Windows 10: Windows 10 Sounds - and the ones that don't work

Discus and support Windows 10 Sounds - and the ones that don't work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It appears in Win 10 some sounds are disabled by design. Although the "Play Windows Start Up Sound" box may be checked in the Sounds panel, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rivergoat, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Rivergoat Win User

Windows 10 Sounds - and the ones that don't work

It appears in Win 10 some sounds are disabled by design. Although the "Play Windows Start Up Sound" box may be checked in the Sounds panel, it generally does not play on boot. I have noticed it play after a warm restart, however.

The "Exit Windows" sound, as well as "Logon Windows" "Logoff Windows" are not present in the Sounds panel, but may be enabled via a change in the registry. Even though I did that, and they now appear in the Sounds panel, they do not play.

I read where MS decided to "streamline" Windows and eliminate sounds they feel are not important, thus the inability to use them. It would be nice if an option is presented to enable; I have preferred to use the Start Windows just as an audible notation that the system is coming on line if I am away from the desk during boot. "Start Windows" isn't a fully "the system is ready" though, I was going to test "Logon Windows" to see if a sound at that point is a better indication of the system truly being ready, but that is at present an unusable sound.

Anyone with other info is welcome to add constructive comments.

:)

Rivergoat, Aug 8, 2015

2. Problem with my number keys. The ones that don't work are 1-4 and 7-0 on the numbers below the function keys, and the 1 and 4 on my number pad.

Thanks for the reply! I am running a bluetooth mouse on the laptop, i think i might have a USB or bluetooth keyboard in my "junk" box!

twilliams1, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Problem with my number keys. The ones that don't work are 1-4 and 7-0 on the numbers below the function keys, and the 1 and 4 on my number pad.

Hello,

Please run Keyboard troubleshooter from Control Panel > Troubleshooting > View all. See if it helps you.

Hope this helps, Good luck Windows 10 Sounds - and the ones that don't work :)

Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Sounds - and the ones that don't work

1. Windows 10 Sounds - and the ones that don't work - Similar Threads - Sounds ones don't

2. HDMI sound works on one TV but not the other

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI sound works on one TV but not the other: So a strange problem happened recently. I have a desktop PC (windows 10) that I hook up to one of either two TV's, both are kind of old, one is a TCL and the other a Toshiba. I switch them up depending on what I'm using the other screen for (ie playing a game but wanting to...
  3. Windows 10 sound not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 sound not working.: The only sound output device that is working is Digital Audio (S/PDIF). I can't do anything with this device so I have no sound. The headphones that I am trying to use keep saying that they are not plugged in. It must have read them at some point because the computer knows...
  4. WINDOWS 10 SOUND NOT WORKING.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 SOUND NOT WORKING.: So basically I've been getting very frustrated trying to fix my sound issue, it shows that the sound is working but it's really not. [ATTACH]it still shows that the speaker is working and doesn't have an X sign, I've tried lots of things I used the command prompt to net...
  5. Windows 10 sound not working

Windows 10 sound not working: So i got this new hp pc for gaming the sound was fine at first. But after some update i was unable to use my aux plug. I decided to go into system recovery but if when i tested the sound in system recovery it was fully working though when i login and do it on the pc it shows...
  6. Sound Not Working in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Not Working in windows 10: I opened my computer this morning and noticed my volume was down. I can't change it with my volume buttons and apparently have no sound drivers? how do I fix this?...
  7. Headphones don't work on windows 10

Headphones don't work on windows 10: Why is the thread locked on the headphones don't work on windows 10? Not because MS are **** embarrassed by their inability to provide working sound on their flagship system perchance? Sick people, just bloody fix it you sad useless program destroying twats. Never had an...
  8. Favorites and Bar don't work on one Laptop but work fine on Desktop

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites and Bar don't work on one Laptop but work fine on Desktop: Here is info from both computers that might assist in troubleshooting my problem. Trying to Import from IE shows "couldn't import favorites." In both of the following instances identical lists of my favorites and contents of Favorites Bar appear in both laptop and desktop...
  9. sound not working on windows 10

sound not working on windows 10: ello! so before i start i want to say that i am NOT in any way shape or form a pro at pc's. so, if i've done something wrong, don't go harsh on me and please explain what i am supposed to do to fix it clearly and calmly. well, i updated realtek drivers (but the thing is,...
  10. Sounds from the Analog Ports Don't Seem to work.

Sounds from the Analog Ports Don't Seem to work.: It's Strange, I figured maybe the Motherboard has a bad Audio Ports from the Direct back, but the front panel seems to be same case as well for a jumper. Nor it seems that the sound settings seems to update to recognize when a new Audio Device is plugged in so I'm at a loss....