Windows 10: Windows 10 - SoundBlaster Z Card Not Detected - No Speakers Detected

Discus and support Windows 10 - SoundBlaster Z Card Not Detected - No Speakers Detected in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey I seem to have a common issue after reading my google search results for the past couple hours, with this windows 10 compatability issue with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChristopherGhio, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - SoundBlaster Z Card Not Detected - No Speakers Detected

Hey

I seem to have a common issue after reading my google search results for the past couple hours, with this windows 10 compatability issue with Logitech/Creative soundcards/drivers. Seems to be a ton of different problems around this similar setup. Basically cant get speaker functionality now after what seems to have been corrupted by a recent Windows 10 auto update. Cant pin point what exact update I can eliminate to test if it will get it working again.

As of now, when I download the latest Creative SoundBlaster software it tells me "Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system."

I get a similar error when I previously had SoundBlaster software installedbefore uninstalling for a troubleshooting attempt, and it tells me "the current selected audio device is disabled, not present, not supported by the application, or has unplugged jack connections."

My video card is the only device that has working audio output, with my monitor speakerssince its connecting to my video card DisplayPort only source of audio I do have, which is pretty lame quality. My brand new Logitech Z623 speakers are useless devices at this point. They do work if i plug the audio cable straight into my phone, the speakers work amazingly. Only with my PC do I lose detection.

What I Have Tried Already:

Changing PCI slot

Rolling back drivers

Reinstalling Creative Drivers

Updating Drivers

System Reboot of course

Attached some images of my control panel showing the card controller and displaying the controller as working properly.

Desperate here as I keep hitting a wall and havent seen solutions out on the web with my same scenario. ANY AND ALL IDEAS NEEDED!! Many thanks!

Windows 10 - SoundBlaster Z Card Not Detected - No Speakers Detected f84c3302-c5aa-499a-a432-496b76effed4?upload=true.jpg Windows 10 - SoundBlaster Z Card Not Detected - No Speakers Detected d566b559-4b5d-4158-b508-6d4620bae3d6?upload=true.jpg

:)

ChristopherGhio, Nov 19, 2020

2. Creative Audio Device Driver Upgrade from Microsoft breaks Soundblaster Z on Windows 10

I was one of those fortunate people who didn't have a problem with my card until Microsoft pushed a driver update on August 29/30. I even installed the Creative update from mid August for my SoundBlaster Z without a hitch.

The crux of the matter is the upgrade changes the way Windows recognizes the card from a SoundBlaster Z to a Recon3D, so when you go to the SoundBlaster Control Panel to modify settings for the card, the control panel can't detect the card.

Going into the windows sound panel, it gives the appearance that the card is actually playing something, but no sound goes out from the speakers.

I will try to change the PCI slot that I'm using to see if that does the trick of proper card recognition next, but it seems odd that a simple driver upgrade would break something that didn't need fixing.

ReneGGutierrez, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Speakers not detected

Just updated Windows 10 and again it makes my laptop not detect its internal speakers. This happened after the last update and reinstalling audio and sound drivers worked, but not this time.

Laptop is not even detecting its own internal speakers as an option.

ZacharyBraun, Nov 19, 2020
  4. imacken Win User

Windows 10 - SoundBlaster Z Card Not Detected - No Speakers Detected

Soundblaster Z preventing sleep

So, I installed a new SoundBlaster Z card and now my computer will not auto-sleep. I can put it to sleep manually, but when my overnight backups kick in, it will not go back to sleep.
    See attached screenshot. This occurs straight from a Windows restart.
    Any ideas on this?

Windows 10 - SoundBlaster Z Card Not Detected - No Speakers Detected [​IMG]

imacken, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - SoundBlaster Z Card Not Detected - No Speakers Detected

1. Windows 10 - SoundBlaster Z Card Not Detected - No Speakers Detected - Similar Threads - SoundBlaster Card Detected

2. SoundBlaster Z card and Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SoundBlaster Z card and Windows 11: I have a Dell Dimension XPS8940 with 64 GB of Ram and an Intel i9 11th Gen 16 core CPU running Windows 11 Pro with all updates installed. I installed a SoundBlaster Z card using the latest Creative driver 6.0.102.78 dated 1/17/22. It is driving an Onn 2.1 soundbar. The audio...
  3. SoundBlaster Z card and Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SoundBlaster Z card and Windows 11: I have a Dell Dimension XPS8940 with 64 GB of Ram and an Intel i9 11th Gen 16 core CPU running Windows 11 Pro with all updates installed. I installed a SoundBlaster Z card using the latest Creative driver 6.0.102.78 dated 1/17/22. It is driving an Onn 2.1 soundbar. The audio...
  4. Windows 10 : Wifi card not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 : Wifi card not detected: Hello ,I have a problem with Wifi connection on windows 10 . I don't know why it happened because I used ethernet connection for some months and it must have been some update I did. My computer is a PREDATOR HELIOS 300 and there is not even the wifi logo anymore Everything...
  5. Windows 10 : Wifi card not detected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 : Wifi card not detected: Hello ,I have a problem with Wifi connection on windows 10 . I don't know why it happened because I used ethernet connection for some months and it must have been some update I did. My computer is a PREDATOR HELIOS 300 and there is not even the wifi logo anymore Everything...
  6. Soundblaster z se

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Soundblaster z se: Creative soundblaster z se Sound Blaster Z SE High-performance PCI-e Gaming and Entertainment Sound Card and DAC - Creative Labs (Pan Euro), what's your though ? 178517
  7. Speakers not detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Speakers not detected: Just updated Windows 10 and again it makes my laptop not detect its internal speakers. This happened after the last update and reinstalling audio and sound drivers worked, but not this time. Laptop is not even detecting its own internal speakers as an option....
  8. No speakers or headphones detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No speakers or headphones detected: Getting the error "dxd audio failed to initialize", I want to prevent this message closing the program or some way to bypass it. Running troubleshoot says there may be problem with audio device and sfc gives no error. Using desktop without sound card, heaphones or speakers...
  9. Speakers not detected

Speakers not detected: My speakers,in the morning was fine,but now it's gone!It started with the Settings app not opening the sound panel,then the speaker name not appearing in the taskbar volume switch,and now it thinks there is no speaker!The speaker is named High Definition Audio Device and is a...
  10. Soundblaster Z preventing sleep

Soundblaster Z preventing sleep: So, I installed a new SoundBlaster Z card and now my computer will not auto-sleep. I can put it to sleep manually, but when my overnight backups kick in, it will not go back to sleep. See attached screenshot. This occurs straight from a Windows restart. Any ideas on this?...