Windows 10: windows 10 sort file by name in File Explorer error

Discus and support windows 10 sort file by name in File Explorer error in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; windows 10 sort file by name in File Explorer error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by realxie, Sep 17, 2022.

1. realxie Win User

windows 10 sort file by name in File Explorer error

:)

realxie, Sep 17, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 17, 2022
  3. cereberus Win User
    Sorting with File Explorer.

I tried the method that was complicated (3rd option) but fell over in second step as I could not find any "apply to folder button"'.

However, the simple put *.* in search bar, then sort results windows by date does the trick. It is slightly cumbersome as I have to do that each time I am selecting files (to upload to sharepoint) but a lot less hassle than I was having to scroll up and down between sorted file block and sorted folder block.

Many thanks.

M.

cereberus, Sep 17, 2022
  4. windows 10 sort file by name in File Explorer error

File Explorer - Auto Sort

In previous versions of Windows when I renamed a file, File Explorer resorted the file list so that the file you renamed appeared in the proper location based on your sort settings. In my case sorted by name.

This in no longer happening in Windows 10. When you rename the file it just stays in the previous location until you manually tell File Explorer to resort.

Can I get this functionality back?

MichaelMantkowski, Sep 17, 2022
Thema:

1. windows 10 sort file by name in File Explorer error - Similar Threads - sort file name

2. windows 10 sort file by name in File Explorer error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 sort file by name in File Explorer error: windows 10 sort file by name in File Explorer error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sort-file-by-name-in-file-explorer/92df0e30-3c51-4aad-9cb4-100c4b2c2293
  3. windows 10 sort file by name in File Explorer error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 sort file by name in File Explorer error: windows 10 sort file by name in File Explorer error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sort-file-by-name-in-file-explorer/92df0e30-3c51-4aad-9cb4-100c4b2c2293
  4. Sort file explorer, by name, back to front

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sort file explorer, by name, back to front: Is there a way, to sort inside the file explorer, by name, right to left?EG:Input: Delta-2222; Alpha-3333; Charlie-4444; Beta-1111Sort by name: Alpha-3333; Beta-1111; Charlie-4444; Delta-2222Desired sorting: Beta-1111; Delta-2222; Alpha-3333; Charlie-4444...
  5. Sort file explorer, by name, back to front

Sort file explorer, by name, back to front: Is there a way, to sort inside the file explorer, by name, right to left?EG:Input: Delta-2222; Alpha-3333; Charlie-4444; Beta-1111Sort by name: Alpha-3333; Beta-1111; Charlie-4444; Delta-2222Desired sorting: Beta-1111; Delta-2222; Alpha-3333; Charlie-4444...
  6. Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10

Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10: Files are sorted ascending by name, but shown in a weird way: 07<digit> files are below 08<letter> files though 07<letter> files are above 08<letter ones>.Is it possible to sort files which names start with numbers in a real alphabetical order?Thanks,Boris...
  7. Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10: Files are sorted ascending by name, but shown in a weird way: 07<digit> files are below 08<letter> files though 07<letter> files are above 08<letter ones>.Is it possible to sort files which names start with numbers in a real alphabetical order?Thanks,Boris...
  8. Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10

9. File Explorer Sorting

File Explorer Sorting: I have one folder in File Explorer that sorts by 0 -9, A-H, I-P, Q-Z. All other folders sort by folders are on the top, files on the bottom, sorted by alpha. How do I change so it's sorted by folders, files in alpha? Thanks....
  10. Sorting with File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sorting with File Explorer.: Just been doing a job for a client and got frustrated. Been downloading many files and folders and wanted to sort by date order. FE sorts files by date and folders by date but sorts them separately so I had to keep scrolling up and down. I want it like below:- Name Date...