Windows 10: Windows 10 / sound missing, restarting audiosrv brings the audio back

Discus and support Windows 10 / sound missing, restarting audiosrv brings the audio back in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an issue with the sound going missing after the computer has been in the sleep state. All the audio devices seem fine, but no sound is coming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chrhun, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Chrhun Win User

Windows 10 / sound missing, restarting audiosrv brings the audio back

I have an issue with the sound going missing after the computer has been in the sleep state. All the audio devices seem fine, but no sound is coming out of the speakers or headphones. The solution to this seems to be restarting the Windows Audio Service, audiosrv. It is running fine the services list, but just right clicking and restarting does the tricks. However, this happens on a daily basis and it's not very convenient to have to restart the service every time.

The computer is a new one, with an Asus motherboard and ALC877 sound chip, with the latest Asus supplied Realtek drivers installed. I've tried other versions of the drivers too, but to no avail.

:)

Chrhun, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Sound Audio in windows

Hello Kim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to listen to the songs from hard disk?
    • Are you able to play the videos from hard disk?

I request you to try the below methods:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Method 3:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

• After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 31, 2018
  4. Windows 10 / sound missing, restarting audiosrv brings the audio back

No sound Audio

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps..

This issue might occur if some of the sound settings got corrupted.

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 / sound missing, restarting audiosrv brings the audio back

1. Windows 10 / sound missing, restarting audiosrv brings the audio back - Similar Threads - sound missing restarting

2. Running Windows 11 and the sound settings will not open. Windows Audio Audiosrv and Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running Windows 11 and the sound settings will not open. Windows Audio Audiosrv and Windows...: I have a TUF Gaming B450M Plus II Motherboard with onboard audio. All audio has stopped working and when I try to access the sound settings the settings window starts to load and then quickly closes. I do not have the services Windows Audio or Windows Endpoint Builder...
  3. Running Windows 11 and the sound settings will not open. Windows Audio Audiosrv and Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running Windows 11 and the sound settings will not open. Windows Audio Audiosrv and Windows...: I have a TUF Gaming B450M Plus II Motherboard with onboard audio. All audio has stopped working and when I try to access the sound settings the settings window starts to load and then quickly closes. I do not have the services Windows Audio or Windows Endpoint Builder...
  4. Time to Bring Back Hardware Accelerated Audio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time to Bring Back Hardware Accelerated Audio?: What I am referring to is letting audio drivers run in kernel mode. Vista killed hardware accelerated audio simply because of Creative Labs' incompetence. I think that with modern technologies and advancement in the Windows kernel hardware accelerated audio can be easily...
  5. Time to Bring Back Hardware Accelerated Audio?

Time to Bring Back Hardware Accelerated Audio?: What I am referring to is letting audio drivers run in kernel mode. Vista killed hardware accelerated audio simply because of Creative Labs' incompetence. I think that with modern technologies and advancement in the Windows kernel hardware accelerated audio can be easily...
  6. How do I bring back missing sound enhancements for Realtek?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I bring back missing sound enhancements for Realtek?: I had to use one that emulated a living room or something to make my headphones not sound terrible. The upgrade to Windows 11 installed new sound drivers that Thanos snapped the enhancements tab entirely, and after finally figuring out to reinstall the old drivers to get it...
  7. How do I bring back missing sound enhancements for Realtek?

How do I bring back missing sound enhancements for Realtek?: I had to use one that emulated a living room or something to make my headphones not sound terrible. The upgrade to Windows 11 installed new sound drivers that Thanos snapped the enhancements tab entirely, and after finally figuring out to reinstall the old drivers to get it...
  8. Windows Audio doesnt work, everytime a restart is required to bring back the audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Audio doesnt work, everytime a restart is required to bring back the audio: My laptop Audio doesn't work as soon as I start my Windows... I have to make a restart of the laptop to make the audio work.. Can someone help me on solving this issue!! Thank you!!...
  9. Audiosrv can’t be restarted (Error 1053).

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audiosrv can’t be restarted (Error 1053).: Randomly, usually after I come back to the computer after a break, I find that the sound has stopped working, and is also affecting some related areas. This has the following symptoms: * Winamp can't start a track anymore, and crashes when trying to do so (does not respond)...
  10. Sound stops working ~ Audiosrv can't be restarted (Error 1053)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound stops working ~ Audiosrv can't be restarted (Error 1053): Randomly, usually after I come back to the computer after a break, I find that the sound has stopped working, and is also affecting some related areas. This has the following symptoms: * Winamp can't start a track anymore, and crashes when trying to do so (does not respond)...