Windows 10: Windows 10 Sounds - and the ones that don't work

Discus and support Windows 10 Sounds - and the ones that don't work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It appears in Win 10 some sounds are disabled by design. Although the "Play Windows Start Up Sound" box may be checked in the Sounds panel, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rivergoat, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Rivergoat Win User

Windows 10 Sounds - and the ones that don't work

It appears in Win 10 some sounds are disabled by design. Although the "Play Windows Start Up Sound" box may be checked in the Sounds panel, it generally does not play on boot. I have noticed it play after a warm restart, however.

The "Exit Windows" sound, as well as "Logon Windows" "Logoff Windows" are not present in the Sounds panel, but may be enabled via a change in the registry. Even though I did that, and they now appear in the Sounds panel, they do not play.

I read where MS decided to "streamline" Windows and eliminate sounds they feel are not important, thus the inability to use them. It would be nice if an option is presented to enable; I have preferred to use the Start Windows just as an audible notation that the system is coming on line if I am away from the desk during boot. "Start Windows" isn't a fully "the system is ready" though, I was going to test "Logon Windows" to see if a sound at that point is a better indication of the system truly being ready, but that is at present an unusable sound.

Anyone with other info is welcome to add constructive comments.

:)

Rivergoat, Aug 8, 2015

2. Problem with my number keys. The ones that don't work are 1-4 and 7-0 on the numbers below the function keys, and the 1 and 4 on my number pad.

Thanks for the reply! I am running a bluetooth mouse on the laptop, i think i might have a USB or bluetooth keyboard in my "junk" box!

twilliams1, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Problem with my number keys. The ones that don't work are 1-4 and 7-0 on the numbers below the function keys, and the 1 and 4 on my number pad.

Hello,

Please run Keyboard troubleshooter from Control Panel > Troubleshooting > View all. See if it helps you.

Hope this helps, Good luck Windows 10 Sounds - and the ones that don't work :)

Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Sounds - and the ones that don't work

1. Windows 10 Sounds - and the ones that don't work - Similar Threads - Sounds ones don't

2. Installing windows 10 stuck and restart looping. And one extra windows that don't work....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing windows 10 stuck and restart looping. And one extra windows that don't work....: I went to the reset option, Keep my files.Then I hit reset.The sub-according kept on doing the according.Then the light of the house went off, then when I connected it to the inverter plug.And as soon as it is done, it is becoming 64% to 65%, after that the restart is...
  3. Installing windows 10 stuck and restart looping. And one extra windows that don't work....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing windows 10 stuck and restart looping. And one extra windows that don't work....: I went to the reset option, Keep my files.Then I hit reset.The sub-according kept on doing the according.Then the light of the house went off, then when I connected it to the inverter plug.And as soon as it is done, it is becoming 64% to 65%, after that the restart is...
  4. Network credentials don't work on one Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network credentials don't work on one Computer: I have 2 Window 11 computers. I cannot access my main computer to share files. It asks me to put in my network credentials. I am using my Microsoft account and password. It works on my main computer but when I try to enter into my second computer the response is always bad...
  5. Network credentials don't work on one Computer

Network credentials don't work on one Computer: I have 2 Window 11 computers. I cannot access my main computer to share files. It asks me to put in my network credentials. I am using my Microsoft account and password. It works on my main computer but when I try to enter into my second computer the response is always bad...
  6. The windows boot sounds don't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The windows boot sounds don't work: The windows logon, logoff, and system exit sounds aren't working.FYI: -I am using windows 10 21H2-I have disabled fast startup-I have enabled windows boot sound in the sounds menu-I have added sounds into the ones that didn't have soundsIt still doesn't work and I have...
  7. The windows boot sounds don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The windows boot sounds don't work: The windows logon, logoff, and system exit sounds aren't working.FYI: -I am using windows 10 21H2-I have disabled fast startup-I have enabled windows boot sound in the sounds menu-I have added sounds into the ones that didn't have soundsIt still doesn't work and I have...
  8. The windows boot sounds don't work

9. Windows freezes, no sound, keyboard keys don't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows freezes, no sound, keyboard keys don't work: Hi guys, I hope you are all fine. I have dell vostro 14-3468 laptop. For quite sometime now I have facing a particular problem. While reading pdfs, PowerPoints, watching videos on YouTube etc. My sound completely disappears, The sound works when i plug in headphones,...
  10. I changed my system's sounds to custom XP ones, now system sounds don't work at all. What...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I changed my system's sounds to custom XP ones, now system sounds don't work at all. What...: Help. submitted by /u/MrKitlik [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ibmskr/i_changed_my_systems_sounds_to_custom_xp_ones_now/