Windows 10: Windows 10 Sound Freeze

Discus and support Windows 10 Sound Freeze in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'am experiencing a very strange problem with windows 10 audio. The problem arises after updating windows to fall creators update which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Doomelectro, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Sound Freeze

Hello,

I'am experiencing a very strange problem with windows 10 audio. The problem arises after updating windows to fall creators update which is version 1709. So the problem is the audio is randomly freeze sometimes with huge buzzing sound which completely mute my audio and turns back normal in 1-2 seconds.

This happens mostly when i use some other sound with currently running sound say i'am playing game and some popup shows which has sound and my sound got freeze with that buzzing sound and turns normal after a short interval of mute or i'am in game and someone use mic and sound froze or i'am listening songs and something else came like some popup notification sound or other sound.

I noticed my apps are running fine in these situations but only sound is the problem for me. I'am using windows 10 from the beginning and this problem came after updating to 1709 version till now 1809 version. Things i already tried : reinstalling audio drivers (completely), reinstall fresh windows 10 so many times, disabling enhancements etc. Please if anyone knows how to fix this problem. I tried almost everything on internet and came here finally. I did saw people having same problem and i tried their solutions too, but no luck for me. Writing here is my only hope left.

For more details i'am putting this link. Please notice that i'am only having this sound issue in this video not complete windows stutter. Please notice the sound stutter on 3 second in video but in my case apps or video was running fine at that time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1H1qtLgeQg

Thank you so much!!

:)

Doomelectro, Dec 13, 2018

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 13, 2018
  4. peach1971 Win User

Windows 10 Sound Freeze

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Sound Freeze

1. Windows 10 Sound Freeze - Similar Threads - Sound Freeze

2. PC freezes, makes a buzzing sound, and restarts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes, makes a buzzing sound, and restarts.: This has started happening and so far has happened twice. starting a match in Rocket League, other times it happend by just playing music on Spotify. my screen froze and made a buzzing sound. A few seconds after, my PC just restarted....
  3. PC freezes, makes a buzzing sound, and restarts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes, makes a buzzing sound, and restarts.: This has started happening and so far has happened twice. starting a match in Rocket League, other times it happend by just playing music on Spotify. my screen froze and made a buzzing sound. A few seconds after, my PC just restarted....
  4. PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...: My PC froze in the middle of a game and started making strange cracking noises. Now, after rebooting, the monitor, mouse and keyboard completely aren't working, like it don't respond, but the PC is on. I've checked and rechecked all the cables hundred times, but the issue...
  5. PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...: My PC froze in the middle of a game and started making strange cracking noises. Now, after rebooting, the monitor, mouse and keyboard completely aren't working, like it don't respond, but the PC is on. I've checked and rechecked all the cables hundred times, but the issue...
  6. PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...

7. PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...

9. PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Computer freezes, makes a buzzing sound, BSODs and then immediately restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes, makes a buzzing sound, BSODs and then immediately restarts: So recently, when I have been playing a game roblox, my PC occasionally freezes, then a loud buzzing noise comes from speakers, then after about 10 seconds it crashes, blue screen of death comes up for a second or two and then it immediately restarts. Roblox isn't...