Windows 10: Windows 10 - Sound change when entering calls

Discus and support Windows 10 - Sound change when entering calls in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I've recently noticed that whenever I'm entering a call on windows, whether it be on Facebook, Teams, Discord or skype, the overall system sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by thelegost, Oct 8, 2020.

1. thelegost Win User

Windows 10 - Sound change when entering calls

Hi,

I've recently noticed that whenever I'm entering a call on windows, whether it be on Facebook, Teams, Discord or skype, the overall system sound is changing. It's changing in the sense that I get almost no bass anymore and mediums are boosted for voice amplification I guess.

I would like to know if there is any way to disable that automatic sound modification. Indeed, although this is not annoying during regular calls where no other sound is playing, it is pretty annoying during a game.

:)

thelegost, Oct 8, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Windows 10 - Sound change when entering calls :p

cadaveca, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - Sound change when entering calls

How to change Windows starting sound in Win7?

Right click on your desktop then from the list choose Personalise and this window should open.

Windows 10 - Sound change when entering calls 12345.jpg

If you look at the bottom of my pic you should see the windows sounds option, I have put a red circle round this in the pic.

Click on sounds and another box will load and here you should have the option to change the startup sound.

Windows 10 - Sound change when entering calls 123.jpg

You can choose you own sound by using the browse button.

You can also use the dropdown list to set a windows sound and this should not effect any other sounds as far as i remember.

animal007uk, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Sound change when entering calls

1. Windows 10 - Sound change when entering calls - Similar Threads - Sound change entering

2. Sound changes from stereo to mono when entering a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound changes from stereo to mono when entering a game: Hello thereI have experienced that when I enter a game e.g. Counter-strike the sound change from stereo to mono. I am aware of all the typical fixes such as setting sound from mono to stereo in audio settings. It isnt working. I was wondering if I can force audio to play as...
  3. Sound changes from stereo to mono when entering a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound changes from stereo to mono when entering a game: Hello thereI have experienced that when I enter a game e.g. Counter-strike the sound change from stereo to mono. I am aware of all the typical fixes such as setting sound from mono to stereo in audio settings. It isnt working. I was wondering if I can force audio to play as...
  4. Sound changes from stereo to mono when entering a game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sound Quality Drops When Entering A Call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Quality Drops When Entering A Call: So I noticed that my sound quality drops so much that everything on my computer is almost impossible to hear when I enter a call. It wasn't anything to do with audio levels changing, just quality dropping. At first I thought it had something to do with Bluetooth switching...
  6. Sound Quality Drops When Entering A Call

Sound Quality Drops When Entering A Call: So I noticed that my sound quality drops so much that everything on my computer is almost impossible to hear when I enter a call. It wasn't anything to do with audio levels changing, just quality dropping. At first I thought it had something to do with Bluetooth switching...
  7. Audio and Sounds when in call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio and Sounds when in call: When im not in a call the sounds are fine but when im in a call like gmeet, zoom, messenger call/video call, and gamesThat you can open mic the sounds are gone but i can hear the voices, i still can hear what theyre saying, but the music is gone and in the video games like...
  8. Audio and Sounds when in call

Audio and Sounds when in call: When im not in a call the sounds are fine but when im in a call like gmeet, zoom, messenger call/video call, and gamesThat you can open mic the sounds are gone but i can hear the voices, i still can hear what theyre saying, but the music is gone and in the video games like...
  9. Sound when entering password at windows startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sound when entering password at windows startup: My husband's Dell Inspirion laptop started making what I think is a system sound - like a chirp or squeak, not a beep - when he begins typing his password to log on to Windows 10. It only happens then. Would like to remove that sound, if possible. Not finding any similar...
  10. Sound when entering password at windows startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound when entering password at windows startup: My husband's Dell Inspirion laptop started making what I think is a system sound - like a chirp or squeak, not a beep - when he begins typing his password to log on to Windows 10. It only happens then. Would like to remove that sound, if possible. Not finding any similar...