Windows 10: Windows 10 'Speaker not plugged in' problem

Discus and support Windows 10 'Speaker not plugged in' problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, ever since I purchased a new computer this summer I have had the problem with using my speakers, my HDMI and headphone(Corsair Gaming H2100... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nelstar, Dec 26, 2015.

1. nelstar Win User

Windows 10 'Speaker not plugged in' problem

Hi, ever since I purchased a new computer this summer I have had the problem with using my speakers, my HDMI and headphone(Corsair Gaming H2100 Headset) sound is working flawlessly. When I bought it it had Windows 8 installed and I had the exact same problem then. I have both Realtek HD audio and NVIDIA HD audio installed, and I have tried to use both indepentently with the same result, this has been bugging me for months and I truly do not know what to do. I appreciate any help. I attached a .png with some regular specs if this would be of any help.
    Edit: the speakers worked without any problems until I got the new computer, forgot to mention

:)

nelstar, Dec 26, 2015
  2. reckerr84 Win User

Problems with the audio devices on Windows 10

Is that normal if a laptop with an installed version of Windows 10 does not recognize different devices, f.e. headphones as the main speaker and a speaker as a speaker. There are no problems with the audio, f.e. when headphones are plugged, the sound comes
    only to headphones, and same is with a normal speaker. But I do not like that you can't specify a different volume for both headphones and the main speaker. Also, I liked, when my Windows 7 could easily tell if there are headphones plugged or if there is nothing
    plugged and only the main speaker works.

Can the problem be because of me leaving the headphones plugged in while upgrading my Windows 7 to Windows 10?

How can I fix the problem? Can Microsoft fix it?

Thanks!

reckerr84, Dec 26, 2015
  3. AMD Speaker Not Plugged In

I updated to Windows 10. I tried to use my headphones but it wouldn't let me. It now says that my AMD speakers aren't plugged in, even though they're inside the computer. I can't fix it. My laptop is a Lenovo. I really need this fixed and I can't find
    any online help.

CherryDolphin, Dec 26, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Usually the speakers with a light green plug fits into the light green socket on the computer but have seen the black socket being used. Have you tried the speakers in the headphone jack on the front or a headset? If that works look in Control Panel, Sound, can choose the type of speaker setup and test the speakers there.

Berton, Dec 28, 2015
  5. nelstar Win User
    same result unfortunately.. forgot to mention that the headset I use is USB

nelstar, Dec 28, 2015
  6. Berton Win User
    Since it's a new computer it probably has USB 3.0 ports on it, usually blue. Try a USB 2.0 port, usually black, not everything works on USB 3.0 yet.

Berton, Dec 28, 2015
  7. nelstar Win User
    The headset is not the problem though, its the speakers. Nothing wrong with the speakers themselves im pretty sure of since they worked fine until I got this new computer

nelstar, Dec 28, 2015
  8. nelstar Win User

update: I tried disabling and reenabling the 2 'High Definition Audio Controller's in the device manager under the 'System Devices' tab and the speaker is now enabled, although it doesn't disable as I unplug the speakers so I feel as if they're not connected. so its still not working, any ideas?
    edit: restarted the computer and we're back on square one. as in the speaker shows as 'not plugged in' again.

nelstar, Dec 28, 2015
  9. Its a RealTek driver issue. I had similar, just kept screwing with the drivers til I finally fixed it. Consider trying Iobit Driver Booster. I just found it the other day, only one I ever found that actually works and isn't malware.

wreckwriter, Jan 23, 2016
  10. Icarus237 Win User
    Did you ever find a fix? I'm having this same issue

Icarus237, Mar 25, 2016
  11. Icarus237 Win User
    Icarus237, Jun 7, 2016
  12. Kbird Win User
    There has been an issue with the Realtek Drivers for a while especially on Laptops , which I have found was fixed by "separating the input jacks and make them independent" on the Recording Device Section on the Device Advanced Settings Popup, ( button on top RH side of Realtek Manager usually )

sounds strange I know but I could see the music was playing , just couldn't hear anything and this worked , in the case of a friend he took his new laptop back to the store and they gave him a new one as they thought it was faulty , this fixed it on the 2nd one for him.

Windows 10 'Speaker not plugged in' problem [​IMG]

KB

Kbird, Jun 7, 2016
  13. Scooter B Win User

Sound at last....

Dear God (with all reverence) I have spent over FOUR STRAIGHT HOURS trying to get any kind of audio out of new PC build running Windows 10 with a Gigabytes Z170XP-SLI motherboard getting that "Speakers not plugged in" message. Repeatedly went through Windows Audio Settings/Troubleshooter, Realtek Audio Manager, updating drivers, reloading drivers off the utilities CD that came with the motherboard, used two different sets of cables and speakers that work fine on other computers and tried to get sound out the headphones.

Gigabytes inexcusably has NO trouble shooting section and I never heard back from the first support ticket I sent in for another issue the day before. Realtek Audio Manager opens when I plugged the speaker jack into the black colored jack that Gigabytes manual said to use for speakers so obviously Realtek's Audio Manager sensed the speakers being plugged in. I tried changing two of the settings mentioned; the set all input jacks as independent and one I read in another thread that counter intuitively involved enabling the front panel. Still nothing.

I was about to give up when I remembered that my HP Media Center PC used the green jack for stereo out and switched the cable to the green jack that the manual says is a Line Out jack, ran the speaker test and I finally heard something besides my ill advised cussing for the last three hours. No idea if changing the other two settings played a role or if I just needed to ignore Gigabytes recommendation for using the black output and use the Line Out instead but I finally have sound.

Not sure I will ever buy another Gigabyte product for their complete failure to have any kind of troubleshooting guide what so ever and having to go through a 30 minute process of looking up all the other hardware details on your PC each time you contact support before you can ask your question (even after creating a user ID that should be capable of saving all that information).

Glad I found this thread and wanted to second the recommendation to try the green jack on the rear of your PC if you haven't yet even if your hardware manufacturer tells you to use a different one.

Scooter B, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 'Speaker not plugged in' problem - Similar Threads - 'Speaker plugged in'

2. no speaker or headphones are plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no speaker or headphones are plugged: مشكلة في الصوت لايعمل https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-speaker-or-headphones-are-plugged/b216d393-e615-4584-a930-662f0a53c7e3
  3. no speakers or headphones are plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no speakers or headphones are plugged in: I use an ROG GL551 laptop and yesterday the internal speakers stopped working and when I ran the troubleshooter and restarted my computer I got the audio error "no speakers or headphones are plugged in"I went to YouTube and tried almost every fix I could fine, I typed the add...
  4. no speaker plugged in problem samsung notebook np550

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no speaker plugged in problem samsung notebook np550: hey guysi have a problem since i updated my laptop to win 10 20h2 error popped out from nowhere says no speakers or headphones are plugged in no sound from the built in speakers !! i tried so many solutions like disable the driver and reinstall alot of times and updated bios...
  5. no speaker plugged in problem samsung notebook np550

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no speaker plugged in problem samsung notebook np550: hey guysi have a problem since i updated my laptop to win 10 20h2 error popped out from nowhere says no speakers or headphones are plugged in no sound from the built in speakers !! i tried so many solutions like disable the driver and reinstall alot of times and updated bios...
  6. no speaker plugged in problem samsung notebook np550

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. No speakers or headphones are plugged in Windows 10

No speakers or headphones are plugged in Windows 10: Hello, bit of a noob but my laptop (HP probook 450 G3) is no longer allowing me to play sound through my headphones. The headphones do work (tried on a different PC) and the same problem occurred on my laptop with different headphones. I have tried going to Device manager...
  8. Speakers are plugged in and working but no sound. Windows 10

Speakers are plugged in and working but no sound. Windows 10: My speakers are plugged in its working fine when i plug it in my phone but when i plug it in my computer i dont hear anything theres this icon [ATTACH] when i hovee over it says theres nothing plugged in but my speakers are plugged in never mind i think i fixed it...
  9. audio problem: "no speakers or headphones are plugged in"

audio problem: "no speakers or headphones are plugged in": hi, i've been having serious audio issues with my computer, an asus x555ya, for almost three weeks now. the sound icon on my taskbar has a red x on it. i've tried every single solution on the internet to no avail; attempted to update/reinstall my audio driver only to find out...
  10. Windows 10 saying speakers "Not Plugged In"

Windows 10 saying speakers "Not Plugged In": Hello, I upgraded to Windows 10 fairly recently. Shortly after that I bought a GTX 1070 and put it in my machine. I also swapped one of my monitors from DVI to HDMI with the switch. As soon as I turned on my PC I had all sorts of system crashes and my speakers stopped...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can windows 10 tell if speakers are plugged into wrong input

2. windows 10 speaker not plugged in error

3. windows 10 saying speakers not plugged in

4. windows 10 speakers not plugged in,
  5. speaker not plugged in windows 10,
  6. windows 10 speaker nor plugged in