Windows 10: Windows 10 speech recognition the select command does not respond. How can I fix it?

Discus and support Windows 10 speech recognition the select command does not respond. How can I fix it? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 speech recognition the select command does not respond. How can I fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Recognize_10, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 speech recognition the select command does not respond. How can I fix it?

Windows 10 speech recognition the select command does not respond. How can I fix it?

:)

Recognize_10, Sep 28, 2020

2. Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/using-speech-recognition

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Sep 28, 2020
  3. sidneylo Win User
    Win 10 Speech Recognition

I was going to try the settings one more time as you suggested. However I ran into deadlock even at the first step:

“…Select the
    Speech Recognition > Set up Speech Recognition
    page…”

No such choice as “Set up Speech Recognition”. How can I send you the screen shot?

sidneylo, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Marco Gav Win User

Windows 10 speech recognition the select command does not respond. How can I fix it?

WINDOWS 10 SPEECH RECOGNITION , ----PROBLEMS WITH CAPITALISING LETTERS OR WORDS

Hi Neil,

The command to capitalize the first letter of a word is: Caps word. If voice recognition is having a hard time understanding your command, we suggest that you
    train your PC. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Windows Speech Recognition.

• Follow the instructions.

For more commands that you can use, you can check here:
    Windows Speech Recognition commands

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 speech recognition the select command does not respond. How can I fix it? - Similar Threads - speech recognition select

2. Commands in Speech recognition are treated as text.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Commands in Speech recognition are treated as text.: I have started using windows speech recognition. The text seems to work amazingly well, but commands are printed as text as well accurately!. Is there any way to tell the program to treat a spoken phrase as a command? such holding down the <ALT> key. Otherwise how can I force...
  3. Commands in Speech recognition are treated as text.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Commands in Speech recognition are treated as text.: I have started using windows speech recognition. The text seems to work amazingly well, but commands are printed as text as well accurately!. Is there any way to tell the program to treat a spoken phrase as a command? such holding down the <ALT> key. Otherwise how can I force...
  4. Speech Recognition - "start listening" command failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech Recognition - "start listening" command failure: Why does Windows 11 Speech Recognition not recognise my "start listening" command and how can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-start-listening-command-failure/b639e133-f212-4942-b06b-66630198b311
  5. Speech Recognition - "start listening" command failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speech Recognition - "start listening" command failure: Why does Windows 11 Speech Recognition not recognise my "start listening" command and how can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-start-listening-command-failure/b639e133-f212-4942-b06b-66630198b311
  6. Speech recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech recognition: My built-in microphone isn't working. Worse, my microphone built into my headset isn't working either. I can hear fine from the speakers both built into the computer and from the headset, but can't speak at all. What's wrong?...
  7. Speech recognition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speech recognition: Am using Windows 10. There is also Speech recognition. If i want to use it can i use an Virtual mic?Because i have a view movies with no subtitles.And for these movies are no subtitles to get.I have to put Dutch words on text so i can translate it to English....
  8. Windows Speech Recognition

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Speech Recognition: Does anyone else despise the Speech Recognition app as much as I do? Apparently, someone at Microsoft thought it was a good idea to remove the simple little microphone that made it possible for me to ask questions in the Search field, and in Gmail replies. What a mistake....
  9. Windows speech recognition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows speech recognition: Windows speech recognition, on Windows 10, won't start up from control panel. The only way to get it to start is rebooting my system. Anyway to fix this?...
  10. SPEECH RECOGNITION

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SPEECH RECOGNITION: I HAVE WINDOWS 10. THE SPEECH RECOGNITION DOES NOT LOAD AT STARTUUPCAN I CORRECT THIS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/speech-recognition/43c4fd94-71ab-4012-9ab3-0da1e255ed0a