Windows 10: Windows 10, Sony Bravia. Casting problems. Casting works and almost immediately quits

Discus and support Windows 10, Sony Bravia. Casting problems. Casting works and almost immediately quits in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cast successfully from several browsers with a laptop and Windows 10 to a Sony Bravia. When I use Windows file explorer, right click on a wmv movie... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SteveT8, Apr 25, 2019.

1. SteveT8 Win User

Windows 10, Sony Bravia. Casting problems. Casting works and almost immediately quits

I cast successfully from several browsers with a laptop and Windows 10 to a Sony Bravia. When I use Windows file explorer, right click on a wmv movie file it connects, starts the movie (real player), and immediately quits and the Sony disconnects. It seems to work fine displaying picture files but not movies. It has worked in the past and I haven't messed with anything to screw it up as far as I know. What can I try? Thanks

:)

SteveT8, Apr 25, 2019

2. All Videos cast to device (Bravia KD-49X8500B) not working

I have same issue on both laptop and mobile with latest update installed.

Both working fine with the last update and looks like latest update messed up with cast to device.

There is no issue with my network as I can easily control my bravia with Bravia Connect using both Laptop and Mobile

PC issue:

Laptop showing cast to device and my sony bravia detected, but when I try to play on device than it won't play.

And if it plays than it's only audio without video and after sometimes it stops.

The audio means mp3 works fine on cast to device.

Video :

1. Won't play at all.

2. Play without sound and stops after sometime.

Audio :

1. Works fine but takes time to cast

Windows 10 Mobile Issue:

1. Cast to device won't detect any device at all.

2. Lumia play to has same issue as PC.

SachinGamit, Apr 25, 2019
  3. GoPo1231 Win User
    Right Click cast to device not working

I'm having the same problem casting video to my Sony Bravia after the update of 15/3/2017. However, I can cast photos to the TV, so the device is setup properly. Cast to device from Microsoft Edge seemed to make the connection OK, the TV screen went
    black, but video never appeared and the TV reset.

GoPo1231, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10, Sony Bravia. Casting problems. Casting works and almost immediately quits

cast to device not working

I was easily playing videos to my Sony Bravia Smart TV by right click and selecting play to option in Windows 8 but now in Windows 10 when I right click and select Cast To Device I'm unable to play videos, Dear Microsoft Support please fix it as soon as
    possible.

Pravesh-Mathema, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10, Sony Bravia. Casting problems. Casting works and almost immediately quits

1. Windows 10, Sony Bravia. Casting problems. Casting works and almost immediately quits - Similar Threads - Sony Bravia Casting

2. Cast to device not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cast to device not working: Hi everyone, I have HP laptop that runs Windows 11 and supports miracast, and Microsoft Surface GO 2 that runs on Windows 10 and also supports miracast. I've shared screen from my HP laptop to the Surface before, and it has been working fine. However, now it says that...
  3. Problem with Cast to Device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with Cast to Device: When I use Google Chrome I can Cast and it finds my smart TV. When I try to "Cast to Device" to try to cast a video file my TV does NOT show up as a device. I am surprised that it works through Chrome but not through File Explorer. Is this a bug? submitted by...
  4. Cast to Windows 10

Cast to Windows 10: Any way to cast to Windows 10 from android ? I don't mean show the whole android screen I mean if I press the cast button I only send the video submitted by /u/SVRDirector [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ldm8vl/cast_to_windows_10/
  5. Casting.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Casting.: My computer has been changed to NBN. Normally I do not have a problem casting from my PC to my TV. Normally a message would say casting to Family Room no2.. The appropriate Wi-Fi connect password was recognised. Today when I wanted to cast to "Stan" I received a message...
  6. "Cast to device" Problems

"Cast to device" Problems: Sometimes I try to cast from my Win 10 laptop to my LG TV and the cast menu shows my tv and I click on it, my laptop goes black and the movie plays on the TV with good audio. Great. Other times, I go to cast and I see my tv listed in the "cast to device" menu twice. If I...
  7. Cast to Device problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cast to Device problem: Not sure if it's due to a recent update or something else, but my Cast To Device is not working for all videos. Some videos I have downloaded will play with no problem and others I just get a connecting to device message and then it just tries to connect, but never does. Then...
  8. Cast to Device is not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cast to Device is not working in Windows 10: Today we are going to talk about the most basic and most used feature in Windows 10. Casting display on devices is one of the […] This article Cast to Device is not working in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. "Cast To" Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Cast To" Problem: I use this every weekend for my great granddaughter, to sleep with at night, but have experienced some strange problem. Most of her movies will play but then there are some that do not play and says "unexpected device error". I have checked the properties of the ones that do...
  10. cast to device not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cast to device not working: Since i got the windows 10 upgrade i can't cast to my Xbox one or smart tv it finds the devices but it doesn't load up. 10808

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sony bravia casting windows 10

2. issues casting iphone to sony tv