Windows 10: Windows 10 Some of the photo files stored in a folder show the Mountains and Moon icon

Discus and support Windows 10 Some of the photo files stored in a folder show the Mountains and Moon icon in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Some of the photo files stored in a folder show the Mountains and Moon icon others show the photograph. How can I restore so all photos show as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RichardWhiteman1, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Some of the photo files stored in a folder show the Mountains and Moon icon

Some of the photo files stored in a folder show the Mountains and Moon icon others show the photograph. How can I restore so all photos show as thumbnails? All folders showed as thumbnails until recently.Thanks for helping. until just recently.

:)

RichardWhiteman1, Dec 4, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?

Open File Explorer > top right, click Options > click Change folder and search options > click View at top > UN-check the box " Always show icons, never thumbnails" > OK when done.

Windows 10  Some of the photo files stored in a folder show the Mountains and Moon icon [​IMG]

davidhk, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Some of the photo files stored in a folder show the Mountains and Moon icon

store and photos app isnt showing proper icons

Hello Aditya,

As you are facing issues with accessing Photos app on your device with icons not displayed properly, we will help you with this issue.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there is any update for Photos app from Windows Store. If found, try to update the app and check if it helps.

Open Windows Store, search for Photos app, check if you are able to find Update option.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter as it troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue. We will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Some of the photo files stored in a folder show the Mountains and Moon icon

1. Windows 10 Some of the photo files stored in a folder show the Mountains and Moon icon - Similar Threads - photo files stored

2. Windows 10 JPG Shortcut File Showing Blue Mountain Icon Fix Critical Bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 JPG Shortcut File Showing Blue Mountain Icon Fix Critical Bug: Many users have experienced a situation where their JPG shortcuts show up as Blue Mountain icons rather than the actual thumbnails they are connected to.I have solved this solution and posting this so that the Microsoft Engineers can pass this along to other forum users and...
  3. Windows 10 JPG Shortcut File Showing Blue Mountain Icon Fix Critical Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 JPG Shortcut File Showing Blue Mountain Icon Fix Critical Bug: Many users have experienced a situation where their JPG shortcuts show up as Blue Mountain icons rather than the actual thumbnails they are connected to.I have solved this solution and posting this so that the Microsoft Engineers can pass this along to other forum users and...
  4. Windows 10 JPG Shortcut File Showing Blue Mountain Icon Fix Critical Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon: some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-the-folders-in-the-navigation-pane-of-file/e8b967c0-66c1-4450-9da9-d44426e6e2e5
  6. some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon

some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon: some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-the-folders-in-the-navigation-pane-of-file/e8b967c0-66c1-4450-9da9-d44426e6e2e5
  7. some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon

8. Blue mountains on photos

Blue mountains on photos: I am having issues with seeing my pictures unless I open the actual photo, all I see is blue mountains https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-mountains-on-photos/d72a2676-3131-4921-b7bb-9c468c77aa84
  9. Some apps not showing proper icon instead they are showing photos file icon .

Some apps not showing proper icon instead they are showing photos file icon .: [ATTACH] This is coming even though my windows updated till : 2021-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems...
  10. Photos only displaying as blue mountain icons in windows 10

Photos only displaying as blue mountain icons in windows 10: I can’t get my photos to display a thumbnail only a blue mountain icon. It’s so annoying. I’ve spent hours on forums and no suggestions work. Sometimes I can see them if I choose small icons then they revert back to blue icons. Ita a brand new dell computer runnnig windows...