Windows 10: Windows 10 sometimes takes forever to startup + rare random freezes

Discus and support Windows 10 sometimes takes forever to startup + rare random freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have had many problems with this computer. Before I reinstalled Windows 10 on it, it had near constant BSODs which sometime would then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JayHD_123, Sep 1, 2021.

1. JayHD_123 Win User

Windows 10 sometimes takes forever to startup + rare random freezes

Hello, I have had many problems with this computer. Before I reinstalled Windows 10 on it, it had near constant BSODs which sometime would then mysteriously go away for a few months and come back. BSODs were memory management and system exception and such, multiple reasons for BSOD. Now, after the reinstall, it sometimes takes forever to startup. I waited 10 minutes and it still won't startup so I just force it off and on until it does start up. Sometimes, it would also just randomly freeze and I can't do anything until I force power it off. Thanks.System specs;:Edition Windows 10 Pro Version

:)

JayHD_123, Sep 1, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 1, 2021
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    Windows 10 (Pro 64bit) randomly freezes

Thank you for the information, Neil. To address your concern regarding the random freezes that's happening on your computer, we suggest performing the steps below, and check if the experience will be the same:

• Sign in using an administrator account in your Windows 10 computer.
    • Disable or uninstall any anti-virus that you've installed to prevent it from interfering with the upgrade to Windows 10.
    • Reinstall Windows 10.

Let us know the outcome of the troubleshooting procedure for us to assist you further.

Ralph Sta, Sep 1, 2021
  4. Windows 10 sometimes takes forever to startup + rare random freezes

Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Sep 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 sometimes takes forever to startup + rare random freezes

1. Windows 10 sometimes takes forever to startup + rare random freezes - Similar Threads - sometimes takes forever

2. Roblox takes forever to load and freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox takes forever to load and freezes: Hello. As the title says, my Roblox has been taking forever to load, and has been freezing. My PC has a Core I7-10700 CPU, GTX 1660TI GPU, 64 GBs of RAM, 2TBs SSD, 1 TB HDD, and Ziply FIber gig speed internet, which I'm connect via ethernet. My Roblox has been working fine a...
  3. Roblox takes forever to load and freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roblox takes forever to load and freezes: Hello. As the title says, my Roblox has been taking forever to load, and has been freezing. My PC has a Core I7-10700 CPU, GTX 1660TI GPU, 64 GBs of RAM, 2TBs SSD, 1 TB HDD, and Ziply FIber gig speed internet, which I'm connect via ethernet. My Roblox has been working fine a...
  4. Computer taking forever to load on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer taking forever to load on startup: Whenever I turn on my computer or restart it, it takes forever to load, and when I do finally get to my desktop, I have to wait another 5 or so minutes to be able to do anything.My brother has the exact same PC as me, but it never happens to him.Does anyone know why this...
  5. Computer taking forever to load on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer taking forever to load on startup: Whenever I turn on my computer or restart it, it takes forever to load, and when I do finally get to my desktop, I have to wait another 5 or so minutes to be able to do anything.My brother has the exact same PC as me, but it never happens to him.Does anyone know why this...
  6. Computer taking forever to load on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Taskbar Takes Forever to Load on Startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Takes Forever to Load on Startup: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bxdweather [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ky6nrf/taskbar_takes_forever_to_load_on_startup/
  8. Laptop freezes randomly sometimes and requires a restart, but rarely when playing some games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes randomly sometimes and requires a restart, but rarely when playing some games: Hi I've had this issue that appeared with my laptop a while ago now and I've tried to fix it but have ended up just living with it really. Hopefully one of you will be able to help. At seemingly random times and seemingly randomly often, my laptop will crash. This crash is...
  9. Windows 10 Taking almost "FOREVER" to startup - how to diagnose?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Taking almost "FOREVER" to startup - how to diagnose?: So..... Ihave been using Windows 10 a long while and recently "something" happened. It occurred after trying to install and uninstall AVIRA antivirus. Now, when starting Windows, the spinning dots appear for several hours before the system comes live to login. OK, maybe less...
  10. Startup takes forever.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup takes forever.: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and since then my PC (HP Envy i7) takes approximately 5 hours to boot. This really is frustrating. Please assist in resolving this issue. 37156