Windows 10: Windows 10 sort files in folder for more attributes

Discus and support Windows 10 sort files in folder for more attributes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'd like to know if there is a feature in Windows 10 that allows the user to sort files using multiple attributes: I have folders full of photos taken... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndreaGemmani, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 sort files in folder for more attributes

I'd like to know if there is a feature in Windows 10 that allows the user to sort files using multiple attributes: I have folders full of photos taken with different cameras that show the date they were taken at different attributes; dates could be stored as

- last Modified
    - last Acquisition
    - last Creation

I'd like to sort them using some kind of algorithm that checks if the default attributes it should be sorted by exists for the current file, and if it doesn't, another attributes will be used for that file as default, like
    ```
    sortFolderWithOptionssortAttribute1,sortAttribute2,... {
    /* every file gets a default attributes to be sorted by */
    arraySortAttributes = ArrayFolder.fileLenght.fillsortAttribute1;
    fori = 0, i < Folder.fileLenght, i++ {
    /* but if the default sort attribute for this file is missing, the next sort attribute is used instead, for this file */
    ifFolder.file.sortAttribute1 == null arraySortAttributes = sortAttribute2;
    }
    /* using default Windows Folder sorting algorithm */
    defaultWndowsSortFolderarraySortType;
    }

sortFolderWithOptionslastAcquisition,lastCreation;
    ```
    If nothing like this exist for Windows, is there a way to make this sort anyway or change file data quickly for a large amount of files not manually?

:)

AndreaGemmani, Jan 27, 2020

2. changing file and folder attributes

Continuing the theme of changing attributes....
    i now realise that certain file attributes can’t be user defund, as they are read only....
    But it seems gilders are even worse.....I have 12 folders January to December.......but windows list these alphabetically......such that April is first followed by August.

cant see any way of changing the sort order, although there may be a way to sort by an attribute, but it seems that It is NOT possible to assign ANY folder attributes......nothing much has changed in this matter since XP....

unless anyone one knows differently

reddwarf4ever, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 27, 2020
  4. gvm7777 Win User

Windows 10 sort files in folder for more attributes

sort folders and files in explorer

In explorer and windows 7, I would see the folders at the top of the list and they would be followed by the files with the least recent file appearing at the bottom of the list. It seemed to be the default setting in windows 7.

But I can't replicate that appearance with windows 10. The following post seems relevant but doesn't provide me the answer: Possibility to sort files by multiple attributes under windows 7

TIA ... Greg

gvm7777, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 sort files in folder for more attributes

1. Windows 10 sort files in folder for more attributes - Similar Threads - sort files folder

2. file/folder sort order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file/folder sort order: win 10 file explorer sort order by date is always folders first.i prefer order by date, regardless of folder, shortcut or file...OR folders last, by datei think there is a date column select, then a secondary SHIFT column select... but.... i cant find it...
  3. Folder attributes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder attributes: Need to be able to easily add/change attributes, e.g selecting a bunch of files and being able to say what week or semester they are in, saves having to create daunting folder structures...
  4. How can I add more attribute to the file

How can I add more attribute to the file: Hi, I have scanned documents as PDF file, and I want to add more attributes to its properties to fill them up, such as my Name, Id, phone, Email etc.. the purpose I want in the future make searching easier for me to find the files quickly Example Picture, it is great...
  5. Windows 10 folder attribute

Windows 10 folder attribute: What does it mean between A no mark B square mark and C V mark in Windows 10 folder attribute "read only only applies to files in folder"? I ask this because I see that all my folders has B, and every time I try to do A or C it always coming back to B. I've googled it...
  6. Change hidden files/folders attribute for individual files or folders

Change hidden files/folders attribute for individual files or folders: Ref previous article at: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/cannot-change-view-hidden-files-for-a-specific/d362a9a3-07cd-47af-8e97-6ae4a124c29a Issue: The folder attribute "show hidden files and folders" in the folder view options is,...
  7. changing file and folder attributes

in Windows 10 Support
    changing file and folder attributes: Hi I have a large number of photos i need to tag, want to use the properties attributes, is there any way of changing the Location attribute, maybe an application ? Title & Subjest were easy....... Thanks 132033
  8. Folder Attribution

Folder Attribution: How shall I remove the "Read Only' attribution from a folder / file in Win 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-attribution/fa83146a-1157-47ea-9f3e-71fd42f9446c"
  9. Set or Unset Hidden Attribute of Files and Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set or Unset Hidden Attribute of Files and Folders in Windows 10: How to: Set or Unset Hidden Attribute of Files and Folders in Windows 10 How to Set or Unset Hidden Attribute of Files and Folders in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can set or clear the hidden attribute for files and folders to hide or unhide them....
  10. Sort Files in folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort Files in folders: Win 10 won't let me move photo files in a folder. Help please*Mad 51885