Windows 10: Windows 10 Speech Recognition Has Stopped Working

Discus and support Windows 10 Speech Recognition Has Stopped Working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently started getting the error "Speech recognition has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly." Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cgtrman, Jan 15, 2019.

1. cgtrman Win User

Windows 10 Speech Recognition Has Stopped Working

I recently started getting the error "Speech recognition has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly." Windows 10 version is "Win 10 Enterprise". Speech recognition has worked in the past and this is the first time I have been unable to not use it.

I checked and Cortana is disabled.

This is an important app for me since I have carpal tunnel in both hands and rely on speech recognition. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Windows 10 Speech Recognition Has Stopped Working bbfb286c-ffd1-4ab5-ae9d-5f0b9a638b01?upload=true.png

:)

cgtrman, Jan 15, 2019

2. Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/using-speech-recognition

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jan 15, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    No speech recognition at all

Hi, this may be of interest:
    Installing additional language packs for Windows 10 speech recognition random ranting

This has downloads, + a complete list of languages availablefor Win 10:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=27224
    (but note the date)

fwiw I just tried it- my locale, speech, display language etc are set to UK English. (Which took some doing this time, or something was slightly messed up).

If I type speech in Cortana's search box, say, I get Windows Speech Recognition as top search.

I use Classic Shell, with the Control Panel expanded, so in a second or less I can see 'Speech Recognition' listed there.

Similarly, if I type 'Speech' in Settings I can easily see Speech Recognition.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With the speech recognition bar displayed, task manager shows:
    SpeechRuntime.exe in C:\Windows\System32\Speech_OneCore\Common ..........

sapisvr.exe in C:\Windows\Speech\Common

running.

=================================================
    Some (older) search results:

I came across this for Win 7
    Speech Recognition - Language Configuration is Not Supported Error Fix - Windows 7 Help Forums
    - maybe there's an updated one here (see Tutorials).

There are a couple of helpful links at the end of this (but Win 7 again)
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...c-cb0ae84c939d

dalchina, Jan 15, 2019
  4. sidneylo Win User

Win 10 Speech Recognition

I was going to try the settings one more time as you suggested. However I ran into deadlock even at the first step:

“…Select the
    Speech Recognition > Set up Speech Recognition
    page…”

No such choice as “Set up Speech Recognition”. How can I send you the screen shot?

sidneylo, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Speech Recognition Has Stopped Working - Similar Threads - Speech Recognition Has

2. Permanently stop speech recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently stop speech recognition: I have disabled speech recognition in both Settings and Control Panel as described in numerous posts on the web. However an image appears whenever Windows is started and several times thereafter. I want to eliminate that pop-up. Thanks in advance for a useful solution....
  3. Permanently stop speech recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently stop speech recognition: I have disabled speech recognition in both Settings and Control Panel as described in numerous posts on the web. However an image appears whenever Windows is started and several times thereafter. I want to eliminate that pop-up. Thanks in advance for a useful solution....
  4. Speech Recognition not working at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech Recognition not working at all.: Hi,I am so darn frustrated because Windows Speech Recognition is not working anymore. It worked until last week, even after I trained the computer to bloody hear me! I tried using a new profile, using my headphones, rebooting and resetting my computer. I even tried sfc...
  5. Speech Recognition not working at all.

Speech Recognition not working at all.: Hi,I am so darn frustrated because Windows Speech Recognition is not working anymore. It worked until last week, even after I trained the computer to bloody hear me! I tried using a new profile, using my headphones, rebooting and resetting my computer. I even tried sfc...
  6. Speech Recognition isnt working

in Cortana
    Speech Recognition isnt working: Im trying to turn on speech recognition to play a game called phasmophobia. But when i try to turn on speech Recognition i get an error saying "Speech Recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported." Im using United States English and running...
  7. Speech recognition not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speech recognition not working.: I really need to get this to work, I keep getting this error message, I also found this post of someone with a similar problem, but just like him I can't get past step 2 since there's nothing on the left. Does anyone know how I can get it to work? submitted by /u/SGKKLNGGZ...
  8. Speech recognition isn't working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speech recognition isn't working.: I was successfully using speech recognition until an update has set my computer against me. And, unfortunately, it's been awhile since it has ever worked. [Window Title]Speech Recognition Error[Main Instruction]Speech Recognition could not start because the language...
  9. Windows Speech Recognition works, but not with Office

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Speech Recognition works, but not with Office: How can I get Windows Speech Recognition to work well with Office apps? I have set up Speech Recognition, made sure that the microphone I am using is the only audio input, and completed the accuracy training. When I dictate into Windows Notepad, the dictation works well -...
  10. Windows 10 Speech Recognition Training Is not working

Windows 10 Speech Recognition Training Is not working: I am trying to set up voice recognition for a program I purchased called voice attack. I followed instructions and I have gotten to a Speech Recognition Voice training window. I did the entire thing once, and it completely failed. It could not recognize a single word I said,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. speech ux configuration has stopped working

2. My speech recognition has stopped