Windows 10: Windows 10 Sound Settings not appearing, even though sound drivers installed.

Discus and support Windows 10 Sound Settings not appearing, even though sound drivers installed. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Usually on windows 10, i would go to Start, Search for Settings, then System, then along the left hand side of the screen, different tabs would appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Niall_2019, May 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Sound Settings not appearing, even though sound drivers installed.

Usually on windows 10, i would go to Start, Search for Settings, then System, then along the left hand side of the screen, different tabs would appear such as Display, Notifications & Actions, Power and Sleep, and Sound would also be an option.

However the "Sound" Tab isn't appearing for me, which means i can't use the "app volume and device preferences" option which allows me to change the audio levels and outputs with different applications i have running. Why is this not appearing for me? Is this feature not available on Windows 10 Pro?

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks!

- Niall

:)

Niall_2019, May 5, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, May 5, 2019
  3. After installing Windows 10 sound driver is not available in Device Manager and issues with sound.

Hi John,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if sound driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "there is nothing in the device manager for sound gone", is the sound driver available in the Device Manager driver list?
    • Are you getting any error message on the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on issue with sound on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 5, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Sound Settings not appearing, even though sound drivers installed.

Sound problems with Windows 10

Hello,

I request you to try the methods below:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Sound Settings not appearing, even though sound drivers installed.

1. Windows 10 Sound Settings not appearing, even though sound drivers installed. - Similar Threads - Sound Settings appearing

2. Sound driver properly installed, but no sound at all.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound driver properly installed, but no sound at all.: Hi,My laptop suddenly couldn't play any sound at all. I tried reinstalling the driver using the one that provided from the manufacturer, restarting the services and restarting the system so many times and none worked. I would really appreciate any help for this, this is my...
  3. Sound driver properly installed, but no sound at all.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound driver properly installed, but no sound at all.: Hi,My laptop suddenly couldn't play any sound at all. I tried reinstalling the driver using the one that provided from the manufacturer, restarting the services and restarting the system so many times and none worked. I would really appreciate any help for this, this is my...
  4. Sound is not working even though Windows said it should

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound is not working even though Windows said it should: So after I have downloaded Bootcamp to run Windows on my iMac the Digital Audio Sound and any headphones that use a jack wont give any Sound. It only works if the Audio Device is using an USB or if it is able to connect with Bluetooth. I have already searched for solutions...
  5. Sound is not working even though Windows said it should

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound is not working even though Windows said it should: So after I have downloaded Bootcamp to run Windows on my iMac the Digital Audio Sound and any headphones that use a jack wont give any Sound. It only works if the Audio Device is using an USB or if it is able to connect with Bluetooth. I have already searched for solutions...
  6. Sound is not working even though Windows said it should

7. I'm getting a windows notification sound even though if there is no notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm getting a windows notification sound even though if there is no notification: HII am getting a notification sound even though there is no notification in the notification tray. Actually, it is like there is an unread notification but when I open the notification tray to see what it is, it disappears. This is frequent. Is this about windows security? I...
  8. Sound drivers for monitors not appearing

Sound drivers for monitors not appearing: I have 2 monitors, and their Audio Drivers disappeared after turning it back on from overnight, and because my headphones are charging, that means I have no audio. What can I do? I have checked in Device Manager, and they aren't there!...
  9. PC has no sound even though it detects the headphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC has no sound even though it detects the headphones: My pc detects my headphones and tries to play audio to them I can see in the mixer but no sound is played nothing is muted and my headphones are the default device I have tried multiple headphones that work with other devices there is also a loud static noise when I plug...
  10. Sound setting not appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound setting not appearing: So the settings sound in the "System" part in settings isn't appearing like usual It is gone how to fix this? I want to change the settings of every app but can't...