Windows 10: Windows 10 - some apps, event viewer and task manager - not responding

Discus and support Windows 10 - some apps, event viewer and task manager - not responding in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I have an Windows 10 Pro. I want to know what caused this. Task manager and event viewer was not responding and some of the applications stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xxx123, Mar 7, 2016.

1. xxx123 Win User

Windows 10 - some apps, event viewer and task manager - not responding

Hi. I have an Windows 10 Pro. I want to know what caused this.
    Task manager and event viewer was not responding and some of the applications stop responding. I was clicking and nothing happening. It was related to hardware or software? Disk was formatted due to MBR partition.

My disk is Samsung Evo 250 GB , and 2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz.

Smart on disk is fine, GOOD status in Samsung MAgician and no errors in HD TUNE. Memtest86 not showing errors.

After format to GPT and install again Windows 10 all is fine and working properly. But i want to know what caused issue before format. Thx. It was related to windows/software or hardware?

Because i find on internet some thing about MBR and GPT. Listen, :

I read that somewhere:
    "OS on a GPT formatted disk, booted with UEFI, is BETTER THEN MBR & BIOS !
    Why ?

Better (auto) chances to recover info from bad/damaged sector/block !
    (Partition table is redundantly stored, checked using crc) "

Also there was some possibility that MBR get corrupted. And now about that.

And then somebody said this to me this:"The MBR could have been poorly made thee first time, that is a possibility...your SSD could be faulty and now error correction of GPT is hiding the issue.."

Also is this possible that error correction of GPT is hiding issue?

:)

xxx123, Mar 7, 2016
  2. SasaAsasa Win User

Windows 10 - some apps, event viewer and task manager - not responding - SSD fault?

Hi. I had fresh clean install of Windows 10 Pro in MBR scheme . I want to know what caused this.

Task manager and event viewer was not responding and some of the applications was not responding too. I was clicking and nothing happening. It was related to hardware or software? Disk was formatted due
    to MBR partition.

My disk is Samsung Evo 250 GB , and 2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz.

Smart on disk is fine, GOOD status in Samsung MAgician and no errors in HD TUNE. Memtest86 not showing errors.

After format to GPT and install again Windows 10 all is fine and working properly. Just want to know what caused issue before format. Thx. It was related to windows/software or hardware?

I made topic because some peoples told me that corrupt data , can be caused by faulty memory or ssd. What is yours opinions? But like i said i test memtest86, Windows Diagnostics Memory and hdtune smart
    showing no errors.

So maybe it was SSD fault or something? Maybe something with SSD ? But it working fine with GPT partition now. So why it get corrupted with MBR then? So why it not worked well with MBR then ?

SasaAsasa, Mar 7, 2016
  3. Windows 10 - some apps, event viewer and task manager - not responding - SSD fault?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to answer your query.

To better assist you, do let us know if you receive any error message when you try to open the mentioned programs/apps.

This could be due to faulty RAM, hardware failure, corrupted drivers or virus and malware. Since there are different criteria which cold cause the system to hang or stop some programs from opening temporarily, we cannot exactly point out which caused the
    issue. However, should you face the issue in the future, let us know. We will be glad to look into it.

If you have any Windows related queries in the future, let us know. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 7, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 - some apps, event viewer and task manager - not responding

1. Windows 10 - some apps, event viewer and task manager - not responding - Similar Threads - apps event viewer

2. Apps not Loading and Task Manager not Responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps not Loading and Task Manager not Responding: Hi,This issue has been persistent for about a week now. No joke. This all started after I updated Fortnite for the new chapter... Just want to provide a timeline and anything I did previously to this issue.Basically, when I try to load game apps or launchers such as Steam,...
  3. Apps not Loading and Task Manager not Responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not Loading and Task Manager not Responding: Hi,This issue has been persistent for about a week now. No joke. This all started after I updated Fortnite for the new chapter... Just want to provide a timeline and anything I did previously to this issue.Basically, when I try to load game apps or launchers such as Steam,...
  4. Apps not Loading and Task Manager not Responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Task Manager Not Responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Not Responding.: Adobe Support were unable to complete their work because Task Manager on Windows 11 kept giving error message "Task Manager Not Responding" and then hanging. Eventually contacted MS Support suggested I try a work around -"Perform SFC Scan & Repair Windows Image" but this...
  6. Task Manager Not Responding.

Task Manager Not Responding.: Adobe Support were unable to complete their work because Task Manager on Windows 11 kept giving error message "Task Manager Not Responding" and then hanging. Eventually contacted MS Support suggested I try a work around -"Perform SFC Scan & Repair Windows Image" but this...
  7. Some startup app in task manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some startup app in task manager: How we can remove WinHoster **** Winflow these files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/some-startup-app-in-task-manager/c29c2e26-f832-4188-85ca-c930df00f218
  8. How to close event viewer when not displayed in task manager?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to close event viewer when not displayed in task manager?: When troubleshooting threads I've scanned multiple event viewers that have not closed. The first one didn't close. Four additional event viewers were scanned. Now there are five open. In task manager they were not seen looking under letter e. Process explorer was launched...
  9. task manager not responding

task manager not responding: is it normal to have task manager not responding i am using windows since the old age of win 3.1 this is first time i have seen this error. 166423
  10. No "Not responding" status in task Manager?

in Windows 10 Support
    No "Not responding" status in task Manager?: I am trying to figure out if apps are frozen are simply still processing information in Win 10. In Win 7 I would go to the task manger and see a "Not Responding" in the status field to let me know if there is a problem, but I don't have that option in Win 10. I can only see...