Windows 10: Windows 10 - sort folders & files Swedish alphabet

Discus and support Windows 10 - sort folders & files Swedish alphabet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I sort folders and files alphabetically all items that start with the Swedish letters å, ä and ö the last three letters in the Swedish alphabet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarianneD, Apr 12, 2021.

1. MarianneD Win User

Windows 10 - sort folders & files Swedish alphabet

When I sort folders and files alphabetically all items that start with the Swedish letters å, ä and ö the last three letters in the Swedish alphabet end up sorted a either 'a' å & ä or 'o' ö.

How can I change this so they are sorted correctly?

I assume the same problem applies for the Danish, Norwegian, Finnish and Icelandic alphabet.

:)

MarianneD, Apr 12, 2021
  2. MarianneD Win User

When I sort folders and files alphabetically all items that start with the Swedish letters å, ä and ö (the last three letters in the Swedish alphabet) end up sorted a either 'a' (å & ä) or 'o' (ö).

How can I change this so they are sorted correctly?

MarianneD, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Suman_B Win User

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand the inconvenience of Sorting folders & files in Swedish alphabets. We reproduced the issue on lab machine and found the same result.

This is a design limitation and you have provided a very valuable idea, which we appreciate. However, we would like you to provide the feedback on the

Feedback Hub
    and send us the URL of the feedback. This will be helpful for the developers to enhance our products and add more functionality in the future updates

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, Apr 12, 2021
  4. MarianneD Win User

I'm not quite sure I understand; would you like me to post my issue to the Feedback Hub on Facebook?

MarianneD, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - sort folders & files Swedish alphabet - Similar Threads - sort folders files

2. Change the alphabetical order for sorting folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the alphabetical order for sorting folders: Hi y'allIs it possible to change the alphabetical order a folder is sorted?Currently it sorts like:ABCD etc.What I need is a way to change the order like:DABC etc. If it isn't possible natively, could it be done by a custom desktop.ini file? Or would I need another file...
  3. Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10: Files are sorted ascending by name, but shown in a weird way: 07<digit> files are below 08<letter> files though 07<letter> files are above 08<letter ones>.Is it possible to sort files which names start with numbers in a real alphabetical order?Thanks,Boris...
  4. Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10: Files are sorted ascending by name, but shown in a weird way: 07<digit> files are below 08<letter> files though 07<letter> files are above 08<letter ones>.Is it possible to sort files which names start with numbers in a real alphabetical order?Thanks,Boris...
  5. Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Alphabetical File Sorting Issue??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alphabetical File Sorting Issue??: [ATTACH] I have my game shortcuts all in one folder, and when it comes to games with sequels or expansions, the sequels are always listed before the original. I would imagine that in the case of Bioshock, Bioshock 2 and Bioshock Infinite, they would be in that order. But...
  7. Sort files and folders of different type alphabetically

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort files and folders of different type alphabetically: Is there a way of sorting different types and folders alphabetically together in a folder? For example :- Folder Name A PDF Name A Folder Name B PDF Name B At the moment W10 would sort these as,even though I have only checked name in the sort by field :- Folder Name A...
  8. File explorer sorts my folders in documents alphabetically

File explorer sorts my folders in documents alphabetically: but I don't want them to be split into 3 columns of A-H, I-P and Q-Z. I want them to be in one list without being divided up. It isn't necessary in my book anyway!. Thanks for any help....
  9. Windows 10 File Manager - Need To Sort Alphabetically But Not Group Files And Folders...

Windows 10 File Manager - Need To Sort Alphabetically But Not Group Files And Folders...: The file manager has always grouped folders separately from the files. If you sort by Name > Ascending, folders are always grouped together and then sorted alphabetically and then repeats this for any files, but the two never mix. You end up with: Folder A, Folder B, Folder...
  10. Windows 10 - sort folders & files Swedish alphabet

Windows 10 - sort folders & files Swedish alphabet: When I sort folders and files alphabetically all items that start with the Swedish letters å, ä and ö (the last three letters in the Swedish alphabet) end up sorted a either 'a' (å & ä) or 'o' (ö). How can I change this so they are sorted correctly?...