Windows 10: Windows 10 sound doesn't switch to bluetooth headphones

Discus and support Windows 10 sound doesn't switch to bluetooth headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I am having trouble with connecting to my bluetooth headphones. They work fine when I am on a video conference. However, when I try to watch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by denizceylan, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 sound doesn't switch to bluetooth headphones

Hi there, I am having trouble with connecting to my bluetooth headphones. They work fine when I am on a video conference. However, when I try to watch something online the sound comes from my laptop's speakers and not from the headphones even though are connected and selected as the output device. I have tried updating and reinstalling the drivers but no luck. I can't get the audio to switch to my headphones. I would love some help.

:)

denizceylan, Oct 24, 2020
  2. gordon99 Win User

Bluetooth headphone sound volume keeps changing.

I have a relatively new Bluetooth Pulse Echo headphone set and an Acer Aspire 3 notebook that has Windows 10 O/S. When I use the headphones with the notebook in wireless mode the sound volume alternates between normal and very low. I have run Windows Bluetooth fault finder and disabled sound enhancements to no effect. The headphones work fine in conjunction with my iPad however.
    Could anyone suggest a solution for this problem please?

gordon99, Oct 24, 2020
  3. caperjack Win User
    bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Windows 10 sound doesn't switch to bluetooth headphones

Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Don. - Not Headphone Compatible on Windows 10?

Windows 10 version 1903

Short story: Our Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Dongle was used on a different PC running Windows 7 to connect headphones with good-quality sound. Now, on a Dell Inspiron 580 with Windows 10, we can't get the headphones to work with the same quality anymore.

Depth: All Windows drivers are downloadable on this page of Iogear's website: Product Drivers, Firmware & Software - IOGEAR
    However, it appears as though the Windows 8/8.1/10 driver is really designed for 8 and 8.1 and not 10. That I conclude because the file name, "GBU521_GBU421_Win8_Win8.1_BT_v12.0.0.9980.zip", does not mention Windows 10, thus suggesting my bluetooth audio problems to be originating from a driver compatibility issue.

I've fiddled my life away with the following:
    • WinKey+R / "control panel" / Devices and Printer / (Insert Headphone Name) Properties / Services
    • Start / Settings / Devices / Audio
    • Start / Settings / System / Sound / Output / Troubleshoot
    • Settings within the Iogear bluetooth devices program, which comes with the driver on the aforementioned driver page.
    And have gone through many settings that branch off this list, restarting the computer after each change made. Sometimes it connect with good sound quality, but does not retain this quality after breaking the bluetooth connection (turning the headphones off, restarting PC).

Quick side note: I have a new Microsoft Bluetooth 3600 Mouse connected to this dongle that works completely fine, unlike the headphones.

A solution requires the following results, which goes along the lines of how the bluetooth headphones were connected to this same Iogear dongle on the different PC that had Windows 7:
    • The bluetooth headphones play with decent quality
    • The volume retains it's setting whenever the bluetooth connection is broken by a PC restart, or powering off/on the headphones (I've encountered configurations where the headphones always resets to maximum volume).
    • The bluetooth mouse works fine. This shouldn't be much of a concern at all.
    If we find no solutions, I will simply buy a dongle that works with Windows 10.

I can provide screenshots if needed.
    Thank-you.

ivangoabby, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 sound doesn't switch to bluetooth headphones

1. Windows 10 sound doesn't switch to bluetooth headphones - Similar Threads - sound doesn't switch

2. the problem with the sound in Bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the problem with the sound in Bluetooth headphones: hello, when I start recording the screen via alt+z or go into the voice channels in the discord and some other applications, the sound in bluetooth headphones is distorted to terrible quality, but if I do the same thing in wired headphones, then everything is fine, I tried...
  3. No sound on bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on bluetooth headphones: So, I have this "Generic Bluetooth Radio", it worked fine yesterday, but, today it just stopped working completely! It connects, disconnects, turns off and on - but it doesn't translate sounds to my headphones....
  4. No sound on bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on bluetooth headphones: So, I have this "Generic Bluetooth Radio", it worked fine yesterday, but, today it just stopped working completely! It connects, disconnects, turns off and on - but it doesn't translate sounds to my headphones....
  5. Bluetooth not switching audio to headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth not switching audio to headphones: When I connect to BT headphones, 3 different ones, the audio does not change from speakers to headphones, though the volume control shows it is controlling the HP. This just began to occur about a week ago for no apparent reason. I have tried many fixes, to no avail. Finally...
  6. Bluetooth not switching audio to headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth not switching audio to headphones: When I connect to BT headphones, 3 different ones, the audio does not change from speakers to headphones, though the volume control shows it is controlling the HP. This just began to occur about a week ago for no apparent reason. I have tried many fixes, to no avail. Finally...
  7. Bluetooth not switching audio to headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Bluetooth Headphones Connected but no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphones Connected but no sound: So I have a Asus Vivobook and recently I have been facing a problem where whenever I connected my Bluetooth headphones its just says paring and it actually does not connect so for that I have to go to setting and sue the Bluetooth troubleshoot to fix it but after a while...
  9. Windows doesn't switch headphones when plugged in

Windows doesn't switch headphones when plugged in: Good evening folks! In these days I've been facing a quite annoying problem with Windows; when I plug the headphones Windows doesn't recognize it but if I reboot with the headphones plugged in it works. I've noticed that the Mixer applet groups Speakers and Headphones...
  10. Bluetooth Headphone No Sound

Bluetooth Headphone No Sound: Have tried all suggestions these pages, Realtech Sound system installed. Headphones worked with Windows 8 but since updating to windows 10 no sound. Is there a Windows 10 FIX or can windows 8 be reinstalled from somewhere....