Windows 10: Windows 10- Some apps crashing immediately after starting

Discus and support Windows 10- Some apps crashing immediately after starting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Everything was working fine until a couple of days ago when certain apps started crashing as soon as they opened or wouldn't open at all. The Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by winwin999HH, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10- Some apps crashing immediately after starting

Everything was working fine until a couple of days ago when certain apps started crashing as soon as they opened or wouldn't open at all. The Microsoft Photos app, VLC Media Player and a couple of other apps are facing this issue, while apps like Microsoft Movies & TV, Google Chrome are working fine. I don't remember any updates happening. Just can't figure out why this is happening all of a sudden.

:)

winwin999HH, Dec 5, 2019
  2. EddoX Win User

MSN News starts and then crashes immediately

I went back in your suggestions and tried this again. Still MSN News starts and fails immediately.

EddoX, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 People App Immediately Crashes Right After Start

Hi,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

Since the above steps didn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to un-install and re-install the people app and let us know the status. Follow the below steps to un-install the app.

• Type Windows in the search box and right click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Type get-appxpackage *Microsoft.People* | remove-appxpackage
      on the PowerShell and hit Enter.
    Once you un-install the app you can install it again from Windows store.

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Windows 10- Some apps crashing immediately after starting

ALL WINDOWS 10 APPS CRASH AT THE START!!!

Hello,

To determine the solution for your Windows 10 apps crashing problem, kindly answer the following questions:

• Were the apps, referred to your query, downloaded from Windows Store?
    • Were there changes made prior to the issue?
    • When did the issue start to happen?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have performed in an attempt to resolve the problem?

We look forward to your response.

Vanessa Oca, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10- Some apps crashing immediately after starting

1. Windows 10- Some apps crashing immediately after starting - Similar Threads - apps crashing immediately

2. Chrome & Firefox crashing immediately after start on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome & Firefox crashing immediately after start on Windows 11: Tonight both Firefox and Chrome are suddenly crashing moments after I launch them. Chrome flashes the profile window beforehand and Firefox flashes some kind of error message that is only on the screen for a millisecond. I had been using Firefox 2 hours prior with no issues...
  3. Chrome & Firefox crashing immediately after start on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome & Firefox crashing immediately after start on Windows 11: Tonight both Firefox and Chrome are suddenly crashing moments after I launch them. Chrome flashes the profile window beforehand and Firefox flashes some kind of error message that is only on the screen for a millisecond. I had been using Firefox 2 hours prior with no issues...
  4. Microsoft Apps Crash Immediately

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Apps Crash Immediately: Hello! I've been having a problem with my Windows Apps for a bit... I noticed that i had a huge unused file that was clogging up the space on my ssd, turns out it was some forza horizon 4 uninstall residue, so naturally I decide to remove it. After around 2 hours trying to...
  5. Microsoft Apps Crash Immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Apps Crash Immediately: Hello! I've been having a problem with my Windows Apps for a bit... I noticed that i had a huge unused file that was clogging up the space on my ssd, turns out it was some forza horizon 4 uninstall residue, so naturally I decide to remove it. After around 2 hours trying to...
  6. Microsoft Apps Crash Immediately

7. Some apps crash on start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some apps crash on start: The issue came up yesterday. Some apps on my computer won’t start and I don’t understand why this is happening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-apps-crash-on-start/3029d2b8-8d96-4d37-8f63-17802031df65
  8. Some of my programs close immediately (NOT WINDOWS 10 APPS)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some of my programs close immediately (NOT WINDOWS 10 APPS): I have got games that work fine. But when I try running some programs like truckersMP, Camtasia, RagePluginHook, etc. (These are all legit.exe) They appear in task manager for legit 2 seconds and then it says (Suspended) and disappears from task manager. They were working...
  9. Apps Immediately Crash

Apps Immediately Crash: Hi Everyone, I've run into this problem where I'm offline and I open a modern app, I might see the app for a moments, but then immediately closes or crashes. It doesn't seem to happen to the mall/calendar app that comes with Windows 10. I've noticed though that sometimes...
  10. Twitter app on Windows 10 crashes immediately after opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Twitter app on Windows 10 crashes immediately after opening: I am having an issue with the official Twitter app on Windows 10. Every time I open the app, it shows for a split second then it closes. I cannot use it at all! I Googled the problem but nothing came up. throwing quotes around "Twitter" showed only one result saying that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apps are crashing in windows 10

2. windows 10 apps crashing immediately