Windows 10: Windows 10 Sound problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Sound problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently installed Windows 10 on a PC with an Gigabtye motherboard. When sound is playing, the Sound bar on the screen shows the sound playing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by heimdal, Jun 5, 2016.

1. heimdal Win User

Windows 10 Sound problem

Recently installed Windows 10 on a PC with an Gigabtye motherboard.

When sound is playing, the Sound bar on the screen shows the sound playing however no sound it being played.

The PC has onboard sound and a Phillips LCD monitor.

Tried reinstalling the drivers without success.

All help appreciated.

Thanks

:)

heimdal, Jun 5, 2016

2. ppc 6700 sound problem

Everything on the phone is working fine except all of my sounds went out. I can hear calls that come in but they can't hear me; screen taps, music, etc.--no sound except for a little static or jusort of short circuit type sound. Have no idea what the problem
    is, any help will be greatly appreciated.

I've had the phone for over a year with no problems.

Also, the date and time jumped back 3 years.

Thanks again!

ppc6700 sound problem, Jun 5, 2016
  3. ppc 6700 sound problem

Yes, I have tried that several times.

It appears that my sound has "died".

I have no upgraded or additional software on my phone.

Thanks for your reply.

Please any help would be great!!

ppc6700 sound problem, Jun 5, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Windows 10 Sound problem

Hello heimdal,

Do you have the Realtek Audio Manager icon in the System icons (bottom right)? If so right click on it and start the sound manager. This should allow you to test the sound.

I am assuming your sound is via the monitor, if you are not using an HDMI cable connection between the PC and the monitor you may need to run an extra cable between the audio out of the PC and the audio in on the monitor.

philc43, Jun 5, 2016
  5. heimdal Win User
    Sorry, have been away. Did not have the Realtek Audio Manager but have added and had no success. The volume mixer shows the pulsing indicator to suggest sound, it is not on mute and the sound bar is above the level that is pulsing. The cable is attached correctly.

Still no sound.

heimdal, Jun 20, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    Hi again, sorry it has not worked. Looking for the simplest solutions first have you checked that the volume is turned up on the monitor control menu. There should be some push buttons on the LCD monitor for menu and volume.

philc43, Jun 20, 2016
  7. fireberd Win User
    Has this ever worked? Was the Win 10 an upgrade from a previous OS or a new install?

What interface does the monitor have? HDMI, VGA or DVI? If its VGA or DVI and you are using built in speakers in the monitor you need a cable from the GREEN Speaker Jack to the audio input on the monitor. And, have the "Speakers" set at default audio playback device. I've seen many cases where there is indication that audio is playing but the incorrect audio playback device (e.g. Digital) is set.

If you are using HDMI for both video and audio, Windows should have set HDMI as the default audio playback device.

fireberd, Jun 20, 2016
  8. heimdal Win User

Windows 10 Sound problem

The Windows 10 was an upgrade from Windows 7. It worked fine on windows 7. It uses HDMI and a separate cable to the Green speaker jack, which I guess it redundant considering the HDMI.

heimdal, Jun 21, 2016
  9. fireberd Win User
    If you use HDMI, then the regular PC (green jack) is not used. If you need audio from the Speaker jack (green) then you will have to manually change the default audio playback device from HDMI to "Speakers" (the PC sound card).

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Sound problem

1. Windows 10 Sound problem - Similar Threads - Sound problem

2. Sound problem with jack connected headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem with jack connected headphones: My laptop is a Dell 16 7610 with Windows 11, 23H2. During the last few weeks, I have the following problem with the sound of my laptop. The sound works all right with the internal speakers and/or Bluetooth connected speakers. However, when I try to connect external speakers...
  3. Sound problem with jack connected headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound problem with jack connected headphones: My laptop is a Dell 16 7610 with Windows 11, 23H2. During the last few weeks, I have the following problem with the sound of my laptop. The sound works all right with the internal speakers and/or Bluetooth connected speakers. However, when I try to connect external speakers...
  4. windows 10 sound problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 sound problem: hello,i have a ACE MAGICIAN mini pc that runs windows 10 and i have recently encountered a problem with the sound when i turn on the pc,the sound is fine,but after some time like 1,2 hours,the sound suddenly stops and it says no headphones or speakers are plugged in. i have...
  5. windows 10 sound problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 sound problem: hello,i have a ACE MAGICIAN mini pc that runs windows 10 and i have recently encountered a problem with the sound when i turn on the pc,the sound is fine,but after some time like 1,2 hours,the sound suddenly stops and it says no headphones or speakers are plugged in. i have...
  6. windows 10 sound problem

7. Sound Problem During Online Meeting and Video Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Problem During Online Meeting and Video Games: Hello,I have a problem that have been recurring since yesterday. During a meeting either on Zoom or Google Meet, I could not hear anything, just a tiny bit of scrunches or little noise and never any proper voice from my colleagues even though before I joined, the songs I...
  8. Sound Problem During Online Meeting and Video Games

Sound Problem During Online Meeting and Video Games: Hello,I have a problem that have been recurring since yesterday. During a meeting either on Zoom or Google Meet, I could not hear anything, just a tiny bit of scrunches or little noise and never any proper voice from my colleagues even though before I joined, the songs I...
  9. Weird sound problem where the sound plays but "no input device available" with bluetooth...

Weird sound problem where the sound plays but "no input device available" with bluetooth...: I have paired my ipad to my windows 11 computer and the sound from the ipad plays just fine on my computer speakers.But the sound mixer says that no input device found, despite it clearly working.How could I get the thing visible as input source too?...
  10. Weird sound problem where the sound plays but "no input device available" with bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird sound problem where the sound plays but "no input device available" with bluetooth...: I have paired my ipad to my windows 11 computer and the sound from the ipad plays just fine on my computer speakers.But the sound mixer says that no input device found, despite it clearly working.How could I get the thing visible as input source too?...