Windows 10: Windows 10 , Sound not working And cant open sound settings from control panel

Discus and support Windows 10 , Sound not working And cant open sound settings from control panel in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i was playing games normally , But one day sound stopped working , Like i tried to switch speakers but still sound was not working , i thought i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by YashBavadiya49, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 , Sound not working And cant open sound settings from control panel

So i was playing games normally , But one day sound stopped working , Like i tried to switch speakers but still sound was not working , i thought i disabled the device from control panel , but i cant even open the settings , see screenshot down Windows 10 , Sound not working And cant open sound settings from control panel f9805e18-1255-4304-a5b5-fd1dca3e7bb3?upload=true.png

so i thought it is not a big problem ,. i tried contacting microsoft community from discord and did so many things , even tried to windows updating , re-enabling windows audio from services.msc , but nothing worked , So one guy told me to reinstall windows , but i dont have that much internet , so can you please help me fix this problem , and get my sound and its settings back please!

:)

YashBavadiya49, Dec 24, 2020

2. Sound settings not opening the sound control panel.

Before i reformatted my computer anytime I would right click on sound settings and click 'open sound settings' it would always default to my 'sound control panel. Now anytime I open sound settings it opens the main setting options for windows 10 and I
    have to click 'sound control panel' on the right side of the window. My work computer doesn't have this issue so i'm sure it's some random setting i can't find.
    Windows 10 , Sound not working And cant open sound settings from control panel 6c4fe2c4-082d-4f9d-93cf-a46aa7ed03d5?upload=true.png

Windows 10 , Sound not working And cant open sound settings from control panel d961e797-0f53-4eaf-834f-6ed62138c42f?upload=true.png

MatthewW717, Dec 24, 2020
  3. Terrypin Win User
    Control Panel Sounds: not working

Hope the screenshot is clear:

Windows 10 , Sound not working And cant open sound settings from control panel [​IMG]

In fact the window seems unfamiliar; shouldn't it have check boxes showing which actions have been set?

If it's relevant this is Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418)

- - - Updated - - -

OK, sorted thanks. I found a suggestion to update the driver for the 'High Definition Audio Device'. That got my 'Program Events' sounds back.

As for my other query, I now remember that the speaker icon indicates the enabled events.

Terrypin, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Windows 10 , Sound not working And cant open sound settings from control panel

Sound settings not opening the sound control panel.

Thats the default behavior. The quickest way to get to the classic sound control panel:

Open Start, type: change sound card

Hit Enter

Andre for Directly, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 , Sound not working And cant open sound settings from control panel

1. Windows 10 , Sound not working And cant open sound settings from control panel - Similar Threads - Sound working cant

2. Sound control panel not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound control panel not opening: So I just noticed that the sound control panel is not opening, I tried right clicking the volume icon on the taskbar, and click sounds. I also tried opening it from the sound settings. Anything I can do?...
  3. Sound control panel not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound control panel not opening: So I just noticed that the sound control panel is not opening, I tried right clicking the volume icon on the taskbar, and click sounds. I also tried opening it from the sound settings. Anything I can do?...
  4. Sound control panel not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Control Panel Sounds: not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Control Panel Sounds: not working: Hope the screenshot is clear: [img] In fact the window seems unfamiliar; shouldn't it have check boxes showing which actions have been set? If it's relevant this is Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) - - - Updated - - - OK, sorted thanks. I found a suggestion to update...
  6. Control Panel Sounds: not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel Sounds: not working: Hope the screenshot is clear: [img] In fact the window seems unfamiliar; shouldn't it have check boxes showing which actions have been set? If it's relevant this is Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) - - - Updated - - - OK, sorted thanks. I found a suggestion to update...
  7. Not able to open sound settings in control panel

Not able to open sound settings in control panel: I recently built a new computer and I have windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.267. It lets me open the control panel but when I click on sound settings, a message appears on the screen that says "This app can't run on your PC" and under it, it says :To find a version for...
  8. Sound ICON in Control panel will not open sound settings.

Sound ICON in Control panel will not open sound settings.: Control panel will open, but when I click on sound, It errors with [ATTACH] This has been bugging me for awhile now, and I have struggled trying to fix it... I need to boost the mic I use for skype as the volume is too low. Windows 10 64 bit OS Several other Icons in...
  9. Cannot open sound settings from control panel

Cannot open sound settings from control panel: Hello, for the longest time I have been unable to open the sound settings in the control panel. My sound works perfectly fine and I can change the speaker and microphone through other methods. I can here sound and my microphone works fine but since windows 10 I am unable to...
  10. Sound Control Panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Control Panel: Hi.Running a Windows 10 computer.Running headless using Remote Desktop.Only use the computer as a music server.Have a dac connected to computer.In sound panel under playback it's only option is Remote Audio.Dac and other options are not there.Right click to show disabled and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound settings not opening windows 10