Windows 10: Windows 10 sometimes boots sometimes does not on SSD.

Discus and support Windows 10 sometimes boots sometimes does not on SSD. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Used MediaCreationTool2004 on a Verbatim 8gb USB. Someone asked me to fix a laptop which has problems booting. At first, when turned on it gave me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobfrominternet, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 sometimes boots sometimes does not on SSD.

Used MediaCreationTool2004 on a Verbatim 8gb USB.

Someone asked me to fix a laptop which has problems booting.

At first, when turned on it gave me the 0x0000185 error. I tried booting from the EFI file which booted the system properly.
    So I went on and copied user's pictures and videos and went on to format the SSD.
    Once formatted it started booting properly without any errors tried restarting a couple of times and everything was still booting fine.
    It is when I used force shut down as a test, then the errors came back but this time it was either one of :

0x0000185
    "No bootable device found"
    Hard Drive 3F0 error from HP
    or it would boot normally ( rare )

However, whenever I boot the EFI file from the F9 menu it's still booting properly.
    Is it that the force shutdown damages the booting partition and it needs to be repaired / recreated every time?

:)

bobfrominternet, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Unable to boot Windows after cloning it to SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting the PC after cloning Windows to new SSD. I would like to know what happens when you try to boot the PC to desktop using SSD?

The reason you are not able to boot the PC is that the files required to boot Windows are still recognizing the HDD as the main drive. I would suggest you to try rebuilding the BCD files and see if you are able to boot the PC using
    SSD.

Kindly follow the steps below to rebuild the BCD.

1. Create a bootable media and boot the PC using the media.
    2. On the Install Windows screen, select Next >
      Repair your computer.
    3. On the System Recovery Options screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
    4. Now type in the commands and hit enter: BOOTREC /FIXMBR

BOOTREC /FIXBOOT

BOOTREC /scanos

BOOTREC /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10 sometimes boots sometimes does not on SSD.

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 sometimes boots sometimes does not on SSD.

1. Windows 10 sometimes boots sometimes does not on SSD. - Similar Threads - sometimes boots sometimes

2. Windows 10 doesn’t boot sometimes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 doesn’t boot sometimes.: Hello,I have windows 10 home clean installed. The issue i am facing is that when i fire up my laptop it doesn’t boot the windows instead it shows blank screen until i cut the power and turn it back on. Though, Rarely it sometimes will not boot in a row or three. It is now...
  3. Windows 10 doesn’t boot sometimes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 doesn’t boot sometimes.: Hello,I have windows 10 home clean installed. The issue i am facing is that when i fire up my laptop it doesn’t boot the windows instead it shows blank screen until i cut the power and turn it back on. Though, Rarely it sometimes will not boot in a row or three. It is now...
  4. Windows 10 doesn’t boot sometimes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly: Greetings mates.Directly getting to point...So, the problem is, my Windows 10 all updates installed as on 28 March 2022, i.e. today sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly, these variances are indefinite, they happen randomly. I have an SSDCase 1: sometimes my pc...
  6. Windows sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly: Greetings mates.Directly getting to point...So, the problem is, my Windows 10 all updates installed as on 28 March 2022, i.e. today sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly, these variances are indefinite, they happen randomly. I have an SSDCase 1: sometimes my pc...
  7. Windows sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. After SSD upgrade, sometimes it boots into black screen. Windows 10

After SSD upgrade, sometimes it boots into black screen. Windows 10: About 1 week ago, I upgraded my HP Pavilion x360 2018 from a HDD to a SSD. It worked fine the first couple of days, then 1 day, when I kept my computer to sleep, I turned it on again and I put in my PIN like usual. Then it said Welcome, for about 1 minute and I was wondering...
  9. [HELP] ssd Boot times sometime longer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] ssd Boot times sometime longer: Usual I have this boot time: 13.5 seconds. But sometimes my pc needs 20.4 seconds. I got these times from the bios time in the task manager. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? submitted by /u/ExistingBranch [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows 10 sometimes won't boot

Windows 10 sometimes won't boot: I have an Asus GL502VM laptop with dual boot (Ubuntu and W10). When I turn on the pc it shows Ubuntu's GRUB, where I choose to boot W10. The problem is the following, one time it boots properly and the following it doesn't. When it doesn't boot it shows the monitor on, but...