Windows 10: Windows 10 Sound Output settings not saving?

Discus and support Windows 10 Sound Output settings not saving? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have multiple outputs I want different programs going to. But it seems every time I close the program it reverts to the default. It will say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Odd_Otaku, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Odd_Otaku Win User

Windows 10 Sound Output settings not saving?

Hello,

I have multiple outputs I want different programs going to. But it seems every time I close the program it reverts to the default. It will say the correct output in the settings menu, but will play out of the default for some reason.

:)

Odd_Otaku, Aug 14, 2020

2. Cannot see all Advanced Sound Settings - Windows 10

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to suggest you to follow the steps below to add sound schemes to the list:

• Open Advanced Sound Settings.
    • Select any event option under “Program Events” and click on “Browse”.
    • Select the sound scheme from the saved path and click on “Open”.
    • Click on “Save As” and provide a name for the scheme and click on “OK”.
    • Click on “Apply” and then “OK” to save the changes.
    After adding the sound schemes to the list, select the required sound scheme and click on “OK”.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 14, 2020
  3. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

5.1 surround sound issue in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

If you’re connecting an optical cable the settings would be changed so try the following steps

Two options:

1. Use the optical S/PDIF output of your motherboard.

2. Use the HDMI output of your GPU. (This is what I'd recommend if you're using a HDMI display).

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel.

• Select sound.

• Click on playback devices.

For option 1- connect the cable and set the 'Realtek digital output' as default device.

• Then right click on it.

• Go to properties.

• At the rightmost tab select DTS or Dolby Digital or 5.1.
    For option 2-connect the HDMI cable through the receiver and set the 'Nvidia HDMI Output' as your default device. Then click 'Configure' and select 5.1 and check if it helps.

If the issue persist then, I suggest you to connect the speakers directly and check in the realtek audio manager if he gets the 5.1 option or not using the SPDIF\output.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Sound Output settings not saving? - Similar Threads - Sound Output settings

2. Windows Soundmixer does not save sound settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Soundmixer does not save sound settings: Dear Community,I have a problem with my soundmixer. I am someone who enjoys having the windows system sounds to a very low level. Like 5%. while games and other application should be louder 80%-100%. However, the windows system sounds randomly reset to 100%, causing pain in...
  3. Windows Soundmixer does not save sound settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Soundmixer does not save sound settings: Dear Community,I have a problem with my soundmixer. I am someone who enjoys having the windows system sounds to a very low level. Like 5%. while games and other application should be louder 80%-100%. However, the windows system sounds randomly reset to 100%, causing pain in...
  4. Windows not saving sound settings. Static sound forms.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows not saving sound settings. Static sound forms.: Hello,I got the quite common issue that my integrated Realtek Audiocard at randomly starts creating a very loud static noise. I usually use the SPDIF out for the device. I never have the issue if I use the same audio device via USB, however, The sound quality via USB is...
  5. no sound output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound output: Hello, I just noticed that I have no sound output from my speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-output/aa0543cf-7e4e-420b-beea-c4c424a08bd3
  6. NO SOUND OUTPUT DETECTED WINDOW 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NO SOUND OUTPUT DETECTED WINDOW 10: I am unable to hear audio as it shows no audio output detected and I tried with every available speaker like headphone,tv ,smart speaker it always show no audio output detected I EVEN UPDATED THE DRIVER ALSO REINSTALLED THEM AND STILL NT HELPFUL I don't have Bluetooth in...
  7. sound settings not saving

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound settings not saving: it started like a 2 weeks ago its not saving my sound settings im turning on bass boost and loudness equalization and after reboot its not saving https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-settings-not-saving/14fd3688-7848-42f1-98f6-11b02c83b6d6
  8. Airpods sound settings output option

Airpods sound settings output option: Good Day I have a small question concerning pairing, connecting, and having the output speaker to be through the airpods I know Apple airpods might not be compatible with windows, plus i saw the queston being asked more than once no solution did help, tried the trouble...
  9. Sound output

Sound output: My sound stopped and system cannot find the Realtek audio output so I can enable it. Microphone input is visible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-output/a2d0aa78-30f1-49bc-a175-884d7d409a2f
  10. No Sound Output

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Sound Output: Hi, I've been experiencing sound issues with my ASUS laptop on Windows 10. Everytime I plug in an earphone or speaker via the audio jack, the computer detects and asks what I've just plugged in but upon selecting the device, there is no sound output. Music continues to play...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system sound not saving the changes

2. windows 10 not saving audio settings

3. Windows 10 sound settings not saving