Windows 10: Windows 10 soft freezes randomly

Discus and support Windows 10 soft freezes randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, my Windows 10 have been freezing every 5-7 days randomly, always happens when I'm doing light loads like watching a Youtube video or just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by YukieSu, Feb 11, 2021.

1. YukieSu Win User

Windows 10 soft freezes randomly

Hi everyone, my Windows 10 have been freezing every 5-7 days randomly, always happens when I'm doing light loads like watching a Youtube video or just browsing the web. Never freezes when I'm playing heavy load games like Cyberpunk 2077 or streaming.

When it happens Windows 10 become unresponsive, I can click on stuff like opening My Computer or Task Manager, however after they opened they don't show anything as if like they can't load, sometimes they don't open at all. I can bring out the Ctrl + Alt + Del screen to perform shutdown, however it just stucks at "Shutting down" forever, so I have to hard shutdown by pressing the power button for 5 seconds everytime.

What's weird about this issue is it happens every 5-7 days, guaranteed, never outside of that period, so I can almost feel it coming 5 days after last freeze.

And my computer runs fine under load such as gaming for hours with no freezes, so it makes me feel like it's most likely a Windows 10 problem.

I've tried:

Resetting Windows 10

sfc /scannow

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth && DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Both couldn't find any errors.

Help would be appreciated! Thanks

:)

YukieSu, Feb 11, 2021

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Windows 10 soft freezes randomly

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 soft freezes randomly

1. Windows 10 soft freezes randomly - Similar Threads - soft freezes randomly

2. Random soft shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random soft shutdowns: Running an X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB RAM, 2080, 5900X no overclocks and I've started encountering seemingly random shutdowns - not just a hard instantshutdown/immediately off situation, I've had that in a past with a faulty PSU under load. I'll be mid-task and I get the...
  3. Random soft shutdowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random soft shutdowns: Running an X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB RAM, 2080, 5900X no overclocks and I've started encountering seemingly random shutdowns - not just a hard instantshutdown/immediately off situation, I've had that in a past with a faulty PSU under load. I'll be mid-task and I get the...
  4. Random soft shutdowns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows soft locking randomly

Windows soft locking randomly: Sometimes when using my computer, especially when I'm just watching videos in a browser or just browsing in general, my computer will soft lock. I'm not able to close the browser, open any other programs, use the start menu or the taskbar. Attempting to shut off the computer...
  6. Random "soft" system crash

Random "soft" system crash: Hi everyone,My system has been randomly crashing for the last couple of months. An open app Chrome, Firefox, OBS, Skype will suddenly become laggy and then freeze entirely. This behaviour then begins to affect other apps, as well as Windows Taskbar, Task Manager, etc. The...
  7. Soft freeze during Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Soft freeze during Windows Update: New desktop just froze?. I had the Windows Update tab open in Settings and it seems to have gotten stuck on an install. It's been like this for an hour now. About halfway through, the whole window just turned into my theme color. For awhile, I could move the cursor and...
  8. Windows 10 freezing randomly

Windows 10 freezing randomly: So far the issue only happened 3 times. The first 2 times it was during Skype calls with a friend, so I first thought the issues was related to Skype. I was not on Skype calls (just text chat) since then, but the issue occured again yesterday. The way it goes is as follows:...
  9. windows 10 randomly freezes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 randomly freezes: Windows 10 build 10586.14 randomly freezes and requires a power button restart. Happens once or twice per week. Never happened until I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was first available for the public. 32686
  10. Windows 10 freeze randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freeze randomly: I installed a new graphics card while I was still on Windows 7 and was having the same issue so I figured I might as well do a fresh install of Windows 10 while I'm at it, but I have the same problem still and it makes my pc unusable at times 49972