows 10 will not allow Adobe Acrobat to be Default over Adobe Reader?: Due to some PDFs only opening with Adobe Reader, i need to have both Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat on my computer. I prefer my default tool to be Adobe Acrobat. But Window 10 will not allow that. Yes, i know i am suppose to be able to set that option up with in both the...
  8. Windows 10 so slow

Windows 10 so slow: Why is Windows 10 so slow at startup and what to do to speed up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-so-slow/2ef88dac-436c-4892-b2df-a9b90bc1856c
  9. Very slow boot-up time (over three minutes)

Very slow boot-up time (over three minutes): My windows 10 Pro, 64bit (SSD 240G) was working fine, until recently (a month or two ago), when booting became extremely slow: during system boot-up it gets about two minutes stuck in the black (Lenovo) screen (with some white dots moving around I think). I've tried to fix...
  10. 6 minutes to restart

6 minutes to restart: Hi ,I hope this is the right place to post this...for the last 3 weeks anytime I "restart" my hp 32 bit pc it takes 6 minutes and all the while the screen is black with a small blinking light in the upper left corner everything is fine after it finally restarts and if I shut...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 adobe acrobat slow to open