Windows 10: Windows 10 spinning circle after creators update. Unable to log in.

Discus and support Windows 10 spinning circle after creators update. Unable to log in. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I would be extremely grateful for any help in resolving an issue which has been driving me to the precipice of a breakdown since it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DPB, Jul 9, 2017.

1. DPB
    DPB Win User

Windows 10 spinning circle after creators update. Unable to log in.

Hi everyone,

I would be extremely grateful for any help in resolving an issue which has been driving me to the precipice of a breakdown since it happened over a month ago.

After allowing windows 10 to install the creator's update, my computer now only reaches the blank black screen with the circle of spinning smaller circles and remains at that point until I turn the computer off. I know this seems to be a common problem, and I have searched for, but have so far been unsuccessful in finding, a successful solution.

From what I read it would appear that I may have no other option than to 'reset' windows and lose, and have to reinstall, all my software, plugins, which is going to be a huge ball-ache I would obviously rather avoid if at all possible.

I would be grateful for any help anyone can offer, and I've added below further information I feel might be helpful and relevant, but please let me know if anyone requires anything further.

Thank you

Darrell

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    * I don't have a password setup in windows, so, when it works, it goes straight into windows.
    * I have a CD AND USB versions of Windows 10 from the Windows Media Creator.
    * I can access Windows Safe Mode but am unable to use either the CD or USB to repair from Safe Mode.
    * I have tried System Restore to the previous point, but that didn't make any difference.
    * I have tried the Windows Startup Problems Utility. That didn't make any difference.
    * Unfortunately, I don't have a disk image.
    * Windows 10 is installed on a 480Gb SSD. Data is on a 3Tb SATA drive, and there is a smaller additional SSD for use as a (Photoshop) scratch disk.

:)

2. Seawolf Win User

Creator Update Patch Problems

After successfully updating to the Creator Anniversary Update, I am unable to boot up into Windows. The dot circle keeps spinning but does not boot into Windows. Help please.

Seawolf, Jul 9, 2017
  3. I updated my my windows 10 to the newest update and now I cant get onto my admin profile?

Basically, I updated my windows like it was recommended. After the update, I am unable to log into my admin profile. It will display the "Welcome" with the dots spinning in a circle then go to a black screen with a cursor if I touch the mousepad. I can still
    log onto my other profiles, just not my admin profile (which is my main profile).

Any help??

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

weston_yzf, Jul 9, 2017
  4. Windows 10 spinning circle after creators update. Unable to log in.

Hi Darrell. Welcome to the TenForums @DPB

Three quick things, one and two, enter your BIOS and ensure Secure Boot and Fast Boot are disabled. Sounds like you are past the secure boot stage but both have to disabled until install complete. Three, I would also recommend disconnecting the 3TB data drive until (if) you get Windows up.

Sounds like you are doing the in place upgrade, that is you are typing Setup against one of the boot medias you have, Correct?

If I understand you correctly the device has been unusable for a month, is this correct? Or are you able to get back to the Anniversary version with each attempt failing in a black screen.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 9, 2017
  5. DPB
    DPB Win User
    Hi Caledon Ken,

Thank you, both for the welcome, and for your response.

The 'Safe Boot' and 'Secure Boot' options were both enabled. They are now both disabled, and the 3TB disconnected.

I apologise in advance for any misunderstanding of your second question on my part, but the original Windows upgrade (that went wrong) was the automatic windows auto update that was automatically updating when I went to bed, and then in its current state when I woke up. (I did leave it running for over 24 hours .... just in case).

And lastly my computer has been unusable for the past month, yes, but that is only because I haven't had the time to focus on trying to fix it.

So now I've turned off the two boot options and the 3TB disk, I'm unsure what I should be doing now? I have saved the BIOS settings and restarted the computer, but it still goes back to the blank black screen and the spinning circles.

I'm very grateful for your kind help, but I'm much better with working computers than computers that don't work, so if I've misunderstood anything, please let me know.

Thank you again

Darrell.

6. So can you boot to the "Choose an option screen" just using your SSD?

Windows in programmed to enter this mode after two failed boots. So if you start computer and see the spinning dots hold the power button down until it shuts off. Power on again and when dots appear hold power button down until it shuts off. On the next start you should get the Advance Startup menu.

Tutorial here...

Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

You want to get to the screen "Go back to the previous build". In tutorial there is a screen shot with big red arrow pointing to see more recovery options.

I think your goal should be to get back to a working version and then copy out your personal data.

You said you found Safe Boot and Secure Boot. When you said Safe Boot did you mean Fast Boot. Fast Boot is section 2.8.1 of manual.

In looking at your specs and board more closely I would also disable Overclocks.

What is what graphics card based on, Nvida or AMD or ......

Once you have data backed up and with BIOS set you could try update again.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 10, 2017
  7. DPB
    DPB Win User
    Thank you again Ken,

Yes, you're correct, I meant 'Fast' boot, not 'Safe' boot. The Graphics Card is an Asus.

Thank you for all your help and suggestions, but I've decided to bite the bullet and take the computer back to the guy who sold me the system who is going to fix it. The reason being that I am overdue to finish some photography work I have promised someone, and every time I attempt something that fails, I just move one further fistful of my hair towards insanity!

Again, I'm very grateful for all your help.

Kindest regards

Darrell.

8. Windows 10 spinning circle after creators update. Unable to log in.

Sorry we couldn't help. Smart move, saves those nerves.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 11, 2017
  9. DPB
    DPB Win User
    That's for sure Ken. Thank you so much again.

Darrell.

10. DPB
    DPB Win User
    Hi Ken,

Just thought you might be interested to know that the guy fixed my computer (without, thankfully, losing any of the software Yay!), and it was the NVIDIA driver where the problem lay, being incompatible with the Windows Creator update, and he's found a different driver that works.

These are the instructions he sent me if I have the problem again, so I thought I would post them in case anyone else might find them helpful.

"1) When faced with the spinning circle, force a reboot by keeping power button pressed in and holding down shift key. Keep holding down that shift key during the reboot.
    2) A boot menu appears, press F8 quickly before it disappears
    3) If no boot menu, repeat 1)
    4) Choose Safe Mode with networking. This boots into a useable Windows screen, no spinning circle
    5) Right click the Start menu in bottom left corner and choose Device Manager
    6) Find and uninstall the Nvidia GT730 display driver
    7) Reboot and Windows should open in normal mode but with limited graphics capability
    8) Quickly pause Windows Updates so the driver doesn't immediately get updated as happened a couple of times! (thanks for that "gotcha" Microsoft)
    9) A mutually compatible graphics driver that pleases both Win 10 Creator's Update (AKA update 1703) and the graphics card turns out to be Nvidia graphics driver version 378.49 from 20/1/2017. More recent versions still do the spinning circle so don't try those. Perhaps in the future the latest update versions from MS and Nvidia will synchronize but that's not the case at the moment.
    10) Install Nvidia graphics driver 378.49. Choose Custom installation and Full, clean install. Installation may make screen flicker and momentarily go black but when it is finished, all should be well with full graphics capability restored."

Thank you again Ken.

Darrell.

11. Thank you and thanks for posting. This is a help.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 spinning circle after creators update. Unable to log in.

1. Windows 10 spinning circle after creators update. Unable to log in. - Similar Threads - spinning circle creators

2. Spinning circle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spinning circle: Just bought a new computer. Trying to set it up.Managed to connect Wi-Fi, then when I get to the "Create a pin" page it is a spinning wheel and nothing happens. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spinning-circle/5c59b155-8676-4f5d-ba0f-f20738ea3140
  3. Spinning circle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spinning circle: Just bought a new computer. Trying to set it up.Managed to connect Wi-Fi, then when I get to the "Create a pin" page it is a spinning wheel and nothing happens. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spinning-circle/5c59b155-8676-4f5d-ba0f-f20738ea3140
  4. Spinning circle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spinning circle: How can I stopThe spinning circle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spinning-circle/399613d1-60c3-488b-8d32-aabc85425233
  5. Spinning circle

Spinning circle: How can I stopThe spinning circle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spinning-circle/399613d1-60c3-488b-8d32-aabc85425233
  6. spinning circle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    spinning circle: when i change my astro headset from voice to game a get a blue circle constantly flashing? how do i fix this ? submitted by /u/ImmaShitMyPants [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lkoq7y/spinning_circle/
  7. Spinning circle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spinning circle: Our family computer has 2 logins. Whenever one of us logs in, the spinning circle comes up after and all the shortcuts on the taskbar are gone. We cannot access the windows taskbar either but the icon is there. The only way it has worked is if I hit CTRL ALT DEL and chose...
  8. Spinning Circle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spinning Circle: I have never had this happen before, but lately every time there is an update, something throws off my entire computer! Printer stops working and now it's been circling for the better part of the day with an update, and security updates! I can't do business like this, and my...
  9. spinning circle

spinning circle: I am having trouble with videos loading. I get this spinning circle on all sites. I am using windows 10. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spinning-circle/9b88a38c-7abc-4503-a3e4-c2e5d894cb0b
  10. Blank screen after installing Creators Update (NOT spinning circles)

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen after installing Creators Update (NOT spinning circles): EDIT:// UPDATE! I have solved my issue. What I did was as follows: I used CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open task manager. Once task manager was open, I then used the Start a new task function to run "msconfig". In "msconfig" I chose to boot into safe mode with networking, and upon...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spinning circle after windows update

2. windows 10 spinning cirlce after update