Windows 10: Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out

Discus and support Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Some of my start screen icons have turned grey Not sure what is going on.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hank1111, Mar 31, 2019.

1. hank1111 Win User

Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out

Some of my start screen icons have turned grey Not sure what is going on.

:)

hank1111, Mar 31, 2019
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Windows 10 Start menu issue

Ive always had issues with the start menu. Pin to start sometimes doesn't work. Now I cant move the icons. And the right click menu sticks. If I do manage to move one it disappears on to reappear later.
    Love 10 other than that. Whats the deal? I would like to organize my icons. Ive tried tablet mode too

Another thing it does when I first restart its bright. Then if I try to move something it dims

Jetster, Mar 31, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out - Similar Threads - Start menu icons

2. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?: Hi. There are two parts to this question about the Start menu icon groups.1. Why won't it let me move the TextPad icon bottom left into the gap in the gap in the icon group above it?2. Why have several icon groups all apart from Misc and Games suddenly greyed-out?And how can...
  3. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?: Hi. There are two parts to this question about the Start menu icon groups.1. Why won't it let me move the TextPad icon bottom left into the gap in the gap in the icon group above it?2. Why have several icon groups all apart from Misc and Games suddenly greyed-out?And how can...
  4. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Start Menu looks greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu looks greyed out: Hi Team,As part our product we install the application on top of Windows. When we were using Windows 10 LTSB 2016 we were not facing any issues with Start Menu, after we migrated to Windows 10 LTSC 2019 we started to see an issue of Start Menu being greyed out Key board works...
  6. Start Menu looks greyed out

Start Menu looks greyed out: Hi Team,As part our product we install the application on top of Windows. When we were using Windows 10 LTSB 2016 we were not facing any issues with Start Menu, after we migrated to Windows 10 LTSC 2019 we started to see an issue of Start Menu being greyed out Key board works...
  7. Text & icons in start menu greyed out

Text & icons in start menu greyed out: Hello everyone, I'm in need of assistance. You see just recently I've reseted the Local Group Policy settings on my computer through the command prompt method. Though after the process was complete I discovered that there was a problem with my start menu. All the text &...
  8. Shell:Appsfolder: Some Icons Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shell:Appsfolder: Some Icons Greyed Out: I just upgraded my laptop to 1803 and I've been reviewing all my programs and Apps in Shell:Appsfolder. Some of the Apps icons (e.g. Camera, Calendar & Calculator) are greyed out when large icons or tiles are selected but they display fine when small icons are chosen - see...
  9. Some Icons Greyed Out in Shell:Appsfolder

in Windows 10 Support
    Some Icons Greyed Out in Shell:Appsfolder: I just upgraded my laptop to 1803 and I've been reviewing all my programs and Apps in Shell:Appsfolder. Some of the Apps icons (e.g. Camera, Calendar & Calculator are greyed out when large icons or tiles are selected but they display fine when small icons are chosen - see...
  10. Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out: Some of my start menu icons appear greyed out, although I can still click on them and they work fine, just wondering if anybody knows how to fix it, have already tried sfc /scannow no errors found Also tried rebuilding icon cache as per here How to reset the icon cache...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start icon greyed

2. start menu greyed icon in windows 10

3. show accent color start taskbar grayed out

4. windows 10 start screen greyed out,
  5. why is power icon grayed out