Windows 10: Windows 10 - some texts in pre-installed Windows Apps are displaying as white boxes when...

Discus and support Windows 10 - some texts in pre-installed Windows Apps are displaying as white boxes when... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Apps display text normally, but when I try to interact with them, the text renders as white boxes and I don't know what is written under it. Before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CzmeleN, Dec 18, 2018.

1. CzmeleN Win User

Windows 10 - some texts in pre-installed Windows Apps are displaying as white boxes when...

Apps display text normally, but when I try to interact with them, the text renders as white boxes and I don't know what is written under it.

Before clicking:

Windows 10 - some texts in pre-installed Windows Apps are displaying as white boxes when... dbb32732-37b4-43d1-b3d6-dbcd6522e02b?upload=true.png

After clicking/moving mouse over text box:

Windows 10 - some texts in pre-installed Windows Apps are displaying as white boxes when... 0b193d5e-121d-4862-9c5e-214df7983bd5?upload=true.png This was in print option from Windows Gallery, but it also happens in other apps, some examples:

Windows 10 - some texts in pre-installed Windows Apps are displaying as white boxes when... ca58d0c8-a3b1-4707-b113-b4c6a898aaa5?upload=true.png

Windows 10 - some texts in pre-installed Windows Apps are displaying as white boxes when... 9cd1b776-19cc-4838-bafc-61d45399c226?upload=true.png Windows 10 - some texts in pre-installed Windows Apps are displaying as white boxes when... f7e3ca4a-fee0-48ae-b55b-0f7dd79775e4?upload=true.png

Windows 10 - some texts in pre-installed Windows Apps are displaying as white boxes when... db2a7f4f-b406-4db1-80e3-1542e6f26efd?upload=true.png
    This have been happening for some time recently (a few months), but I haven't really needed any of these apps. And this also happens in some ones downloaded from the Microsoft Store, they probably use the same content boxes.

:)

CzmeleN, Dec 18, 2018

2. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Windows 10 - some texts in pre-installed Windows Apps are displaying as white boxes when...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - some texts in pre-installed Windows Apps are displaying as white boxes when...

1. Windows 10 - some texts in pre-installed Windows Apps are displaying as white boxes when... - Similar Threads - texts pre installed

2. No Pre-installed apps on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Pre-installed apps on windows: When I formatted my laptop first of all window get deleted then after many trials window came back but it start showing window is not activated..Now after that, there are no windows default apps like Microsoft store, window media player, defender, etc etc.Please tell me how...
  3. No Pre-installed apps on windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Pre-installed apps on windows: When I formatted my laptop first of all window get deleted then after many trials window came back but it start showing window is not activated..Now after that, there are no windows default apps like Microsoft store, window media player, defender, etc etc.Please tell me how...
  4. No Pre-installed apps on windows

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Windows System Apps freezes upon a text keyboard input; some Microsoft pre installed apps...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows System Apps freezes upon a text keyboard input; some Microsoft pre installed apps...: A few days ago I decided to scan my computer off virus infections through deep scan. Every windows system app was working fine before except for this annoying shortcut creating virus which has creates some shortcut on almost every internal or external disk readable by the...
  6. Why some text Unicode Character display as square box?

in Cortana
    Why some text Unicode Character display as square box?: when i type some text like "" in windows 10, it display as square box while android does not, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-some-text-unicode-character-display-as-square/50573790-e2f4-4dae-857c-d9a284b74af4
  7. Alot of problems with pre-installed Windows 10 apps and some W10 features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alot of problems with pre-installed Windows 10 apps and some W10 features: Almost all of pre-installed W10 apps aren't starting for me . Some of them are "updating" while some of them "can't open". When I tried to reset them, it would not work and it would just load. But as of yesterday it started working again when i tried reseting them, I've reset...
  8. white box between text

white box between text: There is a weird white box between my time on Windows 10, it is between my time, it is replacing the : symbol. Does anyone know how to help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-box-between-text/79abd619-26f5-4ba9-8a1f-b4a715e7d61d
  9. Some text not displayed

Some text not displayed: Hello, I have some very disturbing issue recently. Some text is not displayed on the screen. This seems to happen randomly, in many applications, dialog windows, context menus etc. Please help....
  10. Windows 10 display gone black with white and green text

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 display gone black with white and green text: Hello As they say, a picture says it better. Would anyone be able to help. I tried to search for new drivers but it said we had the right ones... thanks [img] 93028